Author Topic: True Colours?  (Read 4676 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: True Colours?
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 09:16:25 PM »
I thought this was about the Cyndi Lauper song.... :D

Phil Collins did it better.   :D
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 09:21:40 PM »
i'm kinda surprised that no one has mentioned that there's no "u" in color.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 09:27:59 PM »
^

shhhh the limeys are arguing
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 09:43:07 PM »
you've been pretty bothered so far.  

stating you don't care one second then replying the next.     We are still very much on topic.

"Why is it that so many good, friendly, fun-fight kind of guys join a certain type of group and instantly turn into arrogant and abrasive egotists?"

This is the opening sentence from your OP.   How about you look in the mirror every now and again or don't throw stones from a glass house?.   I'm done trying to reason with you.   You've shown your true colours and you won't be getting the opportunity to find out whether you are right or wrong in your assumptions but i'm sure it won't bother you for one second.

:salute

And you haven't?

Just saying.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »
Bruv's single line of argument seems to be;

'You do so care!!'

:rofl
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 10:24:45 PM »
  Sometimes I think the people just act that way, because they see the group they are with acting that way, and feel its their duty.

~AoM~

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 10:40:37 PM »
If it wasn't originally about The Few, it is now since they claimed it I guess.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
Having read the thread again, and seen the more recent posts, I think the answer is fairly simple.

Squads come and go.  It's been that way as long as I've been around and I'm sure it was happening before 96 when I started in AW.  Some of those squads get caught up in their own press clippings and start thinking that what they do within the game matters more then anyone else.  We've all been there.  I've certainly been a part of a squad that got too big for it's britches.  When that happens, folks in those squads tend to get a bit more cocky and abrasive.  It can feel to folks at times that they somewhat expect the rest of the players to bow, or at least get out of the way while acknowledging their greatness.

From my observation over time, those squads tend to implode, disappear, or get over themselves :)

In the end I think most folks who stick around tend to be good people
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 12:30:41 AM »
I have noticed the same trend Corky, I agree with your estimations entirely on this.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 12:44:42 AM »
Bruv's single line of argument seems to be;

'You do so care!!'

:rofl

you wouldn't have come to the bbs and hopped on your soapbox if you didn't  :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 12:52:27 AM »
Just going to say this.

I have been in several squads

Hells Assasins with Archer
Rolling Thunder with Minke
Claim Jumpers with Raccdogg (not that anyone DOESN'T know that thanks to that EPIC Downfall voice over  :rofl)

And now I am in 71 SQN RAF

Now I can tell from experience, this large gang mentality. Nothing to it, its alot of fun, but the mass reporting and generalised WE ARE BETTER view is just not it.

When I join the 71 Vox, I hear, cooking tips, fishing, and then endless streams of humor, followed by some discussion and other such things.

In depth discussions on every topic, with so many jokes in between you can't breathe half the time, let alone shoot anything down, or stay flying (Batfink will back me up).

They are the most fun, most entertaining and most INSANE group I have had the pleasure of flying with, so much so, that I was fool enough to sign on.

Its not the gang mentality and its not the individual. Its the company you spend your time with that defines your personality on this game. I think its in one of the RT crew's sigs, Dadsguns "If you spend your days with imbiciles, you seal your fate"
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 02:12:11 AM »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 03:32:24 AM »
Why is it that so many good, friendly, fun-fight kind of guys join a certain type of group and instantly turn into arrogant and abrasive egotists?
It's almost like these people were only friendly because they thought they wouldn't stand a chance being their true self on their own.
Then they become assimilated into a group of players who regard themself so highly that they no longer need to be polite, friendly or respectful.
They then show their true colours.

Now I'm not talking about anyone specific, before anyone get's their panties in a twist. This is not an attempt to incite riot. So please dun't ban me.
I am just curious as to what causes people who start with their own individual personalities to become an army of[/font] clones, spouting the same smack, using the same tactics, aiming for the same goals, keeping the same friends and enemies as each other. Essentialy losing all sense of identity and just becoming another gimp in an army of gimps.

No personality. No individualism. No difference at all from one clone to the next. No fun to be around for anyone else but other clones.

Am I the only one who notices this human trend in all walks of life?

You talking about me and mine vato??   man, i hope so!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2011, 06:35:02 AM »
I always thought that because I'm left handed I'm in my right mind.  Does that cover it? :)

No.

You fly a fighter plane with a steering wheel .

There is nothing right about that, at all...

:D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011, 06:50:28 AM »
Why is it that so many good, friendly, fun-fight kind of guys join a certain type of group and instantly turn into arrogant and abrasive egotists?
It's almost like these people were only friendly because they thought they wouldn't stand a chance being their true self on their own.
Then they become assimilated into a group of players who regard themself so highly that they no longer need to be polite, friendly or respectful.
They then show their true colours.

Now I'm not talking about anyone specific, before anyone get's their panties in a twist. This is not an attempt to incite riot. So please dun't ban me.
I am just curious as to what causes people who start with their own individual personalities to become an army of clones, spouting the same smack, using the same tactics, aiming for the same goals, keeping the same friends and enemies as each other. Essentialy losing all sense of identity and just becoming another gimp in an army of gimps.

No personality. No individualism. No difference at all from one clone to the next. No fun to be around for anyone else but other clones.

Am I the only one who notices this human trend in all walks of life?

Some just need that spotlight on them Bat.    It gives some semblence of worth in their world.   They don’t care if that attention is positive or negative, as long as they get it.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC