Author Topic: Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa ("Oscar")  (Read 40161 times)

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
Re: Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa ("Oscar")
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2011, 09:50:42 PM »
Here's to wishing its in the next update  :cheers:

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2011, 09:56:29 PM »
Hetzer, M36,  Archer, and the Jagdpanther  :ahand.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Mitsu.

• Copper Member
« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »
Check vote on LWA!!!

you get a chance!  :D

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2011, 02:57:20 AM »
Lots made, but its a pos.

its got 2 BB guns, and thats it. . . who do you think will every really use that outside of scenarios - and - as a dedicated axis pilot - I just don't want to fly that.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2011, 04:00:54 AM »

its got 2 BB guns, and thats it. . . who do you think will every really use that outside of scenarios - and - as a dedicated axis pilot - I just don't want to fly that.
it'll prob see use in EW, where most planes that are flown are the hurr/zero/spit. Those planes are easy to take out with BB's.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2011, 04:18:02 AM »
'Take out' Tyrannis?  :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2011, 03:14:27 PM »

12.7mm guns are BB guns now?  Are you guys going to be calling 20mm cannon BB guns next?

Anybody who wants to play with the Ki-43-II or -III's firepower right now can take a Ki-84 and just use the machine guns, keeping in mind that the Ki-84 is less maneuverable than the Ki-43.  In combat I have killed a Hurricane Mk IIc with the Ki-84's two machine guns, and it would have been much easier had I been in a Ki-43 as I could have skipped all the BnZing and just parked on his tail.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2011, 03:21:31 PM »
As a thought... try flying the SBD as a fighter... It has 2x .50cal in the nose, out turns almost any fighter, but is noticably slower than most.

It would be a bit of a warmup for any Ki-43 addition we might get.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »
it'll prob see use in EW, where most planes that are flown are the hurr/zero/spit. Those planes are easy to take out with BB's.

Except the German rides will still kick its ass. The EW variants weren't what you would call fast. And a pair 7.7's are just a feather duster to heavy fighters like the 110.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2011, 09:30:53 PM »

It shot down more allied planes than any other japanese type.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2011, 09:36:02 PM »
Except the German rides will still kick its ass. The EW variants weren't what you would call fast. And a pair 7.7's are just a feather duster to heavy fighters like the 110.
Why do you guys keep pushing the two 7.7mm gun crap?  That was only present on some Ki-43-Is.  Ki-43-IIs and Ki-43-IIIs all had two 12.7mm guns.

As to the German rides kicking its ass, you'd have to be damn good in the Bf109E-4 to make an easy kill of a Ki-43-I that wasn't AFK.  A Ki-43-II or -III, while not being early war admittedly, would trounce a Bf109E-4.

The fact is, the German stuff is 100% irrelevant to the Japanese stuff.  What matters to the Japanese stuff is the American and Commonwealth stuff.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2011, 09:47:39 PM »
I push the 7.7mm crap gun issue because a pair of 7.7mm's ARE crap guns, regardless of time frame as long as its WWII-era. Spit and Hurricane I are really only usable because they have 8 of them.

In scenarios, yes, German and Italian planes are irrelevent. But we (Tyrannis and I, at least) were just talking about the MA's, and in the MA's, all planes and vehicles are relevent to eachother, regardless of nationality.

So do you want to make this an Events-specific thread (which means you can't use any arguments supporting the Ki-43 that are based in MA use), or do you wish to include the MA's, your choice?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2011, 10:09:38 PM »
Are you aware that the Ki-43 was not armed with two 7.7mm guns?
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: October 20, 2011, 10:20:34 PM »
Ki-43-Ia: 2x 7.7mm Type 97 Machine guns.

Not all of them were, I admit that. But the one that would be available in the arena I was talking about had 7.7mm's.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #194 on: October 20, 2011, 10:34:38 PM »
Ki-43-Ia: 2x 7.7mm Type 97 Machine guns.

Not all of them were, I admit that. But the one that would be available in the arena I was talking about had 7.7mm's.
The majority of Ki-43-Is were armed with one 12.7mm gun and one 7.7mm gun.  It is likely that a Ki-43-I in AH would have the options to take two 7.7mm guns, one 12.7mm gun and one 7.7mm gun and perhaps the option to take two 12.7mm guns.

Have you shot anything down in AH with the D3A1?  It does take awhile.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-