Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44234 times)

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #705 on: June 23, 2011, 10:13:31 PM »

I'm really not trying to break my own rules nor am I biased for or against anyone.  I'm only trying to be fair using common sense.  I really did feel bad about the way the last tournament ended and tried my hardest to bring it to a successful conclusion without having to rule on it.

Don't feel bad, nobody forced Spek to cop out of the rematch making it the first ever round decided by technical DQ in the nearly three years of your fabulous creation.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #706 on: June 23, 2011, 10:20:43 PM »
If you're going to add rules to the event, add this one.

Any unsportsmanlike conduct, or arguing rules with Baldeagle or his team of judges, will be grounds for immediate removal from the event and possible future events.

I'm betting you won't see many more dead horse beating contests, if you do, Skuzzy can ban them from the forums for the remainder of the event as well.

No need to use Gestapo like tactics when running this tourney. While I still don't agree with his ruling, he's explained it and that does more than just kicking everyone involved at the drop of a hat, imo.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #707 on: June 23, 2011, 10:23:43 PM »
No need to use Gestapo like tactics when running this tourney. While I still don't agree with his ruling, he's explained it and that does more than just kicking everyone involved at the drop of a hat, imo.

Three Tourney's in a row......either the "Elite" are not that Elite.   Or yes, a "follow the rules or GTFO" rule should be implemented.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #708 on: June 23, 2011, 10:24:29 PM »
Lots of leprechauns holding players whom have never participated in this thing hostage.  :D

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #709 on: June 23, 2011, 10:26:15 PM »

Don't feel bad, nobody forced Spek to cop out of the rematch making it the first ever round decided by technical DQ in the nearly three years of your fabulous creation.

Cop out?  I beat him fair the first time.  No need for a rematch I felt that I was cheated out of the win but the past is the past and this is a game..

*this is no offense to BE he had to make a decision and he does a fine job at this tourney- end of edit
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #710 on: June 23, 2011, 10:27:34 PM »
In the last tournament, after being warned about it and for the final no less, you posted one film.  Some time later you came back with a second film.  Since the round was best of five that wasn't enough to support your win.  Had you posted three winning films in that tournament I most likely would have supported your victory but you didn't meet the minimum requirement of being able to substantiate a best of five.

If Krupinski had posted two winning films and one losing film this week I would have awarded the win to IrishOne without question asking him to post all of his films but I see no reason to take Krupinsli's win from him when he did meet at least a minimum standard to prove he won the round.

I'm really not trying to break my own rules nor am I biased for or against anyone.  I'm only trying to be fair using common sense.  I really did feel bad about the way the last tournament ended and tried my hardest to bring it to a successful conclusion without having to rule on it.

We also have a noon Sunday deadline to get fights in but I routinely grant extensions if I feel it's in the best interest of the tournament.  I'm sure that will be another issue in the future but more people benefit by it so few complain about it.

As I've always said, I'm absolutely impartial in my decisions and I'll always try my hardest to be fair and to provide as much leeway as I can but sometimes a line has to be drawn in the sand.  I'd like to point out that I even sided against myself to the review committee in my fights with Ink a few tournaments ago.  I will work with every player, even if I bend a rule slightly to do so, until it becomes a detriment to the tournament.  If I always followed the letter of the rules half of every round would be forfeits.

BE is fair and using good judgement.  It is the fights and the resolution of who won them and proof thereof that is the intent.  This tournament should be about who the best fighter is, not who is the best rule manipulator / interpreter.  Krup obviously won his and could prove it.  DrSpec didn't obviously win since he couldn't provide the proof.  Seems simple to me and you can't get a better judge on this than BE from what I'm seeing.

:salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #711 on: June 23, 2011, 10:29:38 PM »
OK BE put it this way at the top of the rules:

"Participation in this Tournament is voluntary.  My organizing and running of this Tournament is also voluntary.  This was done as a way to give something back to Aces High and the community of players.  That being said, part of my putting the time and effort into this, also places me in the position of making the final call on what goes on within the Tournament.   If you are uncomfortable with this, I suggest you do not participate.  There is an expectation of respect and fair play on each of the participants.  I can promise you that is what you will get from me as organizer of this event.  If you cannot accept these expectations, it would be in your best interest not to participate.  Remember it's a game and we're here to test our skills against each other and have fun."

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #712 on: June 23, 2011, 10:32:44 PM »
Three Tourney's in a row......either the "Elite" are not that Elite.   Or yes, a "follow the rules or GTFO" rule should be implemented.   

IIRC, the Fifth one was with me and Grizz and was a good experience for all. There was some banter, but no rule complaints, etc. In the last tourney there was a dispute about a rule that ended in a ruling by BE. In this instance, there was also a ruling that, imo, contradicted his last. I didn't start the fire, but I definately fanned the flames. BE came in, explained his decision, and hopefully will end this once and for all. The whole thing escalated in both instances because of squaddies sticking up for other squaddies. I think it has less to do with an elitist mentality and more to do with loyalty than anything else. Therefore, I think BE handling it maturely is much better than the GTFO policy.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #713 on: June 23, 2011, 10:36:50 PM »
IIRC, the Fifth one was with me and Grizz and was a good experience for all. There was some banter, but no rule complaints, etc. In the last tourney there was a dispute about a rule that ended in a ruling by BE. In this instance, there was also a ruling that, imo, contradicted his last. I didn't start the fire, but I definately fanned the flames. BE came in, explained his decision, and hopefully will end this once and for all. The whole thing escalated in both instances because of squaddies sticking up for other squaddies. I think it has less to do with an elitist mentality and more to do with loyalty than anything else. Therefore, I think BE handling it maturely is much better than the GTFO policy.

Man, its some evil leprechaun. It got TJ too

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #714 on: June 23, 2011, 10:45:18 PM »

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #715 on: June 23, 2011, 10:50:27 PM »
This will be my last post here that doesnt involve congratulating a pair for fighting....

Cop out?  I beat him fair the first time.  No need for a rematch I felt that I was cheated out of the win but the past is the past and this is a game..

Being DQ'ed is worse than having to rematch. All you did was drape even more suspision around yourself by not accepting a rematch.

With all due respect, and I do respect you, that is a very childish form of loyalty Joey. My Squad are all incredibly loyal to each other, yet when one of us gets in a heated debate on the forums the rest do not pile in. Firstly because we are mature adults who respect each others ability to fight out own battles and secondly because our loyalty to each other is not required to be publicised to feel valuable. I think you will find that dog pilling onto each other's arguements is just about the most immature concept of loyalty one could aspire to.

Over and Out.... *click*
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #716 on: June 23, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Thats why we threw you in the trash...  :neener:

... or was it the leprechaun that did... and now you need attention to get help out?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:52:56 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #717 on: June 23, 2011, 10:51:33 PM »

The "Squaddies sticking up for the Squaddies" aspect is the biggest issue so far.  Even the "Wtg's", just stop doing it altogether.   Use your Squad Forums for back-slapping.    Keep the "Tourney Thread", clean, crisp and concise.  

Tony, the "chest thumping" meter was broken about 20 pages ago in this thread.    It is implied with most of the posts, even you're not this naive.  

But honestly, it appears some cannot follow simple rules and have done it a couple of times (not directed at one person either).    It is really simple, either follow the rules of don't sign up.   If you want to "try and see how much you can bend the rules, or see how much ground you can take", don't sign up.   But damn, that Name in Lights is a tough thing to ignore.  

I was on the Review Committee for a couple of these.   The same people, the same issues.    Sooner or later, you have to cut your losses and move on without them.    This is not that difficult of a concept to grasp and will result in a more smooth Tourney.    My point?   BE shouldn't have to make a "decision".   The participants should just follow the guidelines/rules and tow their line.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #718 on: June 23, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »
This will be my last post here that doesnt involve congratulating a pair for fighting....
Being DQ'ed is worse than having to rematch. All you did was drape even more suspision around yourself by not accepting a rematch.

With all due respect, and I do respect you, that is a very childish form of loyalty Joey. My Squad are all incredibly loyal to each other, yet when one of us gets in a heated debate on the forums the rest do not pile in. Firstly because we are mature adults who respect each others ability to fight out own battles and secondly because our loyalty to each other is not required to be publicised to feel valuable. I think you will find that dog pilling onto each other's arguements is just about the most immature concept of loyalty one could aspire to.
Over and Out.... *click*

I'm definately advocating it, just analysing it; both sides are guilty of it, no doubt.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #719 on: June 23, 2011, 10:56:51 PM »

Over and Out.... *click*

Bat claimed to be a mature adult!  Who is he kidding? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters