Author Topic: Base capture  (Read 8315 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Base capture
« on: March 30, 2011, 06:47:20 PM »
Let me just say the Devils Rejects are capable of smashing and grabbing a base in about 3 minutes!!

Time to extend the radar circle out a bit I think! :aok Or have some better warning of the impending gaggle this was comes  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Re: Base capture
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 06:49:48 PM »
another post feat. v`s? really?............................. .........................
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 06:57:03 PM »
another post feat. v`s? really?............................. .........................

Well insert any base taking squad you'd like, the point is there is not enough time to up with any kind of #s to contest these base captures. Upping from a adjacent field is useless, upping from the attacked field without #s is also useless!

The "smash and grab" technique has been improved upon mostly by #s involved but also practice makes perfect. If there is not enough time to up from a nearby field then some earlier warning of this attack might generate some better reaction and improved "interaction" tween adversaries, it is an air combat game after all  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 06:58:38 PM »

Well insert any base taking squad you'd like, the point is there is not enough time to up with any kind of #s to contest these base captures. Upping from a adjacent field is useless, upping from the attacked field without #s is also useless!

The "smash and grab" technique has been improved upon mostly by #s involved but also practice makes perfect. If there is not enough time to up from a nearby field then some earlier warning of this attack might generate some better reaction and improved "interaction" tween adversaries, it is an air combat game after all  :aok

JUGgler

Localized eny could solve this too... imagine if they were all relegated to stukas because they had a oh... 40-1 ration against the targeted base.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 06:58:42 PM »
I am going to have to agree with that statement. I have watched "V" missions rape & take many of bases from the country with the weakest numbers on a part of the map where nobody was at. Keep up the good work Rejects. :salute
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 07:02:02 PM »
Let me just say the Devils Rejects are capable of smashing and grabbing a base in about 3 minutes!!

Time to extend the radar circle out a bit I think! :aok Or have some better warning of the impending gaggle this was comes  :aok

JUGgler
You know I have noticed every time requests for changes to slow down base captures are requested then are implemented. The hoard to capture a base after the implementation has taken place only gets worse.

Careful what you ask for. :aok

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »

JUGgler

Their attacks are also very easy to stop.  Don't see why people are always whining about them swarming a base when they can be stopped if the defenders actually *gasp* defend.  Last couple of weeks that I've flown on both the Rookie and Knit side, when the vGuys have attacked, there were stopped cold.

I think it was last night that we held off and beat back the vGuys attempt at taking A78 and they had the hangers and town down but got stopped cold.  Of course, they moved off to attack the Rookies, where I don't think they faired very well either.

I like it when the vGuys attack one of our bases, it means that I have a plethora of easy kills waiting for me on a silver platter to enjoy at my leisure.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 07:08:20 PM »
You know I have noticed every time requests for changes to slow down base captures are requested then are implemented. The hoard to capture a base after the implementation has taken place only gets worse.

Careful what you ask for. :aok

I'm not asking to slow down base captures, I actually think they do an awesome job at what they do. I am asking for a tad more warning ( whatever that may look like) it seems when most peeps in the game are off doing whatever all over the map then someone ups the "GAGGLIOTH" it offsets the game immensly. More folks I believe will take off to meat these GAGGLES if they thought they had a tad more time to get it together!  IMHO

JUGgler
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 07:11:38 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 07:10:33 PM »
Their attacks are also very easy to stop.  Don't see why people are always whining about them swarming a base when they can be stopped if the defenders actually *gasp* defend.  Last couple of weeks that I've flown on both the Rookie and Knit side, when the vGuys have attacked, there were stopped cold.

I think it was last night that we held off and beat back the vGuys attempt at taking A78 and they had the hangers and town down but got stopped cold.  Of course, they moved off to attack the Rookies, where I don't think they faired very well either.

I like it when the vGuys attack one of our bases, it means that I have a plethora of easy kills waiting for me on a silver platter to enjoy at my leisure.

ack-ack

True enough, but the last 3 or so I've seen have been over in 3 minutes or less, if you don't happen to already be there, there is not much that can be done

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 07:12:34 PM »
No whines here :ahand. Just never understood why a squad with big numbers gets on the forums and brags about taking bases. Might as well brag about spitting in the face of a 2 year old and taking his cookie. Want to impress me? Take 30 of you best and try to take a contested base from some squad with equal numbers and advantage. Like the Muppets or Chawks. Good old fashion head to head fighting. Beat them down and take the base they fly out of. Now thats fighting!!! :salute
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 07:13:33 PM »
Obviously in this case, it isnt about quality.  It is all about quantity.  Over whelming odds is their game, nothing more.  If taking X number of bases makes them feel happy and is a part of their "feel good about yourself" therapy, then by all means let them swarm away.

I've been apart of the 3-5 defenders who stave off the 30+ horde.  It is loads of fun to dive on through the vulchers to their goons and M3's and hear the scream and cries of v-masses.

When they are all done, I hope they be sure and put their successes on their resume when they apply for a job.   :aok  
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 07:14:42 PM »

Localized eny could solve this too... imagine if they were all relegated to stukas because they had a oh... 40-1 ration against the targeted base.

I doubt it would matter.  The smash and grab missions work pretty well, even in planes like 190A8s.  You don't even want to think about the HOs that will occur if the smash and grab squads discover that Mossies work real well too.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 07:17:40 PM »
The art of capturing a base with finesse is gone.  Because there is a little white flag that pops up when the town is ready, no longer do eyes need to scan time and time to check and double check if the town is down.

As long as the flag is available, the vHORDES will continue. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 07:22:32 PM »
No whines here :ahand. Just never understood why a squad with big numbers gets on the forums and brags about taking bases. Might as well brag about spitting in the face of a 2 year old and taking his cookie. Want to impress me? Take 30 of you best and try to take a contested base from some squad with equal numbers and advantage. Like the Muppets or Chawks. Good old fashion head to head fighting. Beat them down and take the base they fly out of. Now thats fighting!!! :salute
you might take time to read all the psot's before assuming that a horde squad was bragging about a base capture .I think Juggler was asking for an early warning system

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 07:34:27 PM »
Expanding the radars,  lowering dar limits,  all that won't work.

All that does is make it so that more people are required to take a base.    Under the old town design,  it required less people to take a base.   Less skill to approach in a straight line to blow up the entire town with 3 bombers,  less fighters to buzz the town,  LCA used to take bases quickly,  and now it takes more people to kill a town.

Every time you up the challenge,  you make the hordes  (military supremacy) larger.     

As much as I hate the white flag,  it did lessen the 'horde'  necessary to ensure every single building was killed.   At 100% town down it was very very difficult to tell,  bases did not capture many times due to the 1 building missed,  more fighters were required to cap/strafe/shoot down fighters.   
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-