Author Topic: Request for MidWar time change  (Read 2881 times)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Re: Request for MidWar time change
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »
Nope... milking would be attacking a defenseless country.

So in the above examples of 7 bish, 2 rook, 1 knit... the 7 bish are "trying to win a war" by pounding on the 1 knit.  The two rooks looking for a fight decide to change to knit and help defend in order to have an opportunity to actually combat PEOPLE, not buildings.  Now the team count is 7-0-3.  So, by your logic, to win the war... the bish should hit the defenseless rooks since they cannot back change for an hour... got it  :rofl
No, they should take bases they need to win the war,  no one has said which ones they need,  but if it was rook bases they just out smarted the rooks into leaving there side wide open, if it was knights.  Then they just saved the map
There is a lot more strategy than most people understand.but a quick look into country status will tell you everything you need to know.
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »
No, they should take bases they need to win the war,  no one has said which ones they need,  but if it was rook bases they just out smarted the rooks into leaving there side wide open, if it was knights.  Then they just saved the map
There is a lot more strategy than most people understand.but a quick look into country status will tell you everything you need to know.

:bhead

So, by protesting against the reduction of the "wait time" for side switching in MidWar, you aren't really protesting that it screws up the strategy of winning, you are protesting the fact that with three defenders able to move to where ever the milkers are, it might make life difficult by making them fight something other that auto-ack and those pesky town buildings...

Got it  :aok

:rofl

SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 01:24:21 PM »
:bhead

So, by protesting against the reduction of the "wait time" for side switching in MidWar, you aren't really protesting that it screws up the strategy of winning, you are protesting the fact that with three defenders able to move to where ever the milkers are, it might make life difficult by making them fight something other that auto-ack and those pesky town buildings...

Got it  :aok

:rofl

No, I am protesting changing the rules of the game simply so someone who otherwise has no clue what is going on can jump to knights then jump to bish or whatever side he wants at will!
if you change it for the people that don't know better, you make it easier to exploit other parts of the game by those less scrupulous players who might want to switch sides for reasons other than the noble ones you are supporting.
this game does not need to be dumb ed down to the lowest common denominator
I never said anything about what the "milkers " do,  I don't care if one side wants to take the map,  if I am not defending, then I will attack, If one side has me outnumbered, great!  If the other side is being overwhelmed, I would attack the aggressors and capture a base or two from the side I am on,, that will surely get there attention, If they can't win without the base I take from them.
I change sides to avoid High ENY that is the only reason,  if there is no fight, I go make one!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:47:33 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »
I play AH to fight other players whiskey.  I dont give a toejam about winning the war, and when AH becomes nothing but a bunch of dope heads flying past each other in a race to take undefended bases "for the win", then the game will be dead to me. 
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »
You shouldn't be worried about people who have no clue.

I play AH to fight other players.  I don't give a shyt about winning the war, and when AH becomes nothing but a bunch of dope heads flying past each other in a race to take undefended bases "for the win", then the game will be dead to me. 
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 01:53:35 PM »
well there is the DA, why mess with mid war?  if all you want is to fight.

just sayin,,,  :bhead
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 01:55:48 PM »
====
well to be fair, these guys are reminding me alot of your old squad but the difference being is that you guys would occasionally stick around for a fight, at least for a few minutes, before going after the low number/empty country.

I can see where my request has you upset.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:07:47 PM by Yeager »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 01:58:35 PM »

And if all YOU want is to hit auto ack, there's offline.

Just sayin

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »
I agree with Yeager and Krusty.

I also support removal of the time restriction to switch sides.  The points raised by WWhiskey are false, unless your only goal is to attack undefended bases.

This is false.  People fighting against each other to take or defend changes the dynamics of a fight, something the DA completely lacks.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:08:22 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 02:39:50 PM »
if there is no fight, I go make one!

And if the other ten players online totally ignore your efforts... THEN WHAT?  :confused:

Better yet, you login and you are the single player on the country getting ganged.  You put up a brilliant defense and the gangtards take there toys and go hit the other team leaving you swinging in the breeze.  You then follow your own thinking and "I can go make a fight!" and again, no one comes to play as they are happy as clams killing auto-ack and bombing defenseless town buildings on the other side of the map.  Are you satisfied with your game play options?  You can switch sides... but wait... if you switch sides that opens up your front and a change back can't happen for a hour.

The point is, in a barely populated arena like MW, the fights are key... not the war.  All the OP and several others of us want is an opportunity to fight the hordelings and make them EARN the war if they want it so badly.  :salute

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 02:49:36 PM »
And if the other ten players online totally ignore your efforts... THEN WHAT?  :confused:

Better yet, you login and you are the single player on the country getting ganged.  You put up a brilliant defense and the gangtards take there toys and go hit the other team leaving you swinging in the breeze.  You then follow your own thinking and "I can go make a fight!" and again, no one comes to play as they are happy as clams killing auto-ack and bombing defenseless town buildings on the other side of the map.  Are you satisfied with your game play options?  You can switch sides... but wait... if you switch sides that opens up your front and a change back can't happen for a hour.

The point is, in a barely populated arena like MW, the fights are key... not the war.  All the OP and several others of us want is an opportunity to fight the hordelings and make them EARN the war if they want it so badly.  :salute

so you want to ruin the game for ten players to satisfy your desire to have a fight  knock yourself out!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 03:04:44 PM »
so you want to ruin the game for ten players to satisfy your desire to have a fight  knock yourself out!

And you are saying it's better to stifle one person's ability to fight against real folks in an empty arena to satisfy ten players desire to milk bases to be the winners of the war.  I think we understand each other now  :D

Why am I getting pictures of multiple formations of low level lancs bombing and bailing in my head?  :rofl   Yep, much better game play.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 03:07:05 PM »
And you are saying it's better to stifle one person's ability to fight against real folks in an empty arena to satisfy ten players desire to milk bases to be the winners of the war.  I think we understand each other now  :D

Why am I getting pictures of multiple formations of low level lancs bombing and bailing in my head?  :rofl   Yep, much better game play.
you have it pictured perfectly I'm afraid.  MW is a pathetic shell of what it used to be.  Thanks to these guys.

Kill the timer entirely, lets bring player versus player combat back to the FRONT of the picture, not way down in the background map questing player versus environment clutter.

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 03:52:52 PM »
I agree completely with WWhiskey. Lots of people like the dynamic of MW, not everyone wants to be a fighter jock, and it allows players to do it all; gv ,cv, bombing etc. without suffering the idiocy of LW vulch fests, uber everything aircraft, jets, rocket and the same map for a month syndrome.

The hoard rarely stays in the majority very long, and great fights happen all the time as the dynamic shifts. Lately MW seems to be a venue of LW peeps to fly around and farm perks in low value rides for B-29s. So what, makes for some fun buff hunting if you want  to chase a few sectors.

People change sides all the time looking for a fight. The 1 hr limit is a smart way HTC, to keep people from abusing sides for strategic purposes, don't hold your breath they are going to change it to please you. Way too many other opportunities to dogfight elsewhere.

Axis v Allies, which is a great venue for ACM and good fights, which is usually base capture restricted, it is also sparsely populated but lots of fun when it heats up. The quick side change works fine when there is no strategic advantage to be gained.

Stay in LW, WWI, go to the DA or AvA if it disturbs you so much. Not a small number of regulars like it the way it is regardless of the numerical odds for and against you. Enjoy

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 03:56:51 PM »
fix your website link Seadog.