Author Topic: AH should consider going back to old version  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Voodoo38

• Zinc Member
Re: AH should consider going back to old version
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 11:10:36 AM »
 :old:  Ive always heard the term~ If it aint broke dont fix it or dont reinvent the wheel if it rolls and its round.  I havent came back to the game yet so I dont know how bad the change is.  Guess i'll see if I can adapt to it.  When I left 6 months ago all was working great so i'm not sure why all the change and whooplaa !
"Your'e Only As Good As The Guys You Fly With".  I fly with "The Wings of Terror" which are the best !

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 11:12:03 AM »
I was complaining on VOX about this pathetic GV system and got muted for 60 min. A more reason as to why I am out of here in 2 weeks .
This change is enough to piss a lot of people off and I can tell you a lot are leaving .
Screw you HTC
cussing on vox like a 10 year old with no discipline should have gotten you booted...the new gv system is only pathetic in your view because you don't have the mental fortitude to figure it out...i hope there isn't someone that looks at you as a role model because you're severly lacking in that capacity.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2011, 11:33:35 AM »
 :old:  It has been my experience, in the 10 years or so I have been playing, that with every change there is a small group who whine about the change and threaten to quit.  I may have been one of those people at one time or another myself.  The fact of the matter is that change is constant. (We would never have won the Second World War if not for change).  Change is good.  It levels the playing field for a while.  The good players will always overcome a challenge and rise to the top.  This change to the way you employ your GV is not going to cause the mass exodus that the nay sayers envision...it never has, it never will.  HiTech is doing the right thing in order to keep up with changes in the gaming world, and thus preventing the game from becoming stale and boring.  I can remember several changes that caused outcry's such as this.  Several have been rescinded, such as the expanded Radar and the linked bases.  Some have stayed and have been forgotten, such as when HiTech made the trees varying heights to improve terrain scenery.
I Have also heard the whine that HTC doesn't care about the players.  Wow...HTC gives you almost everything you want, when you want it.  The B-29 is a great example of that.  It is amazing to me that some people can even say that.
The game is fine, and obviously doing well enough to be able to keep the trusted staff employed and making the changes that are needed to keep OUR game viable and on-line for hopefully years to come.  I guess if you are unable to keep up with the changes, (and I do have good friends on here who want to leave as well),  then I guess  you should find a game more to your liking.  I hear World of Warcraft is looking for a few good Faeries.  That's my Two cents.
Tee

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 11:41:34 AM »
I was complaining on VOX about this pathetic GV system and got muted for 60 min. A more reason as to why I am out of here in 2 weeks .
This change is enough to piss a lot of people off and I can tell you a lot are leaving .
Screw you HTC

I had the pleasure of enduring your childish rant. 60 minutes sounds like a gift...it was for the rest of us.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
:old:  Ive always heard the term~ If it aint broke dont fix it or dont reinvent the wheel if it rolls and its round.  I havent came back to the game yet so I dont know how bad the change is.  Guess i'll see if I can adapt to it.  When I left 6 months ago all was working great so i'm not sure why all the change and whooplaa !

Land line phones-->don't need cell phones
Broadcast T.V.-->don't need cable
Train across America in three days-->who needs airlines?

The new gv controls actually let you do some things you couldn't do before. Drive, start, stop, and gun at the same time. Pivot on tanks that could pivot.

The "problem" is not that it is worse. It is different. Plain and simple.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 12:00:31 PM »
That may be great for GVers, but the same thing happens for us flyboys. We get on the runway and while takin off our head position goes crazy. Kind of aggrivating.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 12:41:52 PM »
This seems to happen every time a big release comes out.  I remember everyone whining about the new graphics and their fps problems when that was first released. When the new towns were released, everyone hated it at first.

Whenever big changes to the gameplay are released, expect more than a few bugs at first. They will work out the kinks eventually
 :salute
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 01:02:44 PM »
Screw you HTC
Please stud... Give us a list of all these people that are leaving... :cry I want to see this list! Here is Ur direct quote:

"This change is enough to piss a lot of people off and I can tell you a lot are leaving ."    HE HE I want to see this list  :neener:

:bolt:
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2011, 01:20:27 PM »
<S> HTC thanks for the updates.
A rolling stone gathers no moss but may smash a few cry flys  :airplane:

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 02:05:20 PM »
That may be great for GVers, but the same thing happens for us flyboys. We get on the runway and while takin off our head position goes crazy. Kind of aggrivating.

turn it off.. options / preferences / view options and uncheck "start in mouse look"
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 02:25:44 PM »
I can tell you a lot are leaving .

Can you tell us how many are leaving?  Since you seem to have these numbers handy, it should be no problem for you to provide the exact numbers of those wusses that got upset by this update and quit.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »
Can you tell us how many are leaving?  Since you seem to have these numbers handy, it should be no problem for you to provide the exact numbers of those wusses that got upset by this update and quit.

ack-ack

Apparently one. But quite frankly, I wouldn't even bet on that.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 07:39:52 PM »
AH should consider going back to old version until all these problems are worked out. Maybe put out a beta test version like they did with the terrain change.

I guess I need to clarify my statement. Was talking about the games crashes, losing stick settings and video settings/field of view.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2011, 08:12:44 PM »

I guess I need to clarify my statement. Was talking about the games crashes, losing stick settings and video settings/field of view.

The thing is, that for hundreds of people playing the game there aren't any problems. There seems to be a small select group that have issues. So rolling back isn't a good option for "most" of the people.

My suggestion would be to start a new thread in the Technical help section ( call it by what happens to you, ex. game crashes on entering arena" this way other with the same problem may post) and list your system specs (Dxdiag) as well as your in game settings (textures shadows on or off and such), and list how many processes you have running. Along with that list exactly the issues you are having, the more detailed the better ( I click such and such and then a window says this, then it crashes, at which point I must do such and such to restart).

With a better pile of info as well as those other that may be having the same problems posting a solution to your issues may come about quicker.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 08:14:21 PM »
The thing is, that for hundreds of people playing the game there aren't any problems. There seems to be a small select group that have issues. So rolling back isn't a good option for "most" of the people.

My suggestion would be to start a new thread in the Technical help section ( call it by what happens to you, ex. game crashes on entering arena" this way other with the same problem may post) and list your system specs (Dxdiag) as well as your in game settings (textures shadows on or off and such), and list how many processes you have running. Along with that list exactly the issues you are having, the more detailed the better ( I click such and such and then a window says this, then it crashes, at which point I must do such and such to restart).

With a better pile of info as well as those other that may be having the same problems posting a solution to your issues may come about quicker.

Nah.....it's easier to grasp the audience with a whine.    :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC