Author Topic: 2nd P47 video...  (Read 1625 times)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
Re: 2nd P47 video...
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 01:54:29 PM »
Hey great men,

Why don't You give detailed instructions to do that?

A simple order list pls

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline TwoStep

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 03:22:27 PM »
Hey great men,

Why don't You give detailed instructions to do that?

A simple order list pls

step 1- stall the Thunderbolt.

step 2- stall it some more. 

step 3- little bit more stalling. 

step 4- mash bottom rudder/roll, use throttle to have your prop help.

step 5- fall

step 6- regain control.

step 7- GOTO step 1.

In all seriousness- the general principle isn't very hard to accomplish.  It takes a lot of practice to stall a thunderbolt out, and at the very edge induce a yaw effect which is continued by feeding it elevator, and roll being handled by throttle gyrations for a snap shot though.

Best thing to do is hop off line, and try these reversals on the drones.  Eventually, you will get to a point where you can control the plane in a post-stall behavior. 

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 03:48:54 PM »
Okay, as a JUG enthusiast, I am begging for a Training Arena session for this type of thing.  I appreciate what 2step did here, with the text steps.  You got me  :headscratch: with the mash rudder/ roll though.  That sort of thing is much better shown in a training session, and film.....

:joystick:  :airplane:  :old:
I am pretty sure this is not the correct way to do it but what I have come up with so far (trial and error):

Extend flaps point nose vertical and hold vert position through stall (some forward joystick and right rudder required for me - wep on I believe).  On the edge of the stall snap, I push forward and force the right wing down (joystick forward and to the right) with the rudder positioned full right (I believe). 

^^^
This is what I need in terms of detail, and loads of practice.  Someone please correct me on what I am doing above.  I will try and do an ahf film and camera shot of what I am talking about.

Lepape2, you sir have given me a whole new frame of mind in terms of what I pay $15 bucks for.   :salute

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 03:54:02 PM »
I wanted to see how the fight against the Hog turned out  :cry
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline TwoStep

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
Extend flaps point nose vertical and hold vert position through stall (some forward joystick and right rudder required for me - wep on I believe).  On the edge of the stall snap, I push forward and force the right wing down (joystick forward and to the right) with the rudder positioned full right (I believe). 

Note first that these moves are for the fight that's gone on too long.  These aren't primary attack profiles of the Jug, but rather little "aces up the sleeve" in case you've been suckered into an angles fight with a better turning opponent.

In the process of a normal angles fight, you're fighting to get behind the opponent's 3-9 line, and your flaps have come out as a means to an end.

Now we've reached desperation time, and you've *got* to get a shot, or you're just gonna be somebody's lunch.

Killing any and all forward velocity by going straight up, you (with your flaps either half or full out) roll first to put the direction you wanna fall on that side's wingtip.

Typically, you want to put the wingtip a fair bit behind the opponent.   Enemy passing you, you put the bottom wingtip behind him, and push rudder to that direction.  Adjust throttle- if you're fighting torque, kill the power.  If you're going pro-torque, firewall it.

Eventually, gravity is gonna win, and your nose is gonna slip below the horizon- here's where you apply your elevator and roll inputs to feed the gravity monster a 7 ton treat and let gravity itself pull you towards your opponent, rather than trying to fly that circle. 

If you are wings perpendicular to the horizon, once your nose goes down, you can pivot the plane around it's axis by giving it some elevator, and once you get the angle you're looking for (lift vector right where you want it), simply increase the force and let gravity do the work.

Remember that once you're going downhill- tuck in your flaps and unload your a/c- maximum speed gained for every foot lost. 

It doesn't take a terrible amount of airspeed to throw the thunderbolt around in a tumble- keep in mind what the airflow is doing on each independent surface. 

Hope this all makes sense. 

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 07:44:38 PM »
This should take care of the many questions...
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 10:52:25 PM »
I'll get this one day :P
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 12:58:59 AM »
This should take care of the many questions...
(Image removed from quote.)

Will have to try this.  So this will work in the D-25?  Also, how well can you do in a you vs 2 or more with these moves?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 06:39:34 AM »
Will have to try this.  So this will work in the D-25?  Also, how well can you do in a you vs 2 or more with these moves?
i was in a 51 with a KI84, brewster, and niki on my six one day on the deck. lets just say the 84 didnt make it home and the niki got away cuz i had no ammo...  :t
then damn madda comes in, rolling scissors in his evil K4 and gets me :rofl

also oak, his instructions plus rudder can create a whole new list of moves. just practice different combos and you'll find some evil stuff :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 09:30:46 AM »
Lepape2,

I appreciated the afford but why, why this hieroglyphic ?

What the rounded arrow is?

Rudder or roll?

mobilis in mobile

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 10:05:43 AM »
lulu,

Did you ever consider it might be that thing  :joystick: most of us use to control our cartoon  :airplane: ?   :neener:

I had to take a second look, but maybe it's because I am from the Atari generation, and that is what joysticks used to look like, I got it right away. 

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 12:14:25 PM »
Lulu it looks like it's the (twist) rudder direction.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 03:28:43 PM »
i was in a 51 with a KI84, brewster, and niki on my six one day on the deck. lets just say the 84 didnt make it home and the niki got away cuz i had no ammo...  :t
then damn madda comes in, rolling scissors in his evil K4 and gets me :rofl

also oak, his instructions plus rudder can create a whole new list of moves. just practice different combos and you'll find some evil stuff :aok

I have been researching some ACM in the D-25 long before Lepapa showed these video.  I just could not get the moves right.  Now that Lepapa shared on it, i think i know what i am doing wrong. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 04:08:46 PM »
TY FLS,

But I'm waiting for Lepape2 answer.

In the middle 1. --> 1.2 ---> 2, etc

Why 1.2?

mobilis in mobile

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 04:19:59 PM »
TY FLS,

But I'm waiting for Lepape2 answer.

In the middle 1. --> 1.2 ---> 2, etc

Why 1.2?

1.2 is an optional way to aquire more momentum for the main stall manoeuver.

EDIT: The transition from 1.2 to 2 is a bit more complicated than that... meaning that you push right rudder about half a second before pushing left ailerons and pull up as fast as you can.

EDIT2: If you guys keep up like this I'll be forced to make a gif animation with a parallel AH video  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:25:45 PM by Lepape2 »
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail