Author Topic: Video of some upcoming tank changes  (Read 17260 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Video of some upcoming tank changes
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »
I am curious about speed control, without manual trans. 

So, if I release the accelerator (W key) before I reach speed to change a gear, what is the response?  Steady speed?  Speed increases to the Max for that gear? or continues to grab speed and change gears? 

Also, have you tried the trans out on steep down hills?  Wondering how that all will work without the gearing (brakes) that we are accustomed to. 

These are really questions that can be answered when the model is actually here.  Mostly things that I hope are important to you all also. 

:salute Pyro, HTC Staff.... give yourselves a raise.... you can take it out of JunkyIIs bank account ( :uhoh he's gonna be out of the country for a bit, I know where he hid the keys )

;) JunkyII best wishes bro.  Hopefully, the advances in wireless will have you in touch with us over the next year.   :cheers: I hope that you and all your mates get back to us soon, after a little muscle is flexed of course  :D

It works exactly like cruise control on your car with an automatic transmition.

Push w to accelerate to xxx speed then let go, it stays at xxx speed, go up hill it will down shift if need to hold speed . Turn hard it will down shift, then up shift when it can. It will even creep at 2 mph.

I.E. all you must do us push w to speed up s to slow down.

HiTech

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2011, 03:41:15 PM »
Honestly, that's rubbish and will be the end of GVing for me.
Retired

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2011, 03:45:13 PM »

Sweet!!!!  I wonder if LTARs will have me?  I can see me doing a lot more Tanking in the future.  :D

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2011, 03:46:20 PM »
really, and you know it's going to be that bad without ever having experienced it...a miracle.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »
Looks pretty awesome. I especially like controlling movement from the commander's position - IMO, more a step up than a step down in realism, since the real tank commander could just signal the driver to move without having to climb down into the driver's seat himself. It's like being able to rudder-turn buffs from the gunner position: it simulates the fact that the one player is taking on roles that there would be multiple crew members to carry out IRL. You'd never have a bomber or tank flying/driving around with no one at the controls because the one crew member was gunning.

I will miss the manual transmission, but it's a small loss for the big gain. However, the main thing I'd miss about it would be the 100 mph downhill rolls in neutral, but that should still be possible with the auto transmission, right? And I assume the T-34 will still be a beast going uphill.

Edit: my view questionw as answered, I just didn't see it first time through. But will the fast downhill rolls still be possible? After all you don't engine brake with an auto trans.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 04:02:25 PM by Crash Orange »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2011, 04:02:27 PM »
Hat switch switch turns your head with out moving the gun.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2011, 04:05:25 PM »
 We're also pulling out most hull gunners and just slaving that position to the coax so that it fires along with your coax if you're aiming within its field of fire.  

Well done video and very well presented. My compliments.

Not sure Im keen on the joining of the gunners though as I like to save my hull gunner as a gun of last resort.

couple of questions.
Will the hull gun now be taken out of action when the other guns are damaged now?

And will you be able to fire from the commanders position?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
Well done video and very well presented. My compliments.

Not sure Im keen on the joining of the gunners though as I like to save my hull gunner as a gun of last resort.

couple of questions.
Will the hull gun now be taken out of action when the other guns are damaged now?

And will you be able to fire from the commanders position?

Hull gun still functions as before with the exception that it now can be fired from the commander or gunner position with the fire secondary key.

HiTech

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2011, 04:26:52 PM »
Sweeeeeeeeet  :cheers:
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Razzor 479th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2011, 04:35:17 PM »
All in all, very cool.  Nice work on the improvements, which are significant.  I liked the you tube intro also since us visual learners could see what the heck you would normally describe in an update.   :aok

RAZOR - PIGS ON THE WING

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2011, 04:39:08 PM »
You can change your speed just by not hitting the W key as much...he does it while driving so Manual transmission isnt needed.

Pyro did you mean to slip up and say the Tank destroyers were coming to Aces High?  :D

M18 = Next GV I got $5 on it  :devil

He was referring to TDs with fixed gun positions. The M-18 has a turret  :aok

Though it is probably on its way...
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2011, 04:39:58 PM »
Hull gun still functions as before with the exception that it now can be fired from the commander or gunner position with the fire secondary key.

HiTech
Thats what I wanted to know thank you

Im sorry. with my second question I intended to be asking. But I think came out wrong was. Will you be able to fire the main gun from the commanders position?

Also it looks to me like you can  aim your turret to a general area from the commanders position. So Im assuming the gunners position you would be used to fine tune your aim?
Not sure if thats comming out right either. But I'll give it a shot  no pun intended

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2011, 04:41:46 PM »
 :banana: but can we also have the tank flipping bushes nerfed? And trees fixed.

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »
I thought of one,,   Can i lock my main gun on a target then go up top and look around, then fire my main gun from there?
For shooting over stuff is why I ask,, now I can set my gun close to target fire then go to pintle and see the round hit, then adjust and repeat to hit targets i could not see from the main gun,
 I wasn't gonna ask and tie up more of HTC time but just couldn't resist!
 I am just happy for more!  more is good!!
I am sure there are a good hundred more questions about all this, and I bet most of them will be answered as soon as the update hits!
I am still concerned about those darn killer bushes tho!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2011, 05:03:06 PM »
I am curious about speed control, without manual trans. 

So, if I release the accelerator (W key) before I reach speed to change a gear, what is the response?  Steady speed?  Speed increases to the Max for that gear? or continues to grab speed and change gears? 

Also, have you tried the trans out on steep down hills?  Wondering how that all will work without the gearing (brakes) that we are accustomed to. 

These are really questions that can be answered when the model is actually here.  Mostly things that I hope are important to you all also. 

:salute Pyro, HTC Staff.... give yourselves a raise.... you can take it out of JunkyIIs bank account ( :uhoh he's gonna be out of the country for a bit, I know where he hid the keys )

;) JunkyII best wishes bro.  Hopefully, the advances in wireless will have you in touch with us over the next year.   :cheers: I hope that you and all your mates get back to us soon, after a little muscle is flexed of course  :D
:salute Thank you
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"