Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44336 times)

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #690 on: June 23, 2011, 09:10:53 PM »
'
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:58:47 PM by The Jekyll »
Yea, simply because I can

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #691 on: June 23, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »
<snip>

First of all, you mention a standard that was not met by Spek. However, no such standard exists in the rules. Secondly, you talked about Irish not posting his films. In the rules, it states that the opponent would have 24 hours to post films after a determination was made that the winner didn't post all films of a round. In this case, no such determination stating that Krup would forfeit (If Irish posted the films) was made. This is the crux of why I feel your ruling contradicts your own rules. Whether Irish would have deferred is irrelevant. Lastly, thanks for taking the time of day to respond.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #692 on: June 23, 2011, 09:14:56 PM »

I have to believe that those 99 percent of the players involved don't need or expect you to have to put even more work into this for a very few that just don't get it.

Thank you for organizing and hosting this event for the AH community

+1 to this whole quote

but just need to add this

You know the stupid thing about this.....is they do....they just want to thump...and it is sad.

<S> BE

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #693 on: June 23, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »
Don't do it BE.  If folks participating can't see your intent and trust your judgment, they should not be involved.  

While I don't participate in it, I do appreciate what you are doing for the community, hosting this thing.  And I enjoy watching the results and seeing how the majority of players handle winning and losing with respect and class.

don't rewrite anything for the minority.  They either need to adjust their understanding of what this is about, or not participate in it.

Throwing in a bloated rule book and a rules committee just adds more layers that can be complained about or used as an excuse.

I have to believe that those 99 percent of the players involved don't need or expect you to have to put even more work into this for a very few that just don't get it.

Thank you for organizing and hosting this event for the AH community
What the bomber piot said ^

You're doing fine with this BE and your effort is appreciated. Don't let the bs lead to more rules. That's more like being at work.

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #694 on: June 23, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »
When you say that standard was not met by Spek what do you mean?

would guesstimate that it was because first a review commitee member had to ask you to post films for the 1/4 finals of the last tournament. then next you did not post films or not all films of the semi finals. 3rd you again for a 2nd time had trouble trying to follow the directions of posting films for the finals. baldeagle gave you leeway, baldeagle gave you 3 to 4 chances to correct your malfunctions and to do a rematch. you insisted to not follow any warnings and continued to do it your way instead of the way everyone else has participated by the rules that were and have been set forth to follow. now you and the many few insist on continueing to barrage baldeagle and others that you was not treated fairly and that it is unjust what ended the last tournament. do you understand now
"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #695 on: June 23, 2011, 09:17:32 PM »
'
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:58:32 PM by The Jekyll »
Yea, simply because I can

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #696 on: June 23, 2011, 09:20:13 PM »
ALL OF YOU.... SHUT THE F*** UP!....

and get back to playing the game.

More of you are on the BBS right now than in the arenas....fn christ.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #697 on: June 23, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »
would guesstimate that it was because first a review commitee member had to ask you to post films for the 1/4 finals of the last tournament. then next you did not post films or not all films of the semi finals. 3rd you again for a 2nd time had trouble trying to follow the directions of posting films for the finals. baldeagle gave you leeway, baldeagle gave you 3 to 4 chances to correct your malfunctions and to do a rematch. you insisted to not follow any warnings and continued to do it your way instead of the way everyone else has participated by the rules that were and have been set forth to follow. now you and the many few insist on continueing to barrage baldeagle and others that you was not treated fairly and that it is unjust what ended the last tournament. do you understand now

Not everyone has followed the rules. That's why we're where we are now. Please read a previous post.

What do you think I've been doing for the last few pages? I'm arguing because I feel his ruling directly contradicts his own rules and his prior ruling on the subject. He held Spek accountable on this rule. Even though he offered a second chance, the rule was still enforced. In this case, it is simply being ignored. That's all there is to it. If a rematch was offered, that would be fair and consistent.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #698 on: June 23, 2011, 09:23:44 PM »
Sunbat, can I borrow your lawyers?

U can but I would be happy to offer you legal advice pro bono. Here is a sample from my extensive portfolio that proves my qualifications for a case such as this one.  :D

I would like to play out a bit of a thought experiment before the community.  Before I go any further I would like to point out that I am a member of the Muppets and a member of the AvA squad “Winning” which just so happens to have several members of the Few including DrSpek so I am once removed from being a Few member; therefore, I myself am best qualified to impartially represent both sides and make the best argument possible for both sides.  

This is a courtroom drama "thought experiment" where SunBat Muppet is going to argue against DrSpek’s being declared the winner of the tournament and SunBat Winning will argue for DrSpek being declared the winner.  Without any further adieu:

Bailiff:  All rise.

(BE enters)

Bailiff:  Be seated.  

SunBat Muppet:  Your honor, for my opening argument, I would like to point out that the rules clearly state that duels from the quaterfinals forward in your tournament shall be filmed by both parties.  Dr. Spek did not follow this rule.  He broke this rule not once but twice.  Your rules state clearly that if rules are not followed two times in the tournament it results in a DQ.  I love Grizz.  I hump his ankle.  Jeeps suck.  AoM pwns you…. 

BE:  Thank you SunBat Muppet, that will be all.  SunBat Winning, please state your case.

SunBat Winning:  :aok :D  :banana: :aok :aok

(Awkward silence.)

BE:  SunBat Winning, I feel that I must remind you that you must use actual words when you speak to the court and cannot only use emoticons.  There are more of us here than just your fellow squad mates.

SunBat Winning:  {Spoken in Thick English Accent} Oh yes, so sorry, tut, tut.  Tally Ho old boy, Bob’s your uncle and what not!  I would like some pot noodle pardon me I think I may have some in the boot of my car.  I’ll just pop out and pop back in.  Cheerio.  

BE:  SunBat Winning, please remain in the courtroom and state your case or I will be forced to declare a mistrial.  

SunBat Winning:  {Several sentences are spoken, then stricken from the record as official EDITS}  He wasn’t in F3 mode and it doesn’t say all films have to be presented.  That’s all.  

{An attempt was made to EDIT again but BE denied the request.} 

BE:  Thank you SunBat Winning.  SunBat Muppet what say you?

SunBat Muppet:  I hate Slash and the rest of my squaddies but especially Slash and I want Yenny booted.  

(Disarray breaks out in the courtroom as the Muppets get in a fight amongst themselves.  Akak and Corky can be heard in the corner scoffing at the ruckus and stating that the time the BK’s were in court was so much better.)

BE:  ORDER!  ORDER!!  What does that have to do with anything SunBat Muppet? State your case or sit down and I will give the floor to Mr. Winning.    

SunBat Muppet:  Well the rules say that all duels must be filmed so SunBat Winning’s argument is invalid.  I love Grizz.  I hump his ankle.  Jeeps suck.  AoM pwns you…. 

BE:  Thank you SunBat Muppet, that will be all.  SunBat Winning, please make your closing argument.  

SunBat Winning:  I would like to make several statements about F3 mode not being used, batfink being a hater, Krup not having nuts, I would like to restate the fact that films were presented and then edit all of those statements and then I will make my final statement a period.  

BE:  A period?

SunBat Winning:  Yes, a period.  Like this .  

BE:  Thank you, I will adjourn the court until later when I will return to make my final, final ruling.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #699 on: June 23, 2011, 09:27:53 PM »
Ah yes, I remember why I don't play anymore.  :aok

(Nothing against you BE, wish you wouldn't have to go through this for every tournament)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #700 on: June 23, 2011, 09:33:06 PM »
Wow, just when I thought the Leprechaun was killed and we could all rest from this thread... he returns....

(Image removed from quote.)
:rofl
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #701 on: June 23, 2011, 09:34:21 PM »
Ah yes, I remember why I don't play anymore.  :aok

(Nothing against you BE, wish you wouldn't have to go through this for every tournament)

Is that leprechaun makin' you read this too, fud?
AoM

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #702 on: June 23, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »
When you say that standard was not met by Spek what do you mean?

In the last tournament, after being warned about it and for the final no less, you posted one film.  Some time later you came back with a second film.  Since the round was best of five that wasn't enough to support your win.  Had you posted three winning films in that tournament I most likely would have supported your victory but you didn't meet the minimum requirement of being able to substantiate a best of five.

If Krupinski had posted two winning films and one losing film this week I would have awarded the win to IrishOne without question asking him to post all of his films but I see no reason to take Krupinsli's win from him when he did meet at least a minimum standard to prove he won the round.

I'm really not trying to break my own rules nor am I biased for or against anyone.  I'm only trying to be fair using common sense.  I really did feel bad about the way the last tournament ended and tried my hardest to bring it to a successful conclusion without having to rule on it.

We also have a noon Sunday deadline to get fights in but I routinely grant extensions if I feel it's in the best interest of the tournament.  I'm sure that will be another issue in the future but more people benefit by it so few complain about it.

As I've always said, I'm absolutely impartial in my decisions and I'll always try my hardest to be fair and to provide as much leeway as I can but sometimes a line has to be drawn in the sand.  I'd like to point out that I even sided against myself to the review committee in my fights with Ink a few tournaments ago.  I will work with every player, even if I bend a rule slightly to do so, until it becomes a detriment to the tournament.  If I always followed the letter of the rules half of every round would be forfeits.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:07:34 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #703 on: June 23, 2011, 10:09:03 PM »
If you're going to add rules to the event, add this one.

Any unsportsmanlike conduct, or arguing rules with Baldeagle or his team of judges, will be grounds for immediate removal from the event and possible future events.

I'm betting you won't see many more dead horse beating contests, if you do, Skuzzy can ban them from the forums for the remainder of the event as well.

edit: thinking about it, how come Baldeagle hasn't been offered a CM spot? He designed, manages, and runs an event that keeps lots (ok, MOST) players happy.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:13:50 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #704 on: June 23, 2011, 10:12:24 PM »
If you're going to add rules to the event, add this one.

Any unsportsmanlike conduct, or arguing rules with Baldeagle or his team of judges, will be grounds for immediate removal from the event and possible future events.

I'm betting you won't see many more dead horse beating contests, if you do, Skuzzy can ban them from the forums for the remainder of the event as well.

Yep.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC