Author Topic: autoclimb is the new dive?  (Read 2767 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: autoclimb is the new dive?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 05:54:10 AM »
It's a bug that's been around for a very long time but I have no idea how to reproduce it and it is very random.  You'll be on auto-climb and then all of a sudden you'll do a sharp nose dive and then the plane pulls up in a zoom climb to bleed energy back to 180mph IAS where it then settles back down into a climb.  Auto-pilot does not turn off while this occurs and stays on throughout the entire episode.

I haven't been able to figure out the cause but I know from extensive testing of my controllers that those aren't the cause and also that auto-pilot does not turn off while it happens also points away from it being the controllers.

ack-ack

I think I know what your talking about, it happened to me ones in five years, no idea how to reproduce it. But unless your at 5ft AGL the bug will not kill you.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 05:57:28 AM »
Maybe you  should try shift X instead of alt X until you get some alt, say 10k  if your not willing to let it run up to speed before walking away!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 05:58:49 AM »
Maybe you  should try shift X instead of alt X until you get some alt, say 10k  if your not willing to let it run up to speed before walking away!

He might stall out and crash.
I recommend he keeps it on manual. Or just use autotake off and not touch anything until 5k.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 06:27:33 AM »
so i lift off a 163 to get strat bombers..etc..i do .speed 200 then alt X (my autoclimb setting).it imedialty goes into a nose dive 1k off the deck.i crash of course.but at the time my true speed was between 250 and 260.why would it just nose over like that?

I've been here almost 10 years and I still make that mistake from time to time.
The problem was you werent going fast enough for the command you were trying to do.

It will also do the same thing in bombers and a 262 if your not already going fast enough.
Best things to do.
If your taking off, either leave it on auto take off  untill you get alt.
Or once you know you have cleared the trees. Go level and hold it there till you have reached an acceptable speed.

Anything less will have you right back here in the forums complaining
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline meou01

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 06:36:38 AM »
what makes you think they won't complain anyway?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 06:39:39 AM »
so i lift off a 163 to get strat bombers..etc..i do .speed 200 then alt X (my autoclimb setting).it imedialty goes into a nose dive 1k off the deck.i crash of course.but at the time my true speed was between 250 and 260.why would it just nose over like that?
:lol   surprised krusty didn't notice it first...you're sequence was off...you must be at or above the default auto-speed setting for the aircraft before you hit alt+x then enter your dot command after it has nosed up...and don't enter a dot speed that is faster than the default unless you have room for the plane to recover from the dive it's going to do in order to achieve the speed you entered.

i've made that mistake too many times myself...the dot command will not override the default speed until you are actually in the auto-speed mode, and if you enter the auto-speed mode slower than the default setting, it will nose down until you reach that default speed.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:43:45 AM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 06:44:21 AM »
if you enter the auto-speed mode slower than the default setting, it will nose down until you reach that default speed.

that  :salute
now posting as SirNuke

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 07:59:42 AM »
Submarine Plane - troll model
                                               brave-hart, are you ready to take-off?

****                    controlo tower
                                                                                                     *    *
                                                                                                     *    *****
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                        :airplane:

pretty sure, control tower

go !

*    *
                                                                                                     *    *****
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                  ---------- -----------
                                                                /
                                                              /
                                                          \       /       ro ... g..err!                      
                                                         -  eek    -
                                                          /     \                                  
                                          BOom!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:03:47 AM by lulu »
mobilis in mobile

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 08:38:15 AM »
Submarine Plane - troll model
                                               brave-hart, are you ready to take-off?

*    *
                                                                                                     *    *****
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                        :airplane:

pretty sure, control tower

go !

*    *
                                                                                                     *    *****
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                                                     *            *
                                                                  ---------- -----------
                                                                /
                                                              /
                                                          \       /       ro ... g..err!                      
                                                         -  eek    -
                                                          /     \                                  
                                          BOom!

Did your parents have any children that lived?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 08:41:55 AM »
Or do I came from the star?

mobilis in mobile

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 08:45:13 AM »
So mtnman answered the question perfectly.  Now the new question is:  "How can we see the default speed setting before engaging auto-speed"?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 09:24:49 AM »
My guess, a typo with the .speed command. Would do all the symptoms he is stating and he would not know he typod the command.

HiTech

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 09:38:38 AM »
I get the impression he is in such an intense whine mode that he is just begging for any new perceived problem so that he can come here and bleed all over us, proving what an astute observer and knower of the truth he is.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 09:40:48 AM »
yall give the guy a break. all he is doing is looking for answers.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 09:42:02 AM »
yall give the guy a break. all he is doing is looking for answers.

He is not. Look at all his threads over the last few days.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman