Author Topic: unperk the spit14  (Read 3340 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Re: unperk the spit14
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2011, 04:33:09 PM »
Unperk everything for a tour or two, then perk by k/d AND kills per hour.

lol...this ^^  except jets....
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2011, 06:19:58 PM »
All from this learned debat go to the DA lake. Up the XIV 25-50% fuel and stay below 10k. Fly minimum 5 sortie to get used to the ride while testing it to form an opinion of it's MA standard fight capabilities against the lake hoards. Then opine back here from that current perspective. We all know you can use the XIV to fly timid and survive as well as in the K4 by exercising thier strengths. In the MA that means landing 2 kills or less for the average player every other sortie or so. How many will be able to slug it out XVI, La7, NIK2, P38J and KI84 style below 8k against hoards? Otherwise they just become another irritating Poni picker dweeb with littel effect.

Unperking it will create another legendary obnoxious ride like the K4 in LWMA. It will become the counterpart 1337 ride to the K4 with the attendant snobbery and rivalries. It will never become a destabalising force because it takes as much real time effort to fly masterfully as the K4. Unperked a handfull of players will make it their ride dejour account for 98% of the preceived uberness whines surrounding it like the K4 currently engenders. The danger might be in the muppets making it a "tour de force" in their stable along side of the K4 and 262. A whole new generation of forum whines and/or an effective challenge to the K4 "der Übermensch". It might be good for spicing up the (spitty...lufty) rivalrys in the LWMA.

Honestly how many general players will have the same problems flying the XIV as they have with the K4 with the libraries of info on this forum most of them ignore? How many of you taking part in this discussion have any real problems defending against and defeating the few XIV you run across in the LWMA? The last one that chased my P51D ripped his wings off near the deck pulling up with me at over 450 because I wanted to see if I could get him to do that.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2011, 06:51:51 PM »
Can anyone at HTC give us some input? is there any chance of this happening in the future?
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »
Can anyone at HTC give us some input? is there any chance of this happening in the future?

They likely will not reply and forget about this wish in a day.  You have to bait them into a reply by mildly attacking them.  Much to learn padawan.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »
Bait them at the end of the month just before your next subscription payment is due. Grizz will school ya anyway he can to get a laugh from the inexperienced.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2011, 09:11:32 PM »
They likely will not reply and forget about this wish in a day.  You have to bait them into a reply by mildly attacking them.  Much to learn padawan.

Isn't that spelled "Paduan"? And what do the Italians have to do with it?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2011, 11:19:19 PM »
Isn't that spelled "Paduan"? And what do the Italians have to do with it?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=padawan

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2011, 08:35:35 AM »
Why?  It not only is massively outperformed by all other perk aircraft in actual outcomes, it is unique in being a per aircraft that is out performed by some free aircraft.

I find it funny that people will get a chorus of agreement that the F4U-1C should be unperked, but suggesting that for the Spitfire Mk XIV which sees much less use to much less effect gets a much more mixed response.

The only way that one can advocate the Spitfire Mk XIV remain perked and not be a hypocrite would be to advocate the perking of a significant number of other aircraft, such as the Bf109K-4, Fw190D-9, Ki-84, P-47M, P-47N, P-51D, Spitfire Mk XVI, Typhoon Mk I, Ta152H-1 and possibly the Bf109G-14 and N1K2-J as well.
maybe its just me then. i seem to have much more luck in the Spit14 over most aircraft excluding my main rides
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2011, 10:22:57 AM »
maybe its just me then. i seem to have much more luck in the Spit14 over most aircraft excluding my main rides
Noone said the spit14 is a crappy aircraft. If used well, it can own everything, at every altitude. But see my point, the K-4 can do the same or more under 25K, the La-7 can do much more under 10K. Even the G-14 can get close to it up to 14-15K. There must be a reason, why the spit14 is the least used perk plane: some unperked rides can do what it can "at tipical MA altitudes", and who wanna up a fragile perk ride to chase bombers above 27K?
AoM
City of ice

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2011, 03:57:34 PM »
LOL, who thinks the C-Hog should be unperked? Its not exactly the uber-plane, but it'll be almost the only Hog seen in the sky if its unperked.

Probably MORE planes should be perked, I go along with unperking the spit14 because its ludicrous to perk the poor twitching thing when SpitXVIs and La7s go unperked.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2011, 03:59:59 PM »
The only way that one can advocate the Spitfire Mk XIV remain perked and not be a hypocrite would be to advocate the perking of a significant number of other aircraft, such as the Bf109K-4, Fw190D-9, Ki-84, P-47M, P-47N, P-51D, Spitfire Mk XVI, Typhoon Mk I, Ta152H-1 and possibly the Bf109G-14 and N1K2-J as well.

Leave the unmaneuverable Typhoon, the bog-slow N1K, and the not very exceptional G-14 off this list, toss in the La7, and I'd say you have a capital idea there Karnak!  :rock

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2011, 05:50:21 PM »
Yeah, I realized I forgot the La-7 about an hour after making the post.   :P
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2011, 07:34:43 AM »
Bustr, the Sp14 turns twice as tight as a K4, and the guns are 3 times easier to hit with.  I'd say perk the K4 if it turned like a spit 9 (as the sp14 does)
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »
Bustr, the Sp14 turns twice as tight as a K4,

So you have tested and measured it? Or where did you get this number from?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:10 AM »

So you have tested and measured it? Or where did you get this number from?
OK, so Americans might not always be perfectly precise in our words, such as saying "turns twice as tight" but really meaning "turns way better" and ect. :D Feel free to make a graph on the 2 planes though, I always enjoy those, quite informative!
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.