Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44268 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #645 on: June 23, 2011, 04:35:24 PM »
Last time I looked there were no trees at 10K. Doesn't a deck merge kind of limit your options or is that the idea?

wrongway
Deck merge at 23 and 24 would limit your options by forcing one to fight instead of dive on merge and build up speed or one could dive away and run at 10k
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #646 on: June 23, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »
anytime bone anytime. :aok

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #647 on: June 23, 2011, 05:08:51 PM »

A purely literal interpretation would assume that the winner of that particular duel would have to post a film of said duel. As such, it would seem the rules were followed to the letter.

The only thing a film of the losing side would show is what you did wrong.

wrongway

To the letter, a winner would have to post all films of a particular round. The rules on filming pertain to an entire round, not one specific duel in that round.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:10:35 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #648 on: June 23, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »
To the letter, a winner would have to post all films of a particular round. The rules on filming pertain to an entire round, not one specific duel in that round.

Yes, and if the film of a specific round is not posted, then victory of that particular round is forfeited to the other player as long as the other player posts his film within 24 hours. 
Again, Krup "broke" a rule of not posting the film for that round, so by penalty of breaking that rule, the win goes to irish for that round since he posted his film.  Just like if you break the high sticking rule in hockey you go sit in the penalty box, you don't get ejected from the game or forfeit your lead.

TJ, read my reply here and explain why this assessment of the situation per the rules is incorrect.  This is where JekyII conceded defeat and then edited all of his previous posts that made him look like a fool.

Yes, this is the rule as you posted :
Films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.
With that, if the film is not posted, i.g., the rule is broken, then this applies:
Failure of the winning player to post films in these rounds will result in the win being awarded to that player’s opponent who must then post their films.  Failure of the opponent to post films within 24 hours of such a determination will result in the original winner being reinstated.

So how do you interpret this differently? 
And why did you edit out your rules wall of text suddenly after I pointed this out to you?  :headscratch:

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #649 on: June 23, 2011, 05:33:13 PM »
Yes, and if the film of a specific round is not posted, then victory of that particular round is forfeited to the other player as long as the other player posts his film within 24 hours. 
Again, Krup "broke" a rule of not posting the film for that round, so by penalty of breaking that rule, the win goes to irish for that round since he posted his film.  Just like if you break the high sticking rule in hockey you go sit in the penalty box, you don't get ejected from the game or forfeit your lead.

TJ, read my reply here and explain why this assessment of the situation per the rules is incorrect.  This is where JekyII conceded defeat and then edited all of his previous posts that made him look like a fool.

You know Grizz, Irish and I decided to let it die. I conceded nothing to your argument nor do I agree with it. Now you want to come on here and pull this crap after I agree with your squad mate? Talk to Irish please, it makes you look like the fool.
Yea, simply because I can

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #650 on: June 23, 2011, 05:42:45 PM »

The punishment should fit the crime.

In case one, player A shouldn't even advance yet it did anyway. He was warned, offended again in final round, still got an option to repeat the round, didn't want to, forfeited instead.

In case two, player B fails to post a film (which he lost anyways), player C posts a film within 24 hours, wins that round per rules (which he won in fair fight so or so), player B still advances because of 3 wins.

Organizer of bracket makes final decision, case closed.

"The Many" cry, yet again.

I know many players from the "Many" and individually they're all decent people. Yet when in pack, somehow they manage to poison otherwise fun events like SDL, KOTH, BE's Dueling Bracket, to name some.

How about you guys live up to the quotes you put in your signatures?

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #651 on: June 23, 2011, 05:42:59 PM »
Grizz, where we're not seeing eye to eye is on the what a "round" is. Correct me if I misunderstand, but it seems as though you feel that since Krup didn't post a film of the 190 "round", he forfeits that "round" to Irish, which gets the same result as actually happened. However, my interpretation is that the winner has to post the films of every duel in that particular round; in this case it is the quarter final "round". I believe that my definition of round is the correct one, as BE even puts "Elimination Round #", etc on the bracket itself. Therefore, if we are going by the letter of the law (which I don't feel should be necessary this time or last time) Krup should forfeit to Irish.

The punishment should fit the crime.

In case one, player A shouldn't even advance yet it did anyway. He was warned, offended again in final round, still got an option to repeat the round, didn't want to, forfeited instead.

In case two, player B fails to post a film (which he lost anyways), player C posts a film within 24 hours, wins that round per rules (which he won in fair fight so or so), player B still advances because of 3 wins.

Organizer of bracket makes final decision, case closed.

"The Many" cry, yet again.

I know many players from the "Many" and individually they're all decent people. Yet when in pack, somehow they manage to poison otherwise fun events like SDL, KOTH, BE's Dueling Bracket, to name some.

How about you guys live up to the quotes you put in your signatures?

While, you are correct that in most cases the punishment should fit the crime, the punishment is clearly laid out in the rules. Failure to post all films in these rounds, including the quarters, results in a forfeit. All films means all four of the duels. The rules do not specify particular duels can be forfeited, rather the entire round.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:03:57 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #652 on: June 23, 2011, 05:58:07 PM »
Rules are set to avoid certain things. rules are only put in place for guidelines. if HTC lived by their rules to the T then most of this thread would have
see rule #8
or what not and prolly locked.

this will not happen on the next duel. all of you that like to think you can do what ever it is you feel like on this thread will whine next dueling thread.

if you want to keep on going about this subject start a new thread
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #653 on: June 23, 2011, 06:00:26 PM »
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #654 on: June 23, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »

So let me understand you, 1, if players post films of the wins only that fits the rules? 2. if the other loser posts within 24 hours it fits the requirements for the winner posting and fits the rules? 3. Player B won fair and square however player A did not? 4. the winner advances because of 3 wins?

I just want to get your post right.

I am not many, I am one, feel free to address me instead of playing to the crowd.

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #655 on: June 23, 2011, 06:03:22 PM »
Rules are set to avoid certain things. rules are only put in place for guidelines.

Glad you cleared that up for me, who died and made you God?

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #656 on: June 23, 2011, 06:06:54 PM »
Glad you cleared that up for me, who died and made you God?

no one can replace God.

well except Slash maybe
Former LTARkilz

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #657 on: June 23, 2011, 06:08:01 PM »
So let me understand you, 1, if players post films of the wins only that fits the rules? 2. if the other loser posts within 24 hours it fits the requirements for the winner posting and fits the rules? 3. Player B won fair and square however player A did not? 4. the winner advances because of 3 wins?

I am not many, I am one, feel free to address me instead of playing to the crowd.

did you not read

even better made one for you

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,315521.0.html
Former LTARkilz

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #658 on: June 23, 2011, 06:12:09 PM »
While, you are correct that in most cases the punishment should fit the crime, the punishment is clearly laid out in the rules. Failure to post all films in these rounds, including the quarters, results in a forfeit. All films means all four of the duels. The rules do not specify particular duels can be forfeited, rather the entire round.

From the rules:
Failure of the winning player to post films in these rounds will result in the win being awarded to that player’s opponent who must then post their films.  Failure of the opponent to post films within 24 hours of such a determination will result in the original winner being reinstated. 

This can be interpreted as "win" meaning round or a duel. It's also said that when rules are open to interpretation, review committee can rule either way. BE is part of it. He ruled.

Another rule:
Any player caught breaking the rules twice in any tournament will be automatically ejected from the tournament.

This one is crystal clear.

No need to  :cry anymore.

For a one you definitely create a lot of noise.

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #659 on: June 23, 2011, 06:12:18 PM »
did you not read

Read, don't care