Author Topic: Met A Fellow The Other Night  (Read 6856 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Met A Fellow The Other Night
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2011, 05:36:04 PM »
...stuff...
At least, that's my pet theory.

Thinking back to my earliest online experiences, that's a pretty plausible theory.  They're still jackwagons, but it's a plausible theory.

Computers and video games have gotten popular, our hobby is no longer niche or special.  LWI.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2011, 09:28:04 PM »
The point of this is, I was appalled that veteran players would jerk around a new guy like that (there was other inaccurate "advice" as well).  And this guy was NOT a kid.  In fact, he was older than most of us and very interested in learning the new game he'd just found.  Frankly, even though they were Knits, I'm was a bit ashamed of for the community as a whole.  This is not what we need to keep the game alive and fun.

Hmm   the "cesspool" manifests itself. And oh how well the split arenas has cured it for us.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2011, 12:34:10 AM »
Hmm   the "cesspool" manifests itself. And oh how well the split arenas has cured it for us.

actually you can have a "cesspool" with only 2 people.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
actually you can have a "cesspool" with only 2 people.

semp

I agree completely!
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod