Author Topic: cant stand the game anymore  (Read 4544 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: cant stand the game anymore
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »
99% of the ACM's as some of you call it would never be possible in real life.

99%?  Tell me which one's aren't real; turning? climbing? rolling? diving? climbing while turning? diving while turning? rolling while diving?...  really.  99%?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2011, 01:32:09 PM »
99%?  Tell me which one's aren't real; turning? climbing? rolling? diving? climbing while turning? diving while turning? rolling while diving?...  really.  99%?
can i tell you?  :D  i know you've seen stuff that would not be possible in a real plane traveling 300 mph...the pilot would black out and or never regain control from some of the gamey stuff that is done.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2011, 01:48:34 PM »
can i tell you?  :D  i know you've seen stuff that would not be possible in a real plane traveling 300 mph...the pilot would black out and or never regain control from some of the gamey stuff that is done.

When Planes flop around like fish on a hook when there trying not to be shot down, yea that's just a tad on the unrealistic side  :joystick:  when you have played this game for along time, you see alot of strange things done with planes that's way outside of the real world characteristics of those Planes,  lol i do like watching the floppinfish  :joystick:  but man there hard to hit and they always get me chuckling  :lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2011, 02:21:56 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1GVpyHYwtM

:)
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2011, 02:28:33 PM »
 :lol
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2011, 03:09:55 PM »
Just a GAME!!!! Nothing REAL about it. 99% of the ACM's as some of you call it would never be possible in real life. A a/c passes me I look back and he is doing a summer salt in mid air(and yes I have seen this happen) and then he is 200 on my 6. So take everything with a grian of salt, take a deep breath, up your best HO a/c, go HO about 5 cons and watch them cry on 200 and have a good laugh about it :x :cheers:

Do you have any experience to backup your theory?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2011, 03:13:34 PM »

Thats a modified stunt plane. Im pretty sure we are talkin bout WW2

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:41:48 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »

yyyyeeaah...nice try...  :aok  ...notice that wasn't a vintage 1943 fighter of any sort.
jarhed  

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2011, 03:38:59 PM »
it may not be a WW2 plane.....but its a person who is flying the plane......which people are saying those Maneuvers are not possible in real life :rolleyes:

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2011, 03:43:14 PM »

Why would the pilot not black out from a high G turn? Even if it's at 300mph?
As far as I remember you regain control in AH after some time.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2011, 03:46:13 PM »
Why is it that it is always "I have seen some strange stuff by other people" vs "I have been able to do some strange thing in these airplanes" ?

You may be very surprised what can be done in a real plane that is not done simply because if you fail the maneuver, the ground hurts very much.

HiTech

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »
it may not be a WW2 plane.....but its a person who is flying the plane......which people are saying those Maneuvers are not possible in real life :rolleyes:
do any of those twisty turny floppy maneuvers in a 109 and i guarantee you end up as a greasy spot on the ground...

Why would the pilot not black out from a high G turn? Even if it's at 300mph?
As far as I remember you regain control in AH after some time.
you got lost somewhere along the way didn't you?
jarhed  

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2011, 03:56:26 PM »

After re-reading your post...

In AH pilots do black out even at 300mph. You will always regain control after blacking out as long as you don't hit the ground during that time, which is exactly what happens in AH.
In AH sometimes you never regain control after some of the maneuvers and fall for 15K until you hit the ground (with your airplane fully intact).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:58:52 PM by MachFly »
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2011, 04:02:39 PM »
do any of those twisty turny floppy maneuvers in a 109 and i guarantee you end up as a greasy spot on the ground...

well I have only flown a real plane once...and have flown in AH for a few years and thankfully in AH you don't really die :D   but now that I have a good understanding of the planes I can easily do some crazy stuff in them with no worries, that video of the aerobatic plane that was posted is just a perfect example of what a human can deal with, could a WW2 plane do the things it was doing? most likely not, but you don't see that stuff in AH, the end over end was pretty crazy, I have spun out and recovered though, a good spin would look similar :aok