Author Topic: Lewis & Clarks Air Rifle  (Read 3117 times)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Re: Lewis & Clarks Air Rifle
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2011, 03:42:29 PM »
It does keep track of time, it's just that if you go to a new time zone (for instance, from Eastern Standard Time to Central Mountain Time), you need to reset the time.

-Penguin

I've gone to lots of different time zones, and never reset the time on my computer.  It always still had the "right" time on it when I got home.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline BrockS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2011, 04:51:10 PM »
Read "Undauted Courage" about the L & C expedition. Merriwether Lewis used to demonstrate it to the indians as sort of an ice breaker as he encountered new tribes along his way.

Offline BrockS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2011, 04:55:09 PM »
I'm an A-hole!...LOL I posted before watching the vid. Sorry

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2011, 04:58:32 PM »
You are also extrapolating the results of many trials from the results of one (possibly a friend's).  You are also exaggerating and fear mongering.  What you are saying simply isn't true.  Look at the forum community, there are plenty of intelligent people who use computers.  Furthermore, if this effect is so powerful, why can you read what I say?

-Penguin
extrapolating results? exaggerating and fear mongering? the people within this forum are just a microcosm of the overall population, hardly an example for what you're trying to assert. although there is a good segment who through the use of technology have lost the basic abilities learned in elementary school and, common sense has no more meaning than two words in the english language. you may live in some backwoods hole in the wall town where people haven't succumbed to the ignorance technology has brought to the masses but, i can tell you from a lifetime of travelling and spending time in many different places, the few who can build and/or utilize technology to improve themselves are by far outnumbered by those who have become ignorant with it.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2011, 07:07:32 PM »
Not to nitpick, but a microcosm is a small world representative of the world at large.

I do not live in the middle of nowhere, (although there are few things to do here), I live near a major city.  I know plenty of people who use technology, and they are just fine.  What abilities have they lost?  Grammar?  I see typical teenage writing when we peer-review papers, but nothing resembling OMG BFF LOL.

I've gone to lots of different time zones, and never reset the time on my computer.  It always still had the "right" time on it when I got home.

You are correct, sir.  I should have added that the computer in question does not automatically update the time based on a reliable source.

-Penguin

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2011, 04:34:23 PM »
That's also why it isn't replacing gasoline as a fuel, even though it can be used to turn over a motor.

sorry I had to do it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJeMnZuOOJU