Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44125 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #510 on: June 22, 2011, 04:56:55 PM »
Sorry Irish but B.E. made it clear in his previous rulings that the "loser" posting the films don't mitigate the infraction of the rules  :aok Believe me there were many who wished that it had.

As the actual winner of the round in question furnished a film it would seem the spirit of the rules has been followed in that the winner posts films so as to prove he did not do anything untoward to win said duel, F3 for example.

Bunch of drama queens, the lot of you.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #511 on: June 22, 2011, 05:08:19 PM »
actually I don't remember, but whatever I don't care about living or dying...was it a good fight?    that's all I give a crap about.

Actually yes, 4 merges, 1 guns on for you, 2 guns on for me, and 1 collision, and not a round fired.   We had a great little fight there  :aok
Yea, simply because I can

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #512 on: June 22, 2011, 05:10:48 PM »
As the actual winner of the round in question furnished a film it would seem the spirit of the rules has been followed in that the winner posts films so as to prove he did not do anything untoward to win said duel, F3 for example.

Bunch of drama queens, the lot of you.

wrongway

Good, I have you on quote as saying it it the "spirit of the rules" is what matters. Funny that was my argument as well but to no avail. See what I am talking about here?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:27:32 PM by The Jekyll »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #513 on: June 22, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »
Actually yes, 4 merges, 1 guns on for you, 2 guns on for me, and 1 collision, and not a round fired.   We had a great little fight there  :aok

that's cool  :salute

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #514 on: June 22, 2011, 05:27:19 PM »
I just want to make sure I got my next duel against Midway's FPH garanteed. By the way, the last posted duel bracket board is on page 23.
Actually no, here it is:

Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #515 on: June 22, 2011, 05:29:22 PM »
Good, I have you on quote as saying it it the "spirit of the rules" is what matters. Funny that was my argument as well but to no avail. See what I am talking about here?
  and BTW, the F3 issue was cleared up with no wrong doing on either end. and wasn't an issue in the previous bracket, nor should it be here

Spirit of the rules being that the films show that the winner won legitimatly.

As Krup lost the round in question, and as Irish has stated over and over, it really doesn't matter.

In the previous "missing film" situation, for all we know, the winner could have been flying in F3 the entire time.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #516 on: June 22, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »
I just want to make sure I got my next duel against Midway's FPH garanteed. By the way, the last posted duel bracket board is on page 23.
Actually no, here it is:
 (Image removed from quote.)
Yup you got bruv! Good luck sir :salute
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #517 on: June 22, 2011, 05:32:41 PM »
Yup you got bruv! Good luck sir :salute
Good panic you mean  :eek:
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #518 on: June 22, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »
Get a good warm up, be focused, and eyes on te prize :aok
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #519 on: June 22, 2011, 05:35:41 PM »

:lol

Good Luck, Lepape2.  :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #520 on: June 22, 2011, 05:44:21 PM »

As Krup lost the round in question, and as Irish has stated over and over, it really doesn't matter.

In the previous "missing film" situation, for all we know, the winner could have been flying in F3 the entire time.

wrongway

Come on AWwrgwy, we both know that F3 issue was cleared with no findings on either side and did not even play an issue in any of it. All the films were provided an no F3 mode was used, you know that and to insert it here is uncalled for. And as Krupinski, and DrSpek both stated in the previous bracket, Krup lost the fights and it really didn't matter about the films. My argument is as before, the fights should not have been, nor should they now be, about following the "rules" but about the spirit of the fight and who won or lost as is being argued by you, Krupinski, and Irish here. I am simply making the same argument here as you are I just made them in the last bracket to no avail. Maybe now you can understand "Why" it was so frustrating. These brackets should have been about the spirit of the fight and who was better at the time of the match and won or lost. Not having the winner decided because of a technicality.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #521 on: June 22, 2011, 05:46:34 PM »

wrongway

well just to set you straight, f3 mode wasn't against the rules in the previous bracket, not that anyone seriously believed it was used

be that as it may, i believe that the previous disqualification was on the simple technicality that Spek did not provide all of his films (he had some, not all). No one disputed the winner of that duel, just as no one is disputing the fact that Krup beat IrishOne.

once you start rulef**king people out of a fairly earned win, you open the door for it to happen again and again in the future...throw honour out the window and we see what the competition devolves to...

another tough job for BE and the rules committee i guess  :salute

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #522 on: June 22, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
Krup and I will continue this conversation via pm unless anyone else interjects.

Do you really think someone would object?
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #523 on: June 22, 2011, 05:49:22 PM »
Krup and I will continue this conversation via pm unless anyone else interjects.

Do you really think someone would object?

www.dictionary.com
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #524 on: June 22, 2011, 06:01:42 PM »
www.dictionary.com

It is my understanding that nrshida is not a native speaker of English and I assumed he meant object. Being that I respect him and did not want to make a big deal out of the misuse of interject (After all, how can someone interject something in a PRIVATE message?) I simply made the correction and was hoping for a brief moment of levity.

Little did I know that my good manners would result in a yellow toofered limey humping my ankle. Shouldn't you be at some government office getting a handout from the queen?  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:08:54 PM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla