Author Topic: 63% drop in GV kills tour 135 to 136  (Read 1375 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 63% drop in GV kills tour 135 to 136
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 12:50:34 PM »
  Or if possible use my toe break to slow the tank automatically through the gears.   
I like that. :aok

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 01:03:24 PM »
Or if possible use my toe break to slow the tank automatically through the gears.  
I like that. :aok

I have mapped my GV gears to toe brakes (CH pro pedals)  and use the right one to accelerate and the left to slow down/ reverse, steering by rudder axis. In this respect I find it dead easy to drive a tank from the commanders position. the only downside is I had to map my aircraft brakes to a key press rather than analog axis, but they seem to work just as well that way.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 01:06:02 PM by Blagard »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 01:06:07 PM »
I have mapped my GV gears to toe brakes (CH pro pedals)  and use the right one to accelarate and the left to slow down/ reverse, steering by rudder axis. In this respect I find it dead easy to drive a tank from the commanders position. the only downside is I had to map my aircraft brakes to a key press rather than analog axis, but they seem to work just as well that way.
I like the breaks for the aircraft on the pedals don't think I will change that.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 01:07:19 PM »
As a grumpy 56 year old AH'er with the reactions of a brick and the eyesight of a bat I used to get most of my AH fun gv'ing. OK the zoom sights are not realistic, but neither is a lot of stuff in this game, its meant to be fun not a job. I have one of those for 10 hours a day thanks.

Anyway, seems I'm not the only one. OK it's early days, but the stats tell me a lot of people don't like the new set up and I wonder how many of the old gits like me have left, there's quite a few of the haggard old GVers I havent seen a round for a while. I have done 14 hours this tour, thats about 1/2 normal, I'm having trouble having the enthusiasm to log on, and I'm not the only one it seems.

63% drop in GV kills! - tells me HTC have got this one wrong.

Fanbois flame away.

(Image removed from quote.)

you jumped at this conclusion based on the same assumption juggler did. you just looked at the numbers, and you both were proven wrong.  I only posted the gv kills on the other thread just as a possible reason, but not to say that people dont like the new gv model.  some people are never gonna go back to gv's, oh well.  most of us will just adapt.  after all HT already said we are not going back to the old way.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 01:42:10 PM »
I have mapped my GV gears to toe brakes (CH pro pedals)  and use the right one to accelerate and the left to slow down/ reverse, steering by rudder axis. In this respect I find it dead easy to drive a tank from the commanders position. the only downside is I had to map my aircraft brakes to a key press rather than analog axis, but they seem to work just as well that way.

can't you just have different control modes?

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »

Yes.

Mode 1--> Plane toe brakes
Mode 2--> That other thing Blagard has mapped

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 02:27:11 PM »
Give it time, and let the new version be judged … It took Coca-cola three whole months to realize that the “New Coke” recipe was a total failure.
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline wojo71

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 03:16:15 PM »
  I like Tanks , The biggest problem with GVing IMHO is finding a good place to do it on a map. Some of these maps are horrible for gv fights I.E. LONG drives to the base or very few places to spawn in to to take the LONG drive to the base. Drops ords , return , up a gv and the ords pop right about when you get to the town/base   :( .

for the record I like the new gv stuff I can drive and shoot from the hatch , Can hit most things out to 1000 without using the sights.  :salute
LTARwojo        
Proud father of a U.S. Marine....Proud grandson of Lt Col Hamel Goodin (ret)   B-17 pilot. 305th BG /364th SQD

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 03:30:43 PM »
As Consiglieri,the Godfather has instructed me to ask that you make a pie chart as a favor to him.

I strongly suggest you make one for him now.

"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 04:02:59 PM »

Yes, as AWwrgwy has said.
In mode 1(Aircraft)
My Toes brakes in aircraft are mapped to keys C & V (the default), I used to have them on the analog brake axis for the toes, but CH gear lets you change the toe axis to a key press instead.

In mode 2 (GV's)
My toes brakes are still programmed to C & V  so I simply remapped the GV  S(brake/reverse)  and W(accelerate) to C and V instead.
The range dial was on C and V in GV's so I had to change that (remap AH Gunner) but thats all.

I like the brakes for the aircraft on the pedals don't think I will change that.

I haven't, I still have them on the pedals
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 04:14:13 PM by Blagard »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 09:08:40 PM »
  I like Tanks , The biggest problem with GVing IMHO is finding a good place to do it on a map. Some of these maps are horrible for gv fights I.E. LONG drives to the base or very few places to spawn in to to take the LONG drive to the base. Drops ords , return , up a gv and the ords pop right about when you get to the town/base   :( .

for the record I like the new gv stuff I can drive and shoot from the hatch , Can hit most things out to 1000 without using the sights.  :salute

The long drives arent all that long. Certainly no longer then it would take to fly a plane there. And provides more of an area to actually have a more realistic tank battle rather then just whack a mole. You have to fight your way in or meet and beat back the attacking force
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 09:11:13 PM »

some people are never gonna go back to gv's, oh well.  most of us will just adapt.  after all HT already said we are not going back to the old way.

semp

On the other hand. Some folks like me are now playing in GVs far far more then we/I have in years
so while it may be said that some people wont GV again. It can also be said that people that werent GVing before. Now are.

I officially like the new version.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 09:19:22 PM »
And we have to keep in mind that the current tour will end up with like ~300,000 kills total, whereas the previous had ~479,000. That's an almost 40% reduction in everything ;)

If one does such a comparison, he has compare different data to the same base :)

Couple of questions: a 40 percent reduction in overall kills? What's up with that? Also, over 12,000 posts since 2005, Lusche, don't you work? Man, you need to get a life, or discover women or religion or something besides computer screens and AH.

I do, however, agree that we need to give vehicle changes a while to grow on folks. Give it a couple of months and see if after we've actually learned to use them they are better or worse.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 09:43:30 PM »
Couple of questions: a 40 percent reduction in overall kills? What's up with that?

last tour reset coming almost a week late had a big impact. So last tour was much longer and this one will be much shorter. That's the main reason. (We do have less players/activity this tour too, but not as much at it may seem at first)

Also, over 12,000 posts since 2005, Lusche, don't you work?

Only 5.5 posts per day. ;)

Man, you need to get a life, or discover women or religion or something besides computer screens and AH.

I tried this "life" thing and failed big time... "Outside" and me are probably never going to become friends  :uhoh
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:47:04 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 11:03:52 AM »
Is a reduction in number of kills a very good metric really?

Is it possible that the new GV system makes it easier to break spawn camps?  If guys aren't getting killed, reupping, getting killed, reupping nearly as much because spawn camping is harder, that alone could cause a reduction in kills in a given tour without an actual reduction of people playing in GVs.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder