Author Topic: F3 view and the il2  (Read 5928 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: F3 view and the il2
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2011, 12:55:59 PM »
Macro for f3 up over the nose is easy. Again remove all external in the da.

Yep
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2011, 01:06:14 PM »
Macro for f3 up over the nose is easy. Again remove all external in the da.

Most planes page up over the nose anyways.  The best shots in the game don't use F3 mode, not because they are above it, but because they know it serves no advantage.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »
Most planes page up over the nose anyways.  The best shots in the game don't use F3 mode, not because they are above it, but because they know it serves no advantage.

Arguing why something may not help, it not angument for keeping it. If it doesn't help as you say, then getting rid of it isn't not a issue.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2011, 02:02:55 PM »
No kidding....  :rolleyes:
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2011, 02:36:51 PM »
Arguing why something may not help, it not angument for keeping it. If it doesn't help as you say, then getting rid of it isn't not a issue.

That's not true.  Some people enjoy flying the wrong way, because it is their way.  They don't care if you tell them it is ineffective. 

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2011, 03:23:58 PM »
Bronk and Masherburn, you girls ghi victims, board trolls, or both?
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2011, 03:56:14 PM »
You his publicist?

Offline AWRaid

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
      • Semper Fi
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2011, 04:05:12 PM »
For all those who said "F3 makes no difference", "I don't use F3", "can't shoot in F3", "I only use F3 for SA", F3 doesn't help at all" please take a look at the stats for the il2 tween tour 135 and tour 136, I think they speak loudly for themselves  :aok

Now to move on to "no F3 for any plane with fixed forward firing guns"   :rock   :aok

Just saying  :old:

JUGgler

I feel like I'm cheating when I use externals when flying bombers to level bomb..:/ But they are so purdy to look at!@!!@!!
-Raid

<S> SDShill <S>

Offline YGSM

• Zinc Member
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »
perhaps i've missed your point......seemed like you were saying some of the better sticks want to do away with F3 because they dont like getting killed by F3 users, and that it was too bad for them, F3 was a good thing.    clarify, please

Yes.  F3 was a good thing and sorry for the confusion.  My point was that F3 was taken out of the IL2 because of one player owning some pilots that complained loudly.  If we take it from one we should take it for all.  IMHO.
The only HO I have every attempted was with a French potato named Miss Francine.  Otherwise I stay away from the HO it makes me very nervous having 20 and 30mm shells whipping by my canopy.

WD Cameron...Army Air Corp  P47d-11 and D-40 France Italy and Germany.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2011, 11:38:23 PM »
get your head out of ghi's lap.
See Rule #4

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
I think the fact that you can no longer up the IL-2 for base deffence when the fighter hangers are down may have been another factor in it's declining usage. I've seen a swarm of them stop what should have been a clean base capture several times. Would have liked to have seen how well they fared in this role without F3.
This +100

I tried to take an IL-2 up in base defense where the FHs were down, and couldn't.  It surprised and disappointed me.  Base defense when FHs were down was probably half or more of my sorties in it.  Now that it isn't an option (which is completely ridiculous, it is a bomber, i.e. an airplane designed to hit ground targets, and not a fighter, i.e. an airplane designed for air superiority), I won't have the same reasons/opportunities to fly it.

None of the remaining bombers are very suitable for base defense under horde conditions.  Most simply don't have sufficient hitting power to start evening the odds, and the ones that kind of do like the A-20 or B-25, are even larger and more lumbering at low speeds than the brick IL-2.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2011, 12:50:31 AM »
I think the fact that you can no longer up the IL-2 for base deffence when the fighter hangers are down may have been another factor in it's declining usage. I've seen a swarm of them stop what should have been a clean base capture several times. Would have liked to have seen how well they fared in this role without F3.

HTC made the IL2 a "fighter"?  Wow.   :bhead

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2011, 08:10:45 AM »
HTC made the IL2 a "fighter"?  Wow.   :bhead

Well, it's not a level bomber so it should be classed as an 'attack' aircraft and be treated like all others...

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2011, 08:18:09 AM »
Well, it's not a level bomber so it should be classed as an 'attack' aircraft and be treated like all others...

10 years later?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2011, 08:30:30 AM »

There are no "others". The Il-2 is now the only attack mode only plane, all others being either fighter/attack or bomber/attack (like D3A, Ju-87 and all similar "light" bombers. And behind the scenes the Il-2 is now treated as fighter/attack, because it's now tied to the FH's and no longer to the BHs. Which doesn't make much sense...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman