Author Topic: Base capture  (Read 8316 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Base capture
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 08:55:31 AM »
Why condemn the v's! I came in on these guy at 2k in an f4u1a and had my way. You do have to be alert. the town flashes first and then the base. You have time to launch if you are alert.

Besides Juggler, you have no chess piece loyalty anyway. Not condemning you but why should you care. If I go to another country I do my best for them but I think they should watch as well.

I never condemnd them, please read my post again. I don't think I've ever condemnd them!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 08:56:49 AM »
I have to agree with everything Ack-Ack said.

I lost count of the number of vtard mission I stopped alone, it is very easy. Guggler, I understand that in your case flying a P-47 all the time it is not that easy to be outnumbered, low, and slow, I recommend that instead of changing the radar you try using an aircraft that specializes at turnfighting and low altitude. I'm not saying P-47 is a bad aircraft but it's not made for what you want it to do.

It's not? Someone better tell JUGgler

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2011, 09:03:25 AM »
I think everyone is reading too much into this post. All he's asking for is a bit more time to rally the defense. If these "horde mission" guys are so good a few more defenders shouldn't slow them down much right? :devil

Poppycock ... Last night, I alerted over country channel, on 3 separate occasion that a base was in trouble and needed uppers or it was lost. No one came outside of the 3 other guys that were at the base, and myself, that were trying to beat the wave back ... we lost the bases. This is a common occurrence.

I noticed a base blinking last night and moved to that tower. I could see 8 inch shells pummeling the base and town. I announced multiple times that there was a CV just off the coast of the base and asked for defenders ... 2 people answered the call immediately, and when people finally did respond, it was too late because the vulch light had already been lit for 5 minutes ... the base was taken.

The vBoys took A78 last night despite the call for help and it was even broadcasted that it was the vBoys attacking.

Even if the vBoys take a base with overwhelming numbers, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is next on the list, yet there is not a response in reciprocal numbers to deny the next attempt.

Leave the settings as they are ... learn how to read a map ... respond to ALERTS when they are sent out.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2011, 10:43:05 AM »

Well insert any base taking squad you'd like, the point is there is not enough time to up with any kind of #s to contest these base captures. Upping from a adjacent field is useless, upping from the attacked field without #s is also useless!

The "smash and grab" technique has been improved upon mostly by #s involved but also practice makes perfect. If there is not enough time to up from a nearby field then some earlier warning of this attack might generate some better reaction and improved "interaction" tween adversaries, it is an air combat game after all  :aok

JUGgler

I'm not attempting to be a smart buttox but how long have you been playing this game?  In years past... 3 minutes to take a field was just downright WRONG!  Back when I was in the BOP, everybody would have an assigned target and high cap, and the townkillers would form a wall around the town and the base would be taken in far less than 3 minutes. :eek:  You call this improved?

All the Best...

Jay

awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2011, 10:47:20 AM »
Poppycock ... Last night, I alerted over country channel, on 3 separate occasion that a base was in trouble and needed uppers or it was lost. No one came outside of the 3 other guys that were at the base, and myself, that were trying to beat the wave back ... we lost the bases. This is a common occurrence.

I'm starting to think this is more likely caused by the noticeably lower numbers in the MA's as of late.  There just aren't the same number of people around, and the ones that are, are already doing something.  

At any given time there is a small percentage of people just finishing a sortie, that can jump to defend a base under attack.  With higher side totals there are more of these people able to help.  Right now, with arenas around 50-70 per country on a normal night, there just aren't too many idle folks.

Even on Titanic Tuesday, there were only ~130 per country.  
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:57:18 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2011, 10:50:13 AM »

The division is not that clear. It only seems to be, because the relative minority "extremists" on both sides are naturally more vocal than the average Joe. The majority of AH players is somewhere in between. They want to help their team, but they want to have fun & action too. Each time such a player logs in, he (often subconsciously) tries to balance these different modes., and so one day he is more helping in captures while on other days he thinks "screw this" and just goes furballin, all depending on momentary circumstances.

Damn Snail, you actually get it! :salute  Not a whole lot of us "old-timers" do get it anymore. heheheh

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2011, 11:02:56 AM »
I'm starting to think this is more likely caused by the noticeably lower numbers in the MA's as of late.  There just aren't the same number of people around, and the ones that are, are already doing something.  

At any given time there is a small percentage of people just finishing a sortie, that can jump to defend a base under attack.  With higher side totals there are more of these people able to help.  Right now, with arenas around 50-70 per country on a normal night, there just aren't too many idle folks.

I totally agree with what you are saying and it could very well be what happened last night, but over a 10 minutes period of asking for help, and no one shows, you have got to wonder.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2011, 11:28:47 AM »
You're a good man but..............

Before they were here, somebody else was, before they were....... My Squad was........  Base taking has been around since the beginning of time(here)  The right thing to ask for is base defenders. 

It's really easy not to up and then come here and whine.  Me, I upped against a Rook cap last night 7 times. 

Let me just say the Devils Rejects are capable of smashing and grabbing a base in about 3 minutes!!

Time to extend the radar circle out a bit I think! :aok Or have some better warning of the impending gaggle this was comes  :aok

JUGgler
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 11:44:28 AM »

I noticed a base blinking last night and moved to that tower. I could see 8 inch shells pummeling the base and town. I announced multiple times that there was a CV just off the coast of the base and asked for defenders ... 2 people answered the call immediately, and when people finally did respond, it was too late because the vulch light had already been lit for 5 minutes ... the base was taken.

The vBoys took A78 last night despite the call for help and it was even broadcasted that it was the vBoys attacking.

Even if the vBoys take a base with overwhelming numbers, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is next on the list, yet there is not a response in reciprocal numbers to deny the next attempt.

Leave the settings as they are ... learn how to read a map ... respond to ALERTS when they are sent out.

Yahtzee!! :aok
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »
I'm starting to think this is more likely caused by the noticeably lower numbers in the MA's as of late.  There just aren't the same number of people around, and the ones that are, are already doing something. 

At any given time there is a small percentage of people just finishing a sortie, that can jump to defend a base under attack.  With higher side totals there are more of these people able to help.  Right now, with arenas around 50-70 per country on a normal night, there just aren't too many idle folks.

No. It's always been this way.

Either you get a bunch of defenders or everyone is busy "mindlessly" furballing in the same place they have all night.

I think it's just luck of the draw.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2011, 01:20:46 PM »
Their attacks are also very easy to stop.  Don't see why people are always whining about them swarming a base when they can be stopped if the defenders actually *gasp* defend.  Last couple of weeks that I've flown on both the Rookie and Knit side, when the vGuys have attacked, there were stopped cold.

I think it was last night that we held off and beat back the vGuys attempt at taking A78 and they had the hangers and town down but got stopped cold.  Of course, they moved off to attack the Rookies, where I don't think they faired very well either.

I like it when the vGuys attack one of our bases, it means that I have a plethora of easy kills waiting for me on a silver platter to enjoy at my leisure.

ack-ack

:x

No truer words have been posted...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2011, 02:26:08 PM »
I never condemnd them, please read my post again. I don't think I've ever condemnd them!

JUGgler

Well I'm certainly not going to defend them either. LOL. I'll take your word for it. Maybe I read to much in "vHorde". Actually I think like someone else pointed out. I read to much in the post.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2011, 04:36:05 PM »
Well I'm certainly not going to defend them either. LOL. I'll take your word for it. Maybe I read to much in "vHorde". Actually I think like someone else pointed out. I read to much in the post.

Hmm! never said vhorde either!

To be clear to everyone I am NOT whining, Improving hatefull interaction between adversaries in this game will only improve it  :aok I am fine with any kind of base taking there is, sneak, smash and grab or the kind that comes after a lengthy "back and forth" struggle the latter being prefered!  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2011, 05:23:44 PM »
Just never understood why a squad with big numbers gets on the forums and brags about taking bases.

And just who exactly from the Devil's Brigade has posted in this thread bragging about anything?

All I see are some posts on JUGgler's topic - whether base takes have become too easy and why people don't stop them - plus more of the same old whining, moaning, and braying by the same old crybabies with their crusty little knickers in the same old perpetual twist over our squad.

I guess we must be doing something right, anyway, to have such a fine collection of whiny little brats  :cry   :cry   :cry   nonstop.  :rofl  :rock

Reading this BS is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite hobby after playing AH. Check that - 3rd favorite, after checking the stats of the same blowhards and seeing how badly they actually do clubbing us "baby seals" in the MA. See below.

Want to impress me?

Not really. Not why I play.

Want to impress me? Quit talking trash in the forums and do something about it in the MA. We're not hard to find.

Btw, what's your in-game ID?

I like it when the vGuys attack one of our bases, it means that I have a plethora of easy kills waiting for me on a silver platter to enjoy at my leisure.

Funny, then, that members of our squad have killed you four times this tour in fighters and you've killed one of us once (plus one goon).

I guess you go right to the head of the list (just above Tralfazz) of forum blowhards who lack the skill to back their bragging about "easy vGuy kills". It's a lot easier to be a Big Man in the forum than in the arena, isn't it?   :aok

I don't like AKAK much, but I at least respect the fact that he, bunnies, and a few others actually have the guts and skill to back up some of their trash talk here.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2011, 06:15:11 PM »
And just who exactly from the Devil's Brigade has posted in this thread bragging about anything?

All I see are some posts on JUGgler's topic - whether base takes have become too easy and why people don't stop them - plus more of the same old whining, moaning, and braying by the same old crybabies with their crusty little knickers in the same old perpetual twist over our squad.

I guess we must be doing something right, anyway, to have such a fine collection of whiny little brats  :cry   :cry   :cry   nonstop.  :rofl  :rock

Reading this BS is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite hobby after playing AH. Check that - 3rd favorite, after checking the stats of the same blowhards and seeing how badly they actually do clubbing us "baby seals" in the MA. See below.

Not really. Not why I play.

Want to impress me? Quit talking trash in the forums and do something about it in the MA. We're not hard to find.

Btw, what's your in-game ID?

Funny, then, that members of our squad have killed you four times this tour in fighters and you've killed one of us once (plus one goon).

I guess you go right to the head of the list (just above Tralfazz) of forum blowhards who lack the skill to back their bragging about "easy vGuy kills". It's a lot easier to be a Big Man in the forum than in the arena, isn't it?   :aok

I don't like AKAK much, but I at least respect the fact that he, bunnies, and a few others actually have the guts and skill to back up some of their trash talk here.

I think you guys are doing fine, I would like a few more minutes warning is all  :devil  BTW tell Vjuggler he needs JUG help  :aok I would be more than happy to work with him  :salute

I love scanning the clipboard to find a huge ol red blob hding to a base!! :banana: I just hate it when the hangars are down when I get there  :furious

I bail many a time to up against the GAGGLIOTH only to find the hangars down, and that makes JUGgler less jovial  :(

JUGgler
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:21:57 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets