Author Topic: "horde" moratorium  (Read 2747 times)

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
Re: "horde" moratorium
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »

Wanna bet?  :devil  6 months, maybe a year and people won't even remember your squads name. Heck once Little league starts your going to lose half your squad !

But if get your post count over 6,000 (mostly whining about people who don't play the game your way) YOU WILL BE IMMORTAL!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

:cheers:
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2011, 11:10:06 AM »
I'm beginning to think that the folks who complain the most about the "hordes" are either too inept to fight them, want everyone to fight where they will get an easy kill
Personally the one thing I dislike about hordes is the hordling attitude.. where if you catch one or two of em on their own, they won't even try to fight you but just run straight back to their swarm.

They are playing a multiplayer game to run away from other players.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline climber

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2011, 12:01:43 PM »
This is great....if we were going to war. We are playing a game here. Hordes are bad. If a new player logs on every night for a week and ups where there is a dar bar ( because he's looking for action) he goes head to head with a horde. All this does is get him killed over and over with very few kills, and he logs off in frustration. After that first month if he hasn't learned how to find a fight some other way he is most likely either going to join a horde of his own, or end his subscription. So a small percentage find other fights, a larger percentage add to the hordes, and a percentage quit. 2 out of three of those choices are not good for game play.

Wanna bet?  :devil  6 months, maybe a year and people won't even remember your squads name. Heck once Little league starts your going to lose half your squad !

<S> Fugitive
Nothing personal but I must beg to differ here.  What does it say on your screen when your country all of the sudden has 90% of its bases and 20% of the other 2 countries bases?   "Your country has won the war".  Why would this be written into the vast code that is AH?  Yes it's not real war with real death and yellow ribbons and all that, i'm based enough in reality to understand the difference between cartoon and real life.  But it seems that HTC created the dynamic arenas that are the Early "War", Mid-"War", and Late "War" for a reason.  The Dueling Arena is there for a reason as well.  It just doesn't get used to the extent as I feel as it should (these are my personal feelings and I'm not trying to impose them on others).  Until that time we in the MA will have to listen to the cries of the individuals who refuse to go to the arena that was made for them. 

After reading my post last night I realized that I had inadvertantly omitted the name of that Pithy acronym.  MOSSMOUSE is called the "9 Principles of War" and is a great base line for determining chances of winning a battle.  You will never have all 9 principles and some may be more powerful than others but the more of these you have on your side the better your chances.

Also, as to the claims that the mega-"horders" will shrivel up and die I have to somewhat disagree.  True if all that you do is play as a small cog in the massive attack time after time you may get burned out especially if your attack fails to accomplish its mission once or twice.  But the mission based massive attack has a much better chance of holding players attention with various aircraft sets, mission roles, and base types than a simple gameplay of "upping fighter, fly to 5k, engage, die, repeat".  My squad has been around for quite some time.  We look for individuals that want to learn all of the game and take advantage of what it has to offer.  We have pilots that have stood the test of time and remember the "good ole days" and teach new players how to take bases, defend, fly quality ACM and tell great stories while doing it.  Sounds like a good future for AH to me...

-Climber
77th FS "Gamblers"
trying to avoid replying in the BBS
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2011, 12:18:13 PM »
I could just as easily say "You have won the GAME".

Yes overwhelming numbers is great in war, but this is a game. If you WIN all the fights why play? Wouldn't it be a bit boring to ALWAYS have the upper hand? To ALWAYS roll over a base. And how does the players on the other side .... who are here by choice to "play" not fight for a belief or their life.... justify fighting against the same frustrating horde. Why pay for frustration when they thought they were paying for fun?

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2011, 12:34:59 PM »
But if get your post count over 6,000 (mostly whining about people who don't play the game your way) YOU WILL BE IMMORTAL!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

it's true tho.. rolling thunder used to be the horde squad.. what happened?

horde squads don't last.  people get bored with it.. taking bases is easy with a horde. not fun after awhile.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »
checks post count....   :bhead

must....  :noid
post....  :banana:
more....  :bolt:

:old:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2011, 12:41:55 PM »
I seek out, encourage, study, and embrace the horde. I then selfessly give it "jet therapy"

I am so giving! :aok

I  :salute the rejects without them the game would be less fun for some of us  :t

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »
and yes. what i just wrote actually is informative for once :bolt:

i usually keep my thoughts on this chess game to myself but sometimes i let some of it out because what i wrote is no where near half of what i think of while reading that damn map and the enemy's movements... :lol

Edit: remind me to type faster :rofl

all your writing in that other post hurt my brain. you never type that much...

(PS-write faster)

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »
it's true tho.. rolling thunder used to be the horde squad.. what happened..

I'm hurt...we where once considered a horde squad :cry (end sarcasm) Yes it's true we used to take a lot of bases, some squads change the way they operate in the MA some don't....eh...big deal...The one thing that remains the same are the whines about the way squads operate, wether it's hording, ganging, tool shedding, etc.
My objective in this game has never nor will it ever change...to have fun. If that ever does change, I will know it's time to leave...

horde squads don't last.  people get bored with it.. taking bases is easy with a horde. not fun after awhile.

To bad the same cannot be said of complaining.....
checks post count....   :bhead

must....  :noid
post....  :banana:
more....  :bolt:

:old:

That's the spirit... :rofl

THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
 :rofl

i just gotta laugh at the v guys...the other day I came in at ALT and saw 4 nme cons on one friendly, by time I got there the friendly was dead, so here it is me against 4.....I figure "good fight"   I had a 1500 alt advantage was the ONLY green guy around.....wanna guess what the FOUR nme cons do?...................nose down and run away.......straight up I was flabbergasted....how sad is that....in a PvP combat game 4 nme cons run from one.

I have Zero respect for these guys...I don't care how you try to twist it around "oh we are using "tactics"  or what ever excuse you can come up with

"mossmouse"   :rofl :rofl   

LAME is the only word that describes your game play

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2011, 03:22:32 PM »
My objective in this game has never nor will it ever change...to have fun.

agreed!  :aok
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2011, 04:19:49 PM »
THUNDER MOB

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2011, 07:31:36 PM »
all your writing in that other post hurt my brain. you never type that much...

(PS-write faster)
what i wrote in the long post is only part of what goes through my mind everytime i'm on this game :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2011, 06:49:04 PM »
:rofl

i just gotta laugh at the v guys...the other day I came in at ALT and saw 4 nme cons on one friendly, by time I got there the friendly was dead, so here it is me against 4.....I figure "good fight"   I had a 1500 alt advantage was the ONLY green guy around.....wanna guess what the FOUR nme cons do?...................nose down and run away.......straight up I was flabbergasted....how sad is that....in a PvP combat game 4 nme cons run from one.

I have Zero respect for these guys...I don't care how you try to twist it around "oh we are using "tactics"  or what ever excuse you can come up with

"mossmouse"   :rofl :rofl   

LAME is the only word that describes your game play

Oh to be on their range vox at that time...  Priceless wouldn't even begin to describe it.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2011, 07:17:11 PM »
 :uhoh  I could have sworn this thread was dead..............   :huh

:lol
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.