Author Topic: no 2011 gathering for me...  (Read 1667 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
no 2011 gathering for me...
« on: April 12, 2011, 01:21:10 PM »
as many of yall know, my dad passed away feb. 9th. because of this and other things that i am dealing with in my real life, i will not be organizing any gatherings for this summer. i have to put my real life first and take care of things before i can do any "play" time. i have been spending almost every free moment i have with my mom cuz she needs me more than ever. i wish things were different but i am sorry to say...no summer gathering for me. i heard talk that shawk was putting something together but at this point i have no idea what he has planned if anything at all. talk to him and im sure he will be happy to fill you in with any plans or whatever that he may have.

thank you all for making the gathering what it has become..SGY started the gathering in 2006 and it has grown to be the greatest time of the summer for many of us for the past 5 years. i will miss planning and meeting everyone this year along with hanging out with others i have met in person the past 5 years. never would i have thought that a game would ever turn out to be so special to me. SGY you rawk! it sux that things are rough for many of us right now and we will catch up again some day! ty SGY for starting this and ty all who made it what it had become!  :rock :rock :rock :salute
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
Re: no 2011 gathering for me...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 01:30:53 PM »
Had no clue  :pray betty take care of whats important   :salute :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 01:49:47 PM »
do what you have to betty...the fun stuff will still be around when you're ready to get back into it.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 01:53:36 PM »
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

Take care Betty, and hold my spot on the lake for next year!
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 01:59:29 PM »
Betty real life always comes first. Hope you and your Mom can weather the storm and come out on top. Our prayers are with you both.

Come back when you can.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 02:31:14 PM »
:salute

Was a fun, wild and crazy five years and there are so many people to thank along the five years that I just want to say if you were a part of it in any way "thanks" because of your part I had a great time!!

We have met soooooo many players in the last five years of the midwest get togethers with some very memorable moments ... some moments I think I want to forget but, are burnt into my brain!!  :t

My first get together was about ten players and year 2 through 5 Betty and I got our numbers up to the 80's ... WOW still hard to believe but, AWESOME!!

The last few years accumulated more and more contributors from food to car pools and everything in between that needs credit because without we just could not have done it as well!

Year one I would like to point out:
SHawk bringing his jet skis for all of us to share
Gat76 flying in from New York
badger8 painted a restaurant for our catering in addition to helping me with some updates at the old house (with Beeker's supervision  :rofl)
Betty drove in from Michigan
and *** everyone keeping things clean and just having a great time!!

Year two through five I would like to point out:
Betty taking on half of the hosting responsibilities and I had so much fun putting the last four years together with her!
SHawk and his wife for hosting our get togethers at his house years 2 & 3 and finding our great campsite for years 4 & 5

From here responsibilities spread out and so many players and their families added roles to help us it would be ashame not to name them all but, literally impossible so I will ask you guys ...

What was memorable for you and/or who was a great help???

Post here:

Michelle

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 02:41:17 PM »
Betty real life always comes first. Hope you and your Mom can weather the storm and come out on top. Our prayers are with you both.

Come back when you can.

Exactly What Shuff said!  We will keep you and yours in our prayers!

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »
Hey chick! Thanks for thanking me and thank you!! We did have some great times!!  Just going over the pics and threads make me LOL!!

AHAHAHAH nothing will be funnier then BEEKER and the dam guy doesn't even play aces anymore ... LMAO! He has no clue the effect he had on year one ... DAM STRAWBERRY!

From our first in 2006 ...

From our last in 2011 ...

Here are some oldies but, goodies ...

2010 http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,286007.0.html

2009 http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,258553.0.html

2008 http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,234329.0.html

2007 http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,211610.0.html

My First Get Together http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,174119.0.html
                              http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,173632.0.html

I know there are more threads out there feel free to add to the list.
Betty and I have pictures on our myspace and facebook too!!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:14:59 PM by shegotya »

Offline Nightmare

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 03:28:31 PM »
In 2007 SHawk got posters we passed around to sign. Here is mine & sgy's ...

:salute Great times!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 03:41:33 PM »
Maybe some of us can throw something together for this year.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 03:42:54 PM »
Thoughts & prayers Betty   :pray   

I hope for better days ahead for you and your mom.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 03:55:37 PM »
Maybe some of us can throw something together for this year.

If it is in Dayton again, I don't know if I can make it.

I will be re mortgaging my house to pay for gas to see a certain Recruit graduate from Parris Island  :rock
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 06:14:18 PM »
But Betty he is going to consume all of the tube steak?
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 10:35:51 PM »
Betty,
My condolences on losing you dad. Mine left us Christmas of 1990.
You decision to spend LOTS of time with your mom is a darn good one. That is where I am today. My mom passed Monday, and the burial will be Friday.
 Give your mom too many hugs...one day you will wish you had done more.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 11:38:33 AM »
Betty,
My condolences on losing you dad. Mine left us Christmas of 1990.
You decision to spend LOTS of time with your mom is a darn good one. That is where I am today. My mom passed Monday, and the burial will be Friday.
 Give your mom too many hugs...one day you will wish you had done more.

sorry to hear about you mom hb..thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

sgy...i love your post! i know for me i have to say a BIG thank you to chef and havoc for all their help they had put into the gatherings the past 2 years! yall rawk chef and havoc!! chef was always great for making some awesome steaks and stuff and havoc was great for bringing enough beer and stuff  to keep everyone drunk! i can not say ty enough for everything you  both done to help us make the gathering awesome! a big thank you goes out to shawk and wifey robin for their hosting of a couple gatherings and opening their home up to us...

i know there are more that i want to thank...but the BIGGEST thing i can think of for a thank you would go out to everyone for the 2010 gathering that brought or bought food to share with everyone...i think we could have stayed at the campground for 2 weeks and still had plenty of food! it surely saved money for everyone instead of ordering wings and it also made enough so that EVERYONE got to eat plenty of food! thank you once again for everyone doing that!!!

i dont know if i can remember everything else i wanted to say....im sure at some point it will come to me but right now i guess that is it...i may be on to fly tonight, my mom is spending time with my older bro so i know she wont be by herself so i will be home to fly i think...see yall in the virtual skies!!  :salute
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!