Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44200 times)

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #570 on: June 23, 2011, 08:48:09 AM »
If this is going to be that kind of party....I'm going to stick my d1ck in the mash taters.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #571 on: June 23, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »
Who the F cares
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:41:19 PM by The Jekyll »
Yea, simply because I can

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #572 on: June 23, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »
I used to be into sadistic necrophiliac beastiality, but then I realised I was just flogging a dead horse...
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #573 on: June 23, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »
The ruling was made. Stop embarrassing yourselves and the tourney.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #574 on: June 23, 2011, 10:56:09 AM »
no theres still bone fragments that need to be beaten still.  :rolleyes:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #575 on: June 23, 2011, 11:03:44 AM »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:52:58 AM by IrishOne »
-AoM-

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #576 on: June 23, 2011, 11:16:03 AM »
This is really sad... I am very happy Bald Eagle never took me up on my offer to be a judge for this event.

Way too many egos in such a small space of cartoon sky, if I was BE, I'd cancel the event and not look back.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #577 on: June 23, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »
Complicated rules make things complicated why do you need the film rule to start with? Why not do it like moth and use film at the players digression in case they want to dispute something and then have the review committee review it and pass judgement? Also drop the 10k merge rubbish, I mean who duels over a canyon? The pet hate of any dueller is having a fight decided by a hill or tree.

The less said about the dubious decisions the better imo take away the stupid parts of the rules, it makes every tournament less and less credible.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #578 on: June 23, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »
This is really sad... I am very happy Bald Eagle never took me up on my offer to be a judge for this event.

Way too many egos in such a small space of cartoon sky, if I was BE, I'd cancel the event and not look back.

QFT

I'm glad I decided not to sign up. Maybe next time. Both the few and the muppets now share the record for beating the most dead horse
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #579 on: June 23, 2011, 11:38:35 AM »

I too think that the tourney should be canceled.  You see, I, unlike most of you, am forced to read every post in this thread by a leprechaun that stands on my desk and holds a revolver to my head.  What I have read here has thrown me into such a profound state of melancholy that I do not believe I can function any longer.  Please remember that there are some of us that don’t have a choice but to read these threads, so when they get nasty, someone is truly being harmed.  So please, cancel the tourneys out of consideration for people like me and Del who are forced to read these threads by our leprechauns.  

Hey thanks.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
« Reply #580 on: June 23, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »
:rofl Eagle, I don;t know what happened cause I did not read it yet, but in my opinion, you do not need to do anything.  You have stated your rules and it is up to you to interpret them any way you think is right if there are any gray areas.  We may or may not like your decision but guess what, it is your tournament, you spend the time to run it so if anyone is so upset about a call you make they can choose to not join next time.  You can;t be doing work every time someone gets upset.

I'll go read and try to find out what happened now  :lol

Amen

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #581 on: June 23, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »
Bruv bud they are you guys that are bringing shame to this turny calm them down. i have an idea for the next one i am running by BE and it will solve the problem we have had here on this thread. this will have to be approved by HTC but it will work

i know its not only the Few that are blowing things up everyone LET THE THREAD BE it says RESULTS not DEBATE WHINE AND CRY
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #582 on: June 23, 2011, 11:57:06 AM »
"That they will not be counseled, cannot be helped.  If you do not hear reason, she will rap you hard on the knuckles." - Ben Franklin

Cancel it...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #583 on: June 23, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »
I hope the event keeps going BE the vast majority of results lead to no controversy or ill feeling which shows the true character of the majority involved in the event.

Its a great event and of course it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time but for the sake of those who would rather play than argue i.e. the majority keep it going please   :salute.

I am sure allot of other people are gratefull for your efforts also. I dont have to agree with all your decisions to participate in your event and enjoy it.

I hope we can conclude this without any further drama and draw a line under what has gone before.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:37:27 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #584 on: June 23, 2011, 12:25:54 PM »
Failure of the winning player to post films in these rounds will result in the win being awarded to that player’s opponent who must then post their films.  Failure of the opponent to post films within 24 hours of such a determination will result in the original winner being reinstated.

My interpretation:

As played out by this rule... Krup, ala the Winning Player,  failed to post his loss against Irish.  Per this rule, this results in the win being awarded to Krup's opponent, Irish, who then must post his film to secure the win.  Irish then posted his film therefore receives the win for that round.

Sunbat's lawyers are still combing through the unabridged list of rules so there may be some terms and conditions that apply to this portion of the rule that I am unaware of.
What is your interpretation JekyII?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:31:26 PM by grizz441 »