Author Topic: cant stand the game anymore  (Read 4537 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: cant stand the game anymore
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2011, 08:02:18 PM »
by a f4u catching a 262 going 550.i was in a 262 going 550 and the f4u was catching me from 4k out

just now,im in a p47M,hurri2C catches me.this game is such BS

It is all about the starting ENERGY.  If that Hurricane is high enough, has enough E, and has a good angle vs your turning slow-n-low P47M, then yes it is highly probable.

The F4Ux is one of the best E planes in the sim-game.  It can hold its own.  If it was able to dive down for a few thousand feet and get its speed up to 550mph, then yes it very probably could hang with a 262 for a ways, especially if it were a F4U-4.

If you are getting burned out then people understand, but double check your reasons.  There is always a logical reason why plane X caught plane Y.  Always.  Film it and watch it and you will learn many things. Trust me.   :aok 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2011, 08:02:51 PM »
then why when im flying a b17,a p51 can give me a 2 second burst in the wing root(where i shot the other guy last night)and i go down.soo inconsistant.at least 2 of the 8 second burst had to have hit in the same spot.

Simple.

Experience
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2011, 08:06:03 PM »
the only thing that can be considered to be "Bull Scatalogy" is your story of being caught by a Corsair doing 550mph from over 4,000 yards out and catching you.  Do you have a film to post of it?  I'm sure you'll reply that you 1) didn't film it 2) reformated your hard drive and lost it or 3) you accidentatly deleted it.

Anyway, a Corsair could only hope to achieve 550mph in a full power dive but most likely not without damge to its flight control surfaces and probably some other types of structural damage from overspeeding.  That's what would have happened in "real life"

Wow, I didn't catch your last line until now and I have to say that you sure topped yourself with that one.  A Hurricane catching a P-47N?  The only way that could have happened is if the Hurricane had an overwhelming energy advantage due to having the altitude advantage and dove on you for the bounce or you were a lot faster than you thought you were and grossly over estimated the Hurricane's speed.

Now that I've read both of your posts with your examples of how the game is "B.S", I've come to the conclusion that the problem isn't with the game but rather the pilot (you).  It is clear that you do not have a clear understanding of the planes that you fly in this game, nor a clear understanding of how to read relative energy states of both your plane or the bandit's plane.  There are probably dozens and dozens of other things that can be added up to show that the fault lies with your own lack of skill but the most glaring ones that caused your rant are due to you just having no clue about the airplanes, a clear lack of how to estimate relative energy states.

Of course, it's far easier to blame the game for your own lack of skill than to admit you just suck.  Reminds me of Schlowy4 and his constant rant about how porked all the Luftwaffe planes are in the game when the problem stems from his lack of skill and not any incorrect modeling of the Luftwaffe planes.

ack-ack

no,ive got it filmed.but i get a window that sais "windows does not recognize this..yada yada..it sais i can either get web help or choose a program to view it.windows media player cant play it i guess.there for.i cant do it
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2011, 08:07:12 PM »
no,ive got it filmed.but i get a window that sais "windows does not recognize this..yada yada..it sais i can either get web help or choose a program to view it.windows media player cant play it i guess.there for.i cant do it

choose a program to view it.. the aces high film viewer.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2011, 08:08:26 PM »
Open with: C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\ahfilm.exe
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »
     So far no one has held a gun to my head and MADE me play AH. 
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline BushLT1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2011, 08:12:46 PM »
So I don't need this gun to Rino head anymore.  :bhead

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2011, 08:19:28 PM »
     So far no one has held a gun to my head and MADE me play AH. 

Well no gun, but I do have this lovely knife:

Mind PM'ing me your address?
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »
Uber lack of SA...and mis reading E...and mis reading his instruments...and burning to much E to fast..and bad gunnery...and no convergence. how long ca nthe list be? wow...
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2011, 08:53:54 PM »
lol so I guess the 262 I killed while I was in a Zero is just so not realistic......or the 262 I killed while in a hurri?

it all comes down to experience, you have none.....you think in very basic terms IE 262 is the fastest plane there is so nothing can catch it.....or the Hurri is one of the slowest so it cannot catch my uber F4U.....it all comes down to ENERGY as many have said, you may think you know the energy of another plane but until you truly understand this concept, you will think something is screwy, as I can see that this is how you think, it must be the game, it cannot be me........ive been here since tour 52 and straight up.....there is very few things "wrong" with it.  it has an outstanding flight model and NO plane is overly "wrong"  no not even the "Brew"

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2011, 08:56:10 PM »
bye  :aok
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2011, 09:16:08 PM »
I can't ever remember a player admitting to so many deficiencies in understanding and skills in one thread than this one.  Wow.  Just wow.  Of course for everything he doesn't understand and every skill he lacks it's HT's fault.   :rolleyes:
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2011, 09:39:34 PM »
then why when im flying a b17,a p51 can give me a 2 second burst in the wing root(where i shot the other guy last night)and i go down.soo inconsistant.at least 2 of the 8 second burst had to have hit in the same spot.

Something to ponder: The last B-17 I killed with a P-51 died while I had just two bullets in two guns. In your example you stated a two second burst! With that much ammo I could and have killed all three B-17s. By the same token I have killed P-51s trying to do the same thing to me.

Drediock is right... its a matter of experience.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2011, 09:42:55 PM »
 *in a strong Polish accent*

"Repeat please"
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2011, 10:17:19 PM »
my experience with the f4u,diving about 5k only gets me up to 500 for a short period of time.only planes that ever cought a 262 were p51's.on accasion and that dove on them.not in level flight.

Probably because the Japanese didn't have 262s for the NAVY to catch with their corsairs.
Curry1-Since Tour 101