Author Topic: Just for CAP1 a real car!  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Just for CAP1 a real car!
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 09:11:58 PM »
It is a dog.   I've driven 2 on a track for my job (hopped up GTS-R's by Roush) and an RT/10 for fun at another old job.    Trust me, they are NOT worth the money.    
thats your opinion of it,
ive driven an 06 srt10 version. and i love it.

to each his own.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2011, 12:57:27 AM »
I just finished doing meth. injection, air-water intercooling, and a nitrous system on a track day viper and it was still a dog.

It takes a very good driver (and a small one) to make this car fast on the track.

I also worked on a supercharged Z06 vette with meth injection and, though it had much less horsepower, it felt much faster.

I'm pretty sure I can shove an improved touring 240z around a track as fast as either of them.

Once you have a supercharger on these two cars, there is zero room for anything and that is something I just would not live with on a personal car.

Same goes for the terminator supercharged mustangs.

I've owned at least two 300,000+ mile 300zx turbos and have never run a nissan engine with less than 100,000 miles yet I get insane power levels from them for years at a time.

As a nissan, toyota, and lexus master technician, I just am not seeing the reliability issues people talk about with these cars.

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 01:38:52 AM »
Corvette ZR1 vs Nissan GTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uORyZI1VdU
gtr kicks its butt

Nissan R35 GT-R vs. Lamborghini Murcielago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Vx5ZAuXgQ
go gtr!

Prices as 2010 gtr $80790.
ZR1 2010 price $107830
So with my $27000 saving ill hot up my GTR and then we will see what she can kick!

Offline clerick

• Silver Member

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2011, 05:58:08 AM »
BTW lanbo price is Murcielago Price: $599943
So when i hot up my GTR vs the lambo and spend 519900 on extras then imagine what i will get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know everyone has a point of view but if its worth 500k then talk or go away and have your USA or wog machine and ill kick it out of the ball park!
Forkit

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 07:25:46 AM »
If I had an extra 500k lying around I'd get an RV quickbuild kit and do more flying.  As usual, everyone has their own priorities on how to allocate their own resources.  My G8 GT (which I got so cheap I practically stole it) is a hot enough 4-door sedan that a supercar is far below an airplane on my list of stuff to spend money on, but the house, kids school funds, etc. are way above the plane on the list so I'll have to wait and keep saving, just in case.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2011, 08:23:31 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNT2UijpCMs&feature=fvsr
NISSAN GTR vs some american muscle or handbag cars.
Forkit

i've seen the gtr on top gear. it's not all that really.

you've made the classic mistake of taking one manufacturers "top of the line" performance car, and comparing it to other manufacturers "mid-grade" performance cars.

the corvette......the zr1 i believe will eat pretty much anything alive.

the mustang.....they tested the base gt500. i don't know enough about the vettes to go into detail on them, but i can with the mustangs.
first off, you could take that base gt500, which costs $40k less, spend about $10-20k on it, and it will eat up the gtr.
second off, you could take the higher end gt500(800hp), still spend less than the gtr costs, and eat it alive. possibly the vettes too, although i'm not sure of that......where's getback when ya need him?  :)

then there's the looks.......it almost looks like a pregnant rollerskate. the corvette, and mustang have style. beautiful lines. they flow. they make these cars look like they're doing 100mph, just sitting there. the mustang looks like it has a "get the eff outta my way before i eff you up" look on its face. the corvette has that "bah....you THINK you can keep up, but we all know better" look on its face. the gtr wants chocolate covered pickles.  :rofl :noid

here..check out some shelbys....
http://www.shelbyautos.com/2011gt500.asp
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:38:37 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »
the last Viper coming out looks stunning, and is rumored to be packed a 12 cylinder 8.6ltr 750hp hennesey tuned engine.  wish i could afford it.  :pray

a friend of mine has a 96 coupe running about 850 or so to the back tires, and an 06 convertible running nearly 1200hp to the back tires.  :aok
 he's also got a 68 goat running about 700hp to the tires.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2011, 08:26:42 AM »
Haha, based on the video I assumed the "Mustang" Cobra since it was a mustang vs a Nisan in the film.  :rofl  I was like WTH is he talking about a Cobra beating it.  After your second post you got me thinking that maybe you were about a 1960 Shelby  :rofl

there actually WAS a cobra package offered on the mustang. it wasn't really a mustang though, but rather a pinto-stang in the 70's. i think it had the mighty 175hp 5.0L. and some really groovy decals.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2011, 08:28:31 AM »
dont know what Camaros are getting off the lot, but just out of curiosity and chits and giggles care to share some of their MPG off the lot and with all that power?

i've got a customer whose son lives in Massachusetts. he has a 2011mustang gt. he claimed 35mpg at about 80mph on the highway on his last drive down here to nj
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2011, 08:30:34 AM »
thats your opinion of it,
ive driven an 06 srt10 version. and i love it.

to each his own.

uumm....youi realize his "opinion" is based on facts, right?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2011, 08:54:08 AM »

I agree,my neighbour has a few Vets,a viper and a prowler..ya a prowler but he collects so I excuse him when it comes to that car.I think it has maybe 5K on the clock. His vet collection is extensive,last count was 19 but he's getting rid of some of the lesser priced cars.

My fav is his 67,dont like the color but the 427 make the color disappear! :rofl  Now back to the subject,the viper is an 08 if it matters and his Z06,the daily driver is a 09/10, not sure, but from his mouth to Z06 is twice the car the viper could ever be!

He has some buddies that own all kinds of crazy rides and everyone of them say the same thing,Oh and the GTR,ya there 1 around on occassion.It's supposed to be the easiest "fast" car to drive,provided you dont get distracted playing with the dash! :rofl :rofl :rofl  The average driver could be much faster in a GTR because the car does alot of the work for you. Same could be said for the Z06 I guess,he was slightly upset with me when I showed his wife how to disable the stability control in it!!! :lol

:salute

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2011, 11:21:40 AM »
its his opinion formed through experiance.

theres those out there (like me) who have driven the viper and feel its not a "dog"

top gear thinks so too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeEBrOx12uQ

i just like the viper for the raw power behind it, the covette is way to subtle for me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2011, 11:25:15 AM »
hmm while the viper is ok.... I really don't see/feel the "raw" power you speak of.

There are some pretty nice ones in a club in Houston.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2011, 11:28:49 AM »
its his opinion formed through experiance.

theres those out there (like me) who have driven the viper and feel its not a "dog"

top gear thinks so too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeEBrOx12uQ

i just like the viper for the raw power behind it, the covette is way to subtle for me.

honestly i like the looks of the viper, better than the vette.

but......if someone offered to give me either one that i wanted, based solely on overall performance........vette hands down.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"