Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44117 times)

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #765 on: June 24, 2011, 08:45:06 PM »
I believe, to be fair and consistent, Krup should have been issued a warning aknowledging that the rules were broken, and that is only fair and within the rules to ask for.

well it is not like your squadmate jekyll and bunch of other many few members gave baldeagle an opportunity since ya'll plastered 10 plus pages the first time before baldeagle got home to respond and then have blasted this thread another 15 to 20 pages after baldeagle spoke the first time on the matter before he replyed again and now the many few have went and plastered another 4 to 5 pages or more after baldeagle posted a third time. so it must not matter what his ruling or decision is, it will never satisfy you many few.  and how do you know if krupnski received a warning or not via private message, you dont know because it does not concern you
"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #766 on: June 24, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
What sticks with me is why Babalonian is bashing the "phew". In this case, I think he's off base. Spek lost the win because this technicality was brought up. The win isn't disputed in either case. Everyone knows Spek won then, and Krup won now. However, when he's punished for not following a rule, the "phew" should not be bashed for asking for that same rule to go both ways. In that way, I think Bab is mistaken.

And I think you are mistaken for defending that Spek rightfuly had a right to even participate in the tournament after he failed to be capable of complying with the rules posted at the begining of the tourney, and after a second warning was issued to him to comply AFTER already being given one waiver and warning by BE.  

Also mistaken is this belief that the technicality was even brought up by Krup, in fact he conceded the victory, but due to straight-up fact that the mistake started when a competitior unable to comply with the rules signed up to particiapate happened (and it wasn't Krup), and the competitior directly disregarded their given warning while also achnowledging being waived on a special occasion of the rule already once.

Then there is their blatant abuse of the KOTH that lead to even further degredation of this issue and the phews unsportsmanlike reputation, that resulted in many of those who brought the issue to light getting suspended, and at least on the pigs behalf resulting in our withdrawl from any participation in the SDL and calling out the phew's shortcommings that Bruv edited anyways.

And now, this.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #767 on: June 24, 2011, 08:45:38 PM »
one day I wanna make fun of people over the net, teach me :)

Darling, we would not have it.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #768 on: June 24, 2011, 08:46:25 PM »
well it is not like your squadmate jekyll and bunch of other many few members gave baldeagle an opportunity since ya'll plastered 10 plus pages the first time before baldeagle got home to respond and then have blasted this thread another 15 to 20 pages after baldeagle spoke the first time on the matter before he replyed again and now the many few have went and plastered another 4 to 5 pages or more after baldeagle posted a third time. so it must not matter what his ruling or decision is, it will never satisfy you many few.  and how do you know if krupnski received a warning or not via private message, you dont know because it does not concern you
Shade up much. Dont be afraid to show yourself  :)
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #769 on: June 24, 2011, 08:49:41 PM »

And I think you are mistaken for defending that Spek rightfuly had a right to even participate in the tournament after he failed to be capable of complying with the rules posted at the begining of the tourney, and after a second warning was issued to him to comply AFTER already being given one waiver and warning by BE.  

Also mistaken is this belief that the technicality was even brought up by Krup, in fact he conceded the victory, but due to straight-up fact that the mistake started when a competitior unable to comply with the rules signed up to particiapate happened (and it wasn't Krup), and the competitior directly disregarded their given warning while also achnowledging being waived on a special occasion of the rule already once.

Then there is their blatant abuse of the KOTH that lead to even further degredation of this issue and the phews unsportsmanlike reputation, that resulted in many of those who brought the issue to light getting suspended, and at least on the pigs behalf resulting in our withdrawl from any participation in the SDL and calling out the phew's shortcommings that Bruv edited anyways.

And now, this.
Read my sig.  ;)
=The Damned=
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #770 on: June 24, 2011, 08:51:38 PM »

If you take the time to actually read some of what has occurred over the past few pages, the ruling has been accepted. What is being argued at this point is the accusations against the "phew".

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #771 on: June 24, 2011, 08:54:16 PM »
Shade up much. Dont be afraid to show yourself  :)

is that the best you can come back with? i was flying the other night around lcadolby, shuffler, and others, talking on local range why do you assume I am a shade or I am hiding?

tonyjoey i have not accused the few of anything have i? or maybe i have to many pages of ridiculous b s to go drift through
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:56:42 PM by MoJoRiZn »
"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #772 on: June 24, 2011, 08:56:35 PM »
is that the best you can come back with? i was flying the other night around lcadolby, shuffler, and others, talking on local range why do you assume I am a shade or I am hiding?

Well lets see only a few posts of BS and Ignorance. I would say another clueless baby seal  ;)
=The Damned=

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #773 on: June 24, 2011, 09:00:23 PM »
<snip>

Unfortunately, Spek's eligibility in the tourney was never disputed. He was giving a fair warning for breaking the rules. In the case of Spek, all parties affiliated to the duelers didn't sit on their hands and let BE rule as you seem to indicate. Instead, the issue was magnified to the point where BE could not ignore it. In my opinion, this amplification of a technicality that has no bearing on the results is where sportsmanship was thrown out of the window. If you want to go by the letter of the law, that is okay. However, don't throw out baseless accusations when another side wishes to bring an infraction of the same rule to the attention of BE, and for a similar consequence to be handed out.
     As for KOTH, what specific occurances have led you to believe that the "phew" consistently abuse the rules?

EDIT: Mojo, I didn't imply that it was you that was making the accusations, so I apologize if I came off in that manner.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #774 on: June 24, 2011, 09:05:03 PM »
i was flying the other night around lcadolby, shuffler, and others, talking on local range

I did a lot of squelching yesterday Limbo and his tormenter was two... I find it difficult to hear range over my music and selective hearing.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #775 on: June 24, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
Something I'd like a few of you to consider.  You can't demand people's respect.  You can't talk them into respecting you.  And sometimes the more you talk, the more foolish you look.  In the end, you do represent the people you fly with.  Knowing when to stop talking can be a very effective weapon at times.

I've said it a few times already.  You are all cartoon legends.  Who cares.  Relax.  Have fun.  Quit believing being a cartoon hero makes you anything more then that.  Most of you will be gone sooner then later.  The few that stick around, will figure out the friends they make and the fun they can have, is far more important.

Also keep in mind that the squads that survive are those who figure out the above sooner then later.

Sorry BE that a few folks continue to rain on something good that you've done.  I trust that you know that the many who aren't continuing to try and justify things, appreciate the hard work you've put in to this tournament for them.

With that, I'm out.  
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #776 on: June 24, 2011, 09:12:59 PM »
Something I'd like a few of you to consider.  You can't demand people's respect.  You can't talk them into respecting you.  And sometimes the more you talk, the more foolish you look.  In the end, you do represent the people you fly with.  Knowing when to stop talking can be a very effective weapon at times.

I've said it a few times already.  You are all cartoon legends.  Who cares.  Relax.  Have fun.  Quit believing being a cartoon hero makes you anything more then that.  Most of you will be gone sooner then later.  The few that stick around, will figure out the friends they make and the fun they can have, is far more important.

Also keep in mind that the squads that survive are those who figure out the above sooner then later.

Sorry BE that a few folks continue to rain on something good that you've done.  I trust that you know that the many who aren't continuing to try and justify things, appreciate the hard work you've put in to this tournament for them.

With that, I'm out.  
I Understand everything you said and Agree with it all.
=The Damned=

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #777 on: June 24, 2011, 09:16:32 PM »
PM sent Guppy :salute

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #778 on: June 24, 2011, 09:42:39 PM »

Majorizn, you point to one place where I ever said Krup didn't win the match? Point to one place where I said Krup didn't deserve the win. Point to one place where i ask the fight to be overturned. I never did in fact I stated several times that Krup deserved the win and i won't want to see it overturned. That is where so many have missed the whole argument because they are so quick to jump on the "look at me wagon" without ever taking a second to look at the issue I raised. Simply this; the rule that caused the whole thing should be removed. In fact the rule i pointed too affected the Few the same as it could have affected Krup so how in the world can the argument be for or against any squad or in defense of the Few?

Krup fought a good fight and deserved the win he is a heck of a player, I will say it again. But one thing for you and others to consider about this rule I ask to be looked at and removed is this; what happens if Krup has another failure in the next round and doesn't have film? As Kilz was so eager to point out to me, the rule is "Crystal" clear that two failures to follow the rules disqualifies you? Now I ask you; how stupid is that that someone could be disqualified for something as stupid as a accidentally hitting the cancel key, or a computer failure after fighting a great match? Why is it so important that any player has to be so darn worried about "filming" the match instead of worrying about fighting well and having a good time?

I plastered 10 pages because no one took a second to look at the issue I posted but decided because I am in a certain squad that the best and most popular thing to do is berate me instead so i defended myself. Admittedly in doing so I lost sight of the one thing i was trying to argue against and that is the stupid rule of having to film and turn in "all" films or risk losing the duel.

Yes BE tried to be fair, but by default fair is biased, like it or not. When you have to defend your position (I.E. BE) no matter how good you are your going to seem unfair to someone. Remove the rule and you remove the need to be "fair" and even go down that path. Two of seven matches have had this stupid debate because of this rule. I mean come on what does this rule really gain, for our viewing pleasure? With the rule any player risk losing the bracket for a stupid mistake or a computer malfunction. Without the rule at worst the player doesn't have film to defend their position (if they didn't film it) and they possibly lose. Which is the better option?

Krupinski, hats off to you for even sticking through all this bickering and BS. And hats off to BE for doing the same. But if anyone wants to attack me then do so on the merits of my argument, not simply because of the squad I'm in. For goodness sake, take a second to actually read what the heck my argument even was.
Yea, simply because I can

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #779 on: June 24, 2011, 10:22:37 PM »
Boy, where does that sound familiar (too bad most of you, including all members of the phew, don't have access to the SDL O'Club).  Thankfuly one of their own members can't edit-out it here in this forum as I know it has been brought to their attention before and it must awfuly sting to a group of such competitive egotistical maniacs.  Might as well just blanket ban The Few from participation and save BE the effort as this is obviously a recouring issue causing needless arguments and spoiling of the entire barrel of apples.

Nob