Author Topic: Updated Ride for drunks to jump out of  (Read 2572 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Updated Ride for drunks to jump out of
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2011, 06:40:03 PM »
Just an FYI, the only aircraft in game that fires a 37mm AP round is the IL-2.  All the others are firing HE.  I'm not sure whether they swapped them out IRL, but that's what we get. 

There was a big thread on this in the Aircraft and Vehicles forum a while back.

Sweet Goon.

I know, I jumped the gun with the terminology I used, my bad.  The ironic thing is that it wasn't but just a few days ago I was verifying damages on a whole bag a weapons and tested the 37mm.  I still find it odd that the HE from the P39x and Yak-9T do the exact same damage vs an OBJ as the AP from the Il-2 and AP from the M8.  I would hope that HTC would review the 37mm damage values real soon just as they did the British 3in/60lb rockets, the German 28cm Wurfkörper rockets, and the US 4.5in rockets.  The damage value for the 37mm just does not seem linear at all, ESPECIALLY since the Il-2 and the Yak-9T are armed with the exact same cannon but yet firing completely different rounds.  All 4 of the 37mm should in theory have different damage values, just look at what HTC did with the 20mm aircraft cannons.  The small minuscule differences were accurately modeled. 

37mm vs OBJ:
P39x: HE/17.1
Yak9T: HE/17.1
Il-2: AP/17.1
M8: AP/17.1 and HE/31

SORRY FOR THE 2nd HIJACK!   :frown:
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: Updated Ride for drunks to jump out of
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2011, 08:14:49 PM »
So the engine housings are round and not hexagonal?
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.