Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44159 times)

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #585 on: June 23, 2011, 12:35:43 PM »
My interpretation:

As played out by this rule... Krup, ala the Winning Player,  failed to post his loss against Irish.  Per this rule, this results in the win being awarded to Krup's opponent, Irish, who then must post his film to secure the win.  Irish then posted his film therefore receives the win for that round.

Sunbat's lawyers are still combing through the unabridged list of rules so there may be some terms and conditions that apply to this portion of the rule that I am unaware of.
What is your interpretation JekyII?

i only have the film of the fight that i won, not all 4, so according to the rules the round would go back to krup within 24 hrs.
-AoM-

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #586 on: June 23, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
My interpretation:

As played out by this rule... Krup, ala the Winning Player,  failed to post his loss against Irish.  Per this rule, this results in the win being awarded to Krup's opponent, Irish, who then must post his film to secure the win.  Irish then posted his film therefore receives the win for that round.

Sunbat's lawyers are still combing through the unabridged list of rules so there may be some terms and conditions that apply to this portion of the rule that I am unaware of.

I just got a call from the president of the law firm that I have hired out to interpret and advise on the dueling bracket rules (turns out so many lawyers are needed I am their largest client, hence the call from the president).  They have confirmed that Grizz's interpretation is correct.

Irish should advance.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #587 on: June 23, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »

i only have the film of the fight that i won, not all 4, so according to the rules the round would go back to krup within 24 hrs.

My team of lawyers has decided. No need to worry with it further. Good luck in the next round.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #588 on: June 23, 2011, 12:38:34 PM »
Failure of the winning player to post films in these rounds will result in the win being awarded to that player’s opponent who must then post their films.  Failure of the opponent to post films within 24 hours of such a determination will result in the original winner being reinstated.

i dont have the other films, therefore i do not advance.  it goes back to krup.   there is nothing left of this matter to discuss as far as im concerned
-AoM-

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #589 on: June 23, 2011, 12:42:56 PM »

i dont have the other films, therefore i do not advance.  it goes back to krup.   there is nothing left of this matter to discuss as far as im concerned

According to that rule (my interpretation anyways) you don't need the other films, just the one in contention, which you posted.  Krup validated the other fights per that rule by posting his films.  Had you not posted the A5 win, it would go back to Krup so he would have won "4-0".

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #590 on: June 23, 2011, 12:43:11 PM »
My interpretation:

Eh, who cares? Rules don't mean much here, the bracket is a joke.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:44:48 PM by The Jekyll »
Yea, simply because I can

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #591 on: June 23, 2011, 12:45:22 PM »
eh, who cares? Rules don't mean much here. the bracket is a joke.

You do obviously.  You posted the rules and went on for a wall of text about rules this rules that.  So how do you interpret the rule that you bold faced in your previous post?  Different than my interpretation?  I hope you interpret it differently because if you do not, your entire crusade was for not.

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #592 on: June 23, 2011, 12:45:33 PM »
 :aokThis thread is definitely on the way up. Definitely.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #593 on: June 23, 2011, 12:49:09 PM »
You do obviously.  You posted the rules and went on for a wall of text about rules this rules that.  So how do you interpret the rule that you bold faced in your previous post?  Different than my interpretation?  I hope you interpret it differently because if you do not, your entire crusade was for not.

From the quarterfinal round forward results must be verifiable therefore films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.

I don't know, what part of that rule eludes you?

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #594 on: June 23, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »
I too think that the tourney should be canceled.  You see, I, unlike most of you, am forced to read every post in this thread by a leprechaun that stands on my desk and holds a revolver to my head.  What I have read here has thrown me into such a profound state of melancholy that I do not believe I can function any longer.  Please remember that there are some of us that don’t have a choice but to read these threads, so when they get nasty, someone is truly being harmed.  So please, cancel the tourneys out of consideration for people like me and Del who are forced to read these threads by our leprechauns.  

Hey thanks.

:rofl :rofl
Damn leprechauns....  :
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #595 on: June 23, 2011, 12:54:37 PM »
From the quarterfinal round forward results must be verifiable therefore films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.

I don't know, what part of that rule eludes you?

Yes, this is the rule as you posted :
Films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.
With that, if the film is not posted, i.g., the rule is broken, then this applies:
Failure of the winning player to post films in these rounds will result in the win being awarded to that player’s opponent who must then post their films.  Failure of the opponent to post films within 24 hours of such a determination will result in the original winner being reinstated.

So how do you interpret this differently?  
And why did you edit out your rules wall of text suddenly after I pointed this out to you?  :headscratch:

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #596 on: June 23, 2011, 12:56:13 PM »

i dont have the other films, therefore i do not advance.  it goes back to krup.   there is nothing left of this matter to discuss as far as im concerned

all that happened was Krup clicked cancel.   i do it in haste all the time after i get shot.    i made sure i saved the film.   some people have issue with this.   i cannot do anything about it.   all of the film is present.    that being said, idgaf who is in what squad.   has nothing to do with the Krupnski/IrishOne duel.   i lost. i LOST!  I LOST!!!!!!!!   :bhead    

Your honesty is rewarding, as is your willingness to manipulate the rules to fit the desired outcome. Again another reason this bracket is a joke.

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #597 on: June 23, 2011, 12:57:08 PM »
Yes, this is the rule as you posted :
Films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.
With that, if the film is not posted, i.g., the rule is broken, then this applies:

So how do you interpret this differently?  
And why did you edit out your rules wall of text suddenly after I pointed this out to you?  :headscratch:

See above

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #598 on: June 23, 2011, 12:59:01 PM »
If the winner shares enough evidence to prove that he won but neglects to post his losses, should he lose? Even if the two contestants aren't disputing who the victor is? Grizz cited the rule that answers this question.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #599 on: June 23, 2011, 01:03:52 PM »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:22:57 PM by ACE »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek