Author Topic: Here's that film Grumpy  (Read 1599 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Here's that film Grumpy
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 09:27:43 PM »
I had upped repeatedly against superior numbers, how do you conclude I was not up to a fight?

Because you continually HOed. You weren't looking for a fight, just a kill, you said it yourself.

<snip>   There were still two attackers, and as I inned on Grumpy I wasn't quite sure if the other attacker had intentions of joining the fight.  As a result, I pressed my attack very hard on Grumpy hoping to better my odds should the other attacker join the fight.  Upon realizing it was just he and I extended and re-inned for the kill.<end-snip>

Essentially your saying "I went for every HO I could get to kill him off before I could get picked again" right?

So to me it looked like you didn't care about a fight, just a kill. 

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 09:51:14 PM »
Obviously, under perceived duress against multiple attackers, I will HO

Some would not find this to be obvious.

- oldman

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 12:18:47 AM »
"Obviously, under perceived duress against multiple attackers, I will HO"

I guess im honored to know that my single F6F all by myself put you in such duress you felt the need to ho....  I will never quesion you again.     :ahand
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 07:53:22 AM »
Well, I finally watched the film and I would have taken every single shot vNUCKS took without hesitation.

Grumpy, don't get me wrong here, but every merge you took was sloppy and left yourself open for those front quarter shots he took along with the shot that he took when you came over the top on one of your loops. If you leave that much separation, at the merge, with me, you will get raked from stem to stern under those conditions.

If vNUCKS had been defending that base from multiples, his frame of mind, and so would mine have been, was to dispatch ASAP. That was not the time for a 1-up dueling match.

Also, there was another F6F in the immediate area when the fight first started ... 75ablahblah. I would have been thinking that the other F6F was looking to drop ord before he circled back around to take me out while fighting Grumpy so dispatching Grumpy ASAP would have been my top priority.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 04:18:15 PM »
In the future, I suppose I should limit my tactics to those approved to those tactics only approved by the picking princesses. Shame on me... 
vNucks

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2011, 09:18:13 PM »
LMAO at picking princess.....  Now i see what im really dealing with.  Its been an interesting thread to say the least, good luck nucks
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 10:32:04 PM »
LMAO at picking princess.....  Now i see what im really dealing with.  Its been an interesting thread to say the least, good luck nucks

Well Hero, you mentioned your several recent previous kills of me of which I was hunting for revenge, do you care to post some film of how you so nobly and bravely earned them?
vNucks

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2011, 10:49:57 PM »
A vGuy that actually (rather badly) attempted to fight?  Anyone call the Weather Channel to see if Hell froze over? 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 10:55:57 PM »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2011, 10:57:24 PM »
A vGuy that actually (rather badly) attempted to fight?  Anyone call the Weather Channel to see if Hell froze over? 

ack-ack

Nice 2 cents worth, yet I saved my base as was my objective, won accolades from my countrymen in doing so,  and won the fight.  I suppose I owe you change...
vNucks

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 11:44:56 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Xbos3W2jQ

For those of you who would rather see it on youtube than your film viewer
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011, 02:15:44 AM »
the only reason he got me in the end is because i was PW and blacked out. 

:rofl      :rofl       :rofl       :rofl       :rofl

Whining about an unfair advantage that the other guy created by shooting you. That's a good one!

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2011, 02:21:49 AM »
Read the text buffer after the fight, he claims to be straight, level and blacked out when I got my kill shot... then watch the film again, lol. 
vNucks

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2011, 09:02:48 AM »
Well Hero, you mentioned your several recent previous kills of me of which I was hunting for revenge, do you care to post some film of how you so nobly and bravely earned them?

Exactly ... he did mention "previous kills" ... he never mentioned the word "pick" ... that was your interpretation, same as his interpretation of you HOing.

I have flown with Grumpy and have found him to be a good pilot, a good guy, and always game for the "fight" ... if he picked you, then there was a definite need for the pick.

As you mentioned, they were attacking the base, most likely for the capture. If that was the circumstance, and I was in the area, I would pick you 'til your eyes bleed and think nothing of it, just the same as I would have taken the same deflection shots that you took while fighting Grumpy and thought nothing of it.

If his mission was "capture", then the necessary actions must be taken for a capture, the same as the actions needed when defending.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 01:07:07 PM »
The point I was making was that I had made no complaint about how I died, he had his objective, I had mine, and they both involved shooting the other one down.  On the other hand, his defeat immediately involved him pm'ing with objections, and frankly an outright fabrication as to how the fight ended.  About the only message you'll get from me after shooting me down is a salute, unless of course you've really impressed me, and then I may send a compliment via pm. 

My "Hero" question was to highlight the double standard, as I wonder what his reaction would be had I shot him down in the same manner as he had me. 

I get HO'd, picked, collided with, vulched and ganged all the time, and I assure I don't like it any more than the next guy, but it is my choice to place myself in "virtual" harms way. When I get "beat", it's not what my opponent did that caused it, it's what I did wrong that caused it, and complaining to my opponent about it seems like a classless and clueless reaction.  Instead, I film my sorties, study the film, and change what I do...

on the other hand, I guess I could just pm everyone that shoots me down and see if they'll change what they do...
vNucks