Author Topic: FUEL DUMP  (Read 1463 times)

Offline sony16

• Zinc Member
FUEL DUMP
« on: May 02, 2011, 11:30:26 PM »
 :airplane:I THINK ITS VERY IMPORTANT FOR THEIR TO BE A FUEL DUMP IN THE GAME EXAMPLE WHEN YOUR A 100% FUEL AND YOU INCOUNTER SOME FIGHTERS YOUR NOT GONNA NEED ALL THAT FUEL PLUS HAVING ALOT OF WHEIGHT CAN CAUSE PERFORMANCE ISSUES IT MAKE THE GAME BETTER THAM WHAT IT ALREADY IS.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
Re: FUEL DUMP
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:31:42 PM »
:airplane:I THINK ITS VERY IMPORTANT FOR THEIR TO BE A FUEL DUMP IN THE GAME EXAMPLE WHEN YOUR A 100% FUEL AND YOU INCOUNTER SOME FIGHTERS YOUR NOT GONNA NEED ALL THAT FUEL PLUS HAVING ALOT OF WHEIGHT CAN CAUSE PERFORMANCE ISSUES IT MAKE THE GAME BETTER THAM WHAT IT ALREADY IS.

Caps...  :confused:

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 11:38:08 PM »

THAM WHAT
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:39:38 PM »

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 12:24:04 AM »

You do realize that most WWII aircraft were not capable of that.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 12:26:05 AM »
You do realize that most WWII aircraft were not capable of that.
And, so far as I know, none of those were fighters.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 12:34:42 AM »
And, so far as I know, none of those were fighters.

That too.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 12:48:53 AM »

HELLO NICE TO MEET YOU TOO!

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 01:01:48 AM »
here's some advise given to me by a wise man.

option 1:  up with the fuel you feel comfortable fighting with.  and bring external tanks to get to the fight.  before you engage drop them.
option 2:  get close to a red con and have them ping you just a little so they can put holes into the fuel tank.  it requires some skill for this maneuver, but you will lose fuel in a few minutes to the level you feel comfortable.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 01:16:35 AM »
did any prop planes in WW2 have a fuel dump feature?   i've been doing a little offhand digging the last 15 mins or so, and haven't come up with much.   as far as i know, the f9f (please don't quote me, i'm taking a stab here) was one of the first aircraft to incorporate this, but that was a jet and doesn't answer my question....  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:15:50 AM by IrishOne »
-AoM-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 01:52:06 AM »
did any prop planes in WW2 have a fuel dump feature?   i've been doing a little ofhand digging the last 15 mins or so, and haven't come up with much.   as far as i know, the f9f (please don't quote me, i'm taking a stab here) was one of the first aircraft to incorporate this, but that was a jet and doesn't answer my question.... 
I seem to recall somebody posting that one of the four engined WWII bombers could do it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 06:22:01 AM »
here's some advise given to me by a wise man.

option 1:  up with the fuel you feel comfortable fighting with.  and bring external tanks to get to the fight.  before you engage drop them.
option 2:  get close to a red con and have them ping you just a little so they can put holes into the fuel tank.  it requires some skill for this maneuver, but you will lose fuel in a few minutes to the level you feel comfortable.

semp
to option 1: be realistic and up with 100% :aok

option 2: that's just insane... i'd rather just HO the dweeb who's shooting me and see if i can win :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 07:36:44 AM »
I'D LIKE A FUEL DUMP PLACED FORWARD OF A FUEL-FIRED ONBOARD HEATER AIR INTAKE. THAT WAY I CAN EMBARASS MYSELF BY DUMPING FUEL INTO MY OWN HEATER INTAKE. THE RESULTANT FIRE SHOULD TAKE ME DOWN EVEN MORE QUICKLY THAN SPOUTING SOMETHING REALLY SILLY IN FRONT OF A BUNCH OF WAITING CRITICS.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 07:45:49 AM »
No to fuel dump.  We already have too much game the game stuff going on.  Besides, dumping a bunch of fuel isnt going to help the heavy bomber evade well enough to survive any better.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 07:52:41 AM »
I'D LIKE A FUEL DUMP PLACED FORWARD OF A FUEL-FIRED ONBOARD HEATER AIR INTAKE. THAT WAY I CAN EMBARASS MYSELF BY DUMPING FUEL INTO MY OWN HEATER INTAKE. THE RESULTANT FIRE SHOULD TAKE ME DOWN EVEN MORE QUICKLY THAN SPOUTING SOMETHING REALLY SILLY IN FRONT OF A BUNCH OF WAITING CRITICS.

:aok :rofl
now posting as SirNuke