Author Topic: 109 on CV's  (Read 1163 times)

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
109 on CV's
« on: April 18, 2011, 07:47:37 PM »
I was in Axis & Allies today, we have 109f enabled on CVs   :O   This would be a great idea for MA's, the Luft guys get a german ride that performs pretty close to a 109T, and would be more inclined to join in on the CV battles.
Also it's pretty evenly matched for the Seafire, (except the seafire has almost none of its bad flip over & spin stall quirks modeled), so the allied guys prolly wont care too much either way.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:57:55 PM by STEELE »
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: 109 on CV's
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:04:20 PM »
I was in Axis & Allies today, we have 109f enabled on CVs   :O   This would be a great idea for MA's, the Luft guys get a german ride that performs pretty close to a 109T, and would be more inclined to join in on the CV battles.
Also it's pretty evenly matched for the Seafire, (except the seafire has almost none of its bad flip over & spin stall quirks modeled), so the allied guys prolly wont care too much either way.
but thats like when we used to have the 109k4 as the G10 just for the 20mm cannon...
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:22:51 PM »
No, the Bf109 never operated off of a CV.  Grab an A6M if you're locked into Axis rides.

What flip and stall quirks?  I've read a lot about Spits and never read that.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 08:39:17 PM »
No, the Bf109 never operated off of a CV.  Grab an A6M if you're locked into Axis rides.

What flip and stall quirks?  I've read a lot about Spits and never read that.

Hes saying the 109's flip and stall quirks.  I don't think there is much substance to that either but more so than a spit perhaps.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 09:33:33 PM »
what flip and stall quirks? That's not stalling, thats falling with style.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 10:30:48 PM »
No, the Bf109 never operated off of a CV....

Well if we are going that route, then we should say, the rooks can't have CVs, because the Germans didn't ever complete any. Oh, and the bish always capitulate halfway through the war and hang their leader on a rope (like Mussolini) and thus you can't fly italian planes once some bases get taken.

the 109T never was in production because there never were any CVs. That being said, the american rides dominate the choices from a CV in AH as we don't have many of the Japanese planes (compared to German/American/British), so a 109 would be a nice temporary stop gap until HTC is able to fill out the Japanese plane set more completely.

FYI, we have German planes that were produced in numbers in the low hundreds, yet we are missing Japanese planes that had production numbers well into the thousands.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 10:41:04 PM »
     If you are going to go with a 109T, you better use the Emil, not the Franz.

http://www.worldwartwobooks.com/product.php/4544/messerschmitt-bf-109-t-luftwaffe-s-naval-fighter
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 10:56:58 PM »
I thought Germany hard cargo ships converted to aircraft carriers which they operated 109Ts off?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 11:03:28 PM »
I thought Germany hard cargo ships converted to aircraft carriers which they operated 109Ts off?
That would be news to me.  All I have ever seen is stuff about Bf109Ts operating off of land bases.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 11:24:57 PM »

British. Hurricanes.

Cam Ships.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR8g4Xructs&NR=1

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 11:36:33 PM »
British. Hurricanes.

Cam Ships.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR8g4Xructs&NR=1

wrongway

I meant taking a cargo ship and converting it into an aircraft carrier. You would have to remove all the cargo and build a flight deck on it.
Unfortunately I could not find a good picture.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 12:05:59 AM »
I meant taking a cargo ship and converting it into an aircraft carrier. You would have to remove all the cargo and build a flight deck on it.
Unfortunately I could not find a good picture.
I am really very skeptical.  To the best of my knowledge the only CV the Germans had was the Graf Zepplin and it never moved under its own power, nor was it ever capable of receiving or launching an aircraft.

The Americans, British and Japanese spent decades each to create effective carrier operations doctrines and I doubt the Germans managed to duplicate that off of some converted freighters during the war.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 01:30:08 AM »
I flew one today when I picked the A vs A arena for a duel.

I never saw him show up but I had to wait for 5 minutes to download the terrain so....

The 109T did fly plenty more missions than more than a few planes that are already here even though it flew from land bases.

A lot of the guys on this thread are never seen in the A VS A arena anyway.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 07:54:31 AM »
     If you want to limit the thread to AvA participants, try putting it in the right forum maybe?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 11:31:06 AM »
My meaning is that the guys I mentioned will never have to deal with a 109 upping a cv because they aren't flying in the arena.