Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44168 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #735 on: June 24, 2011, 04:50:15 PM »
wow, you guys need help.  Officially withdrawing?  You think people knew or cared if you were in it?  WTH is up with everyone trying to talk fake WWII pilot language? (fair skys, tail winds, etc).  Seriously?  Does anyone here have a clue they are playing a video game?

We do Ded, that was posted over three months ago, in an attemt to concisely and clearly without any vitrol end a matter spiraling out of control in the AH community, similar to this one.  It was the POTW responce to the Squad Dueling Bracket for Waystin already trying to alleviate major unrest and discontent in the community and our own squad over questionable practices by the phew, it was the result of a series of events and conversations that, once again, involved the community calling out questionable behavior and action of the phew in a forum thread and it sprialing out of control in flames, resulting in someone from the phew reporting the thread and getting it locked and a number of the people trying raise a genuine concern and trying to get the phew to accept responciblity for their actions banned from the forum for almost a week.

The final result being we withdrew (with that post) and left the purse fight, as you have pointed out Dedalos, long ago realizing it's just a game and trying to point that out the the phew but only getting those that tried to raise the issue banned from the forum by Skuzzy for flamming and publicly airing cheat alegations in the direction of the phew.  We can still have organized squad duels with those wanting to have the fun without getting the phew involved as participants.  I'm sorry if it's language was too much for you to comprehend or address, it was meant to be unflamatory and consise and unrebutable, so no surprise someone would try and find another means of undermining it, like with your post by assuming we were too serious or obsessed.  But if you want to keep undermining BE's hard work Dedalos, keep talking.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:19:05 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #736 on: June 24, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »

Most do not.

JUGgler

I'd disagree with you on that one JUG.  I think most do, but there are a definite few who believe that being a cartoon fighter pilot god, really means something :)

In time they'll hopefully grow out of it.  If they don't, they'll burn out and be gone anyway
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #737 on: June 24, 2011, 04:54:47 PM »
We are here to be liked in a GAME gwurzel!  :rock :rock

putz

you have no clue as to what Honor is.....too bad Wurz and other members have to carry around the rep you guys are giving them.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:47:49 PM by ink »

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #738 on: June 24, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »
putz

you have no clue as to what Honor is.....too bad Wurz has to carry around the rep you guys are giving him.

:cheers:
Strokes

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #740 on: June 24, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »
 Ink +1 to the forgotten honor,  Corky you're spot on with that assessment, now tonight i'll be flying and doing my usual bait for the squad lol see ya in there  :salute  

Ace good flying last night.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 06:21:09 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #741 on: June 24, 2011, 06:35:31 PM »
Ink +1 to the forgotten honor,  Corky you're spot on with that assessment, now tonight i'll be flying and doing my usual bait for the squad lol see ya in there  :salute 

Ace good flying last night.

:salute
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #742 on: June 24, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »
banned from the forum by Skuzzy for flamming and publicly airing cheat alegations in the direction of the phew. 
We can still have organized squad duels with those wanting to have the fun without getting the phew involved as participants. 
I picked out a few things in particular;

Cheat allegations + Flaming...  no wonder > Disregard for Forum Rules + the Skuzzinator = Persona Non Grata

Exclusion of TheFew... Perhaps a little spineless, and heavily reliant on TheFew flying for sadistic pleasure rather than fun, but I agree with the agenda/sentiment on the grounds that like The AoM they have some good competetive toon pilots. Perhaps you might want to include tha AoM in your exclusion? AoM being just as forum vocal and competetive, going on your logic that must mean they don't fly AH for fun.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #743 on: June 24, 2011, 08:00:20 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:25:06 PM by Skuzzy »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #744 on: June 24, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #745 on: June 24, 2011, 08:05:08 PM »
<snip>

Did you happen to be sleeping during the last tournament?

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #746 on: June 24, 2011, 08:06:49 PM »

Did you happen to be one of the minority that didn't pay attention to any of the rules posted by BE in his last tourney on page 1 until after the !@#$ hit the fan?
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #747 on: June 24, 2011, 08:07:45 PM »
I am self harming right now

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #748 on: June 24, 2011, 08:08:59 PM »
Did you happen to be one of the minority that didn't pay attention to any of the rules posted by BE in his last tourney on page 1 until after the !@#$ hit the fan?

In this tourney, do you feel as though Krup followed the rules?

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #749 on: June 24, 2011, 08:15:48 PM »

What? Krup wasn't even a muppet then and I was the main contributor but I made it clear that it was all in fun. Spek, Kazaa and Pervert, the main posters at the time knew that and we all had good laughs. Don't tell me that's been festering in you all and that is why your logic and reason is clouded. Please, don't tell me that. Please.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla