Author Topic: Stall Limiter working when it is unchecked  (Read 797 times)

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
Stall Limiter working when it is unchecked
« on: May 17, 2011, 04:59:17 PM »
I checked out that i was flying with any auto-X OFF. Stall limiter enabled was checked...but it is still working while I fly...

I filmed it.

Please help me!

(s)
" I personally led the attack to A1" - Pipz

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Stall Limiter working when it is unchecked
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
Stall limiter enabled was checked...but it is still working while I fly...

Yep, it says "Enable Stall Limiter"...and if you have it checked, it is enabled.   :headscratch:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:09:50 PM »
I think what he found was that if you launch an aircraft and change options like the stall limiter, they don't take immediate effect.

The launch you make loads the options made before any changes. So if you are in an aircraft ready to take off and decide to make changes you need to land again before those changes take effect.

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 02:41:53 AM »
Sorry.

I made a mistake explaining the problem, due to the fact that I'm not english mother-tounge.

I meant the "Enable stall limiter" was uncheked. So the problem is actually there.

And... I didn't change the set-up while in flight. This have been unchecked for a long time.

:frown:

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 05:31:13 AM »
You should not have a problem with the stall limiter. You have started another thread because of some other software you are using that is causing a problem
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,312609.msg4048581.html#msg4048581

I think you should continue to resolve any problems with your other software first. Keep an eye on the Bug Report forum in case other people have a similar problem with the stall limiter.

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 06:32:52 AM »
You should not have a problem with the stall limiter. You have started another thread because of some other software you are using that is causing a problem
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,312609.msg4048581.html#msg4048581

I think you should continue to resolve any problems with your other software first. Keep an eye on the Bug Report forum in case other people have a similar problem with the stall limiter.

"Shane" had the same problem in 2007.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,98888.0.html

I didn't say "it's a problem with another software". I just was wondering if this bug could be caused by another software. But Shane had the same problem in 2007, so I guess It's not linked to TracknoIR software.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 07:29:06 AM »
I have just tried it myself - (Since the last patch) and find it is working normally on my pc.

There is a major difference with it enabled in the Spit16. With the stick held back fully (From low speeds), I find the worse the aircraft does with it enabled is a spiral dive, which it pulls out of easily. With it off I can get into a Spin easily and snap roll type effects.

You seem pretty sure it has nothing to do with your other software so, assuming you have checked it yourself with stall limiter checked and unchecked, I would be inclined to give as much detail as you can and report it in the Bug Forum.

Your link to Shane's problem is a thread in 2003 - Somehow I think whatever the problem was then, it got fixed.

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 07:35:23 AM »
Blagard,

Thank you very much for trying

(S)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 08:12:13 AM »
Kovel, how do you know it is not off? How are you testing it and what are your results?

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 08:32:24 AM »
Kovel, how do you know it is not off? How are you testing it and what are your results?

I can upload the film here if it helps....

I tested it flying a Dora, zooming with it nose up until speed is below 100 mph, then nose can't go higher anymore, I try to keep it high but gravity wins and it falls without any spin or stall. Second time I tried it, when the speed is under 100 I pull stick hard....plane make a tiny spin but it recovers for itself in 2-3 seconds...

When stall limiter is off....well, I can't get under 100 without losing control of the plane...and in order to recover, I need to push stick, chop throttle and give opposite rudder.....and pray...

There's a big difference in behaviour

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 09:46:33 AM »
Combat trim will also ease stalls and spins in some planes. Are running with it on now, when you may have had it off before?

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 11:07:56 AM »
Combat trim will also ease stalls and spins in some planes. Are running with it on now, when you may have had it off before?

No Sir.... checked it was off. Anyway....after what you've just said....there's also a chance that what is working is the combat trim, even though It is off....

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »
No Sir.... checked it was off. Anyway....after what you've just said....there's also a chance that what is working is the combat trim, even though It is off....

Very easy to check combat trim. If your trim indicators in the cockpit are moving around on their own while you manouvre, it's on. If its off they will remain fixed. If you have any auto trim turned on, your manouvres will disengage it.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 03:33:48 PM »
Very easy to check combat trim. If your trim indicators in the cockpit are moving around on their own while you manouvre, it's on. If its off they will remain fixed. If you have any auto trim turned on, your manouvres will disengage it.

There is also a light in the cockpit, usually with "CT" next to it. This indicates whether
or not combat trim (CT) is on on (light on) or off (light off).
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 04:29:16 PM »
There is also a light in the cockpit, usually with "CT" next to it. This indicates whether
or not combat trim (CT) is on on (light on) or off (light off).

True, but his query was
...there's also a chance that what is working is the combat trim, even though It is off....
So if he switches it off and gets his text buffer message and the light goes out. The moving trims will check if it is truely off or not. - Unless of course his trims are also messed up.