Author Topic: Arena where all players are on one side  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
Re: Arena where all players are on one side
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »
But taking out hangars is no fun at all without the  :cry

(But seriously... there was still a huge fight at 53 when I logged off last night, despite the fact that each side had taken down all the hangars at least once over the previous couple of hours.)

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 01:47:17 PM »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »
Maybe HTC needs to make the town harder to take, so that people can get to the attacked base from another base to have a chance at putting up a defense.

Or make the needed amount for a white flag, dependent on the distance that base is from another base, so that a defense can be mounted and a subsequent fight can ensue.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 10:33:51 AM »
 Ha Ha BillyD you must be one of the tank drivers I whack every time you up. It is a honor to be a member of the most hated squad in AH (S.O.A.R.) I see more stuff written in the BBS about us than any other squad. I see people write things about S.O.A.R. that are new to this game and most likely never even came up against any of us and all they know is hear say. But I forgive you BillyD for being a jerk since you are probably only 14 years old.

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 10:38:20 AM »
Ha Ha BillyD you must be one of the tank drivers I whack every time you up. It is a honor to be a member of the most hated squad in AH (S.O.A.R.) I see more stuff written in the BBS about us than any other squad. I see people write things about S.O.A.R. that are new to this game and most likely never even came up against any of us and all they know is hear say. But I forgive you BillyD for being a jerk since you are probably only 14 years old.
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »
Why would that be??

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 10:54:36 AM »
Maybe HTC needs to make the town harder to take, so that people can get to the attacked base from another base to have a chance at putting up a defense.

haha  Last I recall, when town had to be 100% down, most maps (especially the large ones) reset ONLY when Titanic Tuesday hit.  With the arena change that we have now?  No, I don't think so.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 01:07:04 PM »
:uhoh   :bolt:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 01:37:53 PM »

haha  Last I recall, when town had to be 100% down, most maps (especially the large ones) reset ONLY when Titanic Tuesday hit.  With the arena change that we have now?  No, I don't think so.

lol, vNooblet, I didn't say 100%, I said harder, that could be 80% or 90%, or something harder than what it is today.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:40:26 PM by Ardy123 »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 01:40:23 PM »
there are retrictions in some squads about switching sides............silly   :uhoh

also to help your thoughts ARDY123, instead of looking for someone to just randomly fight. look for the ones that are a threat to your country and fight them. break them up befor the hord forms ???
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 01:47:35 PM »
there are retrictions in some squads about switching sides............silly   :uhoh

also to help your thoughts ARDY123, instead of looking for someone to just randomly fight. look for the ones that are a threat to your country and fight them. break them up befor the hord forms ???

yeah, good luck, I'm not talking about your garden variety horde, its an organized group that goes at it in the wee hours of the morning, when the arena is mostly dead.  Its more akin to a mission but its usually perpetuated all by one squad.

aka, there will be some base that has no action all night, then all of a sudden, entering the dar will be 30+ planes all at the same time,  and within 3-5 min, the fh is down.
As kappa pointed out, there are some maps where the bases are farther apart, and as such, by the time you get there from a neighboring base, the field is taken.

I usually enjoy going after the horde, but the recent change in their attacks to prevent any defense (going for the vh & fh first). My goal is to be able to fight them, I don't care if I loose, I just want the opportunity.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:50:00 PM by Ardy123 »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 01:49:19 PM »
What happened to respect? Some of you guys really need to grow up. Name calling on a internet message board, Really?

As for the original post. You mean like an arena where its two sides and one side is AI?

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 01:52:20 PM »
What happened to respect? Some of you guys really need to grow up. Name calling on a internet message board, Really?

As for the original post. You mean like an arena where its two sides and one side is AI?

No, it was stated as kinda tung and check because, a certain group of players have found a way to 'game' the game such that the only combat they encounter is ack.

I say 'game' the game, because they are exploiting the fact that at 2-5am, there are very few people on, so by them organizing all on one side, they
1) have more numbers period
2) HTC has stated the point of the game is combat, but their motives are to avoid combat.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:54:07 PM by Ardy123 »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »

:aok
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 02:00:48 PM »
The game is very different depending on what time of day you try to play. You can't change other people, so if the early-bird hours people don't want to play with you just play with yourself instead 
:joystick:

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com