Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44218 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #720 on: June 23, 2011, 10:58:56 PM »
"I'm going to go embarrass myself with goose"
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #721 on: June 23, 2011, 11:01:21 PM »
 Corky :D
good fights Lepape and Suns!

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #722 on: June 23, 2011, 11:06:10 PM »
Grizz,

When are you going to make more trading cards for the FPH's? :x

This thread sucks
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #723 on: June 23, 2011, 11:08:30 PM »

This thread sucks
These last 2 tournament threads have been HA-larious  :lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #724 on: June 23, 2011, 11:58:04 PM »
well with the 30 pages of nothing has there been any other matches completed yet?
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #725 on: June 24, 2011, 05:05:55 AM »
As Perv said earlier in this tread, more rules will just complicate things.
They need to be stripped down

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #726 on: June 24, 2011, 09:32:21 AM »
3/5 > 1/5 maybe 2/5. 3/5 = majority.

It boils down to just that for me.

And this is coming from the guy who thinks krup is the football and sunbat is the monkey, if anyone is familiar with that video.  :D

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #727 on: June 24, 2011, 12:43:30 PM »
I just took a snapshot of the leprechaun in my living room, questions?
(Image removed from quote.)

Me likey.  :D
Who is John Galt?

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #728 on: June 24, 2011, 02:57:34 PM »
Did not BE who organizes this thing ask folks to stop 8-9 pages ago?
Let it go gents.  As mentioned, you are all cartoon legends.  Who cares?  Since Irish doesn't care in particular, why continue the debate?

How about appreciating that BE set it up, and that 99.9 percent of the participants are enjoying themselves, and aren't basing their real world self esteem on this thing and move on?

You don't like how BE is running the thing then don't participate.  It seems to never fail that when someone in the community takes time to put some energy into trying to do something different, and for the community, that a small segment of that same community will go out of their way to find fault with it  or whine about it.  Shut up and play, or don't play as the case may be.

Your post pretty much sums up why I was drunkinly contently feeding Irish in his spixteen various random airicraft late one night this week (all in fighter sortie as that's all I fly, I'm too lazy to game for score).  I was having fun, not often you fight spixteens that are piloted by someone that knows what the heck they're doing, pretty sure he was out there doing the same after a bad week or spending too much time reading this thread.  Everyone here needs to lighten up and enjor the game, if you don't have enough to worry about in your lives then consider yourselves lucky and stop spitting in everyone's soup.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #729 on: June 24, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
If you're going to add rules to the event, add this one.

Any unsportsmanlike conduct, or arguing rules with Baldeagle or his team of judges, will be grounds for immediate removal from the event and possible future events.

<snip>

Boy, where does that sound familiar (too bad most of you, including all members of the phew, don't have access to the SDL O'Club).  Thankfuly one of their own members can't edit-out it here in this forum as I know it has been brought to their attention before and it must awfuly sting to a group of such competitive egotistical maniacs.  Might as well just blanket ban The Few from participation and save BE the effort as this is obviously a recouring issue causing needless arguments and spoiling of the entire barrel of apples.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:17:18 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #730 on: June 24, 2011, 03:13:47 PM »
Way to generalise a whole squad for the actions of ahem...a Few.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #731 on: June 24, 2011, 03:16:44 PM »
Ah, why not, it's Friday, and since I think it was heavily ignored and not addressed when brought ot the attention of their squad and could of maybe saved everyone here in this thread 50 pages of headaches:

the POTW is officially withdrawing from any participation with the official Aces High Squadron Dueling League, effective immediately.  I doubt further explanation is required or needed.

To those of you who exemplified all the good this league had to offer the community and its members, the POTW and myself wish you fair skys and strong tailwinds, please feel free to message us for any friendly fun unofficial squad bouts any of you may wish to have with us.  Thank you all for your time and the good memories had by our squad and its participants from this league.

-Babalon
Acting CO POTW IIIw

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 23:09:17 by Bruv119 »

My original draft unedited:
Due to recent devolutions and a heavily growing internal opinion on the lacking of a strong foundation or heritage of legitimacy and honorable sportsmanship amongst other involved participants and authorities, the POTW is officially withdrawing from any participation with the official Aces High Squadron Dueling League, effective immediately.  I doubt further explanation is required or needed.

To those of you who exemplified all the good this league had to offer the community and its members, the POTW and myself wish you fair skys and strong tailwinds, please feel free to message us for any friendly fun unofficial squad bouts any of you may wish to have with us.  Thank you all for your time and the good memories had by our squad and its participants from this league.

-Babalon
Acting CO POTW IIIw

:cheers:  :bolt:

Edit: forgot to add my favorite part in the first quote - "« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 23:09:17 by Bruv119 »"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:27:35 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #732 on: June 24, 2011, 03:49:49 PM »
Way to generalise a whole squad for the actions of ahem...a Few.

Wurz
We are here to be liked in a GAME gwurzel!  :rock :rock
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #733 on: June 24, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »
wow, you guys need help.  Officially withdrawing?  You think people knew or cared if you were in it?  WTH is up with everyone trying to talk fake WWII pilot language? (fair skys, tail winds, etc).  Seriously?  Does anyone here have a clue they are playing a video game?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #734 on: June 24, 2011, 04:41:14 PM »
wow, you guys need help.  Officially withdrawing?  You think people knew or cared if you were in it?  WTH is up with everyone trying to talk fake WWII pilot language? (fair skys, tail winds, etc).  Seriously?  Does anyone here have a clue they are playing a video game?

Most do not.

JUGgler
Army of Muppets