Author Topic: Frustration...  (Read 3145 times)

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
Frustration...
« on: June 04, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »
6:30 on a Saturday evening.

Orange- 80/300 with rook eny in the 25+ range and very few fights to be had.
Blue- 200/200

It's been like this for about an hour now.  I know I could switch countries to solve the eny issue, but due to low numbers, there really isn't much at all going on in Orange.  I upped Lancs to burn some time until more people logged on, but after about an hour flying over enemy territory and only seeing 3 planes, I bombed some stuff, got shot down, and logged off.  I'm betting that alot of folks log on, see these types of numbers and just log off again.  In this situation, it'll take most of the evening to populate Orange to the point that Blue will open up.  I've been seeing alot more of this situation as of late, and have finally come to the point where I agree with the "one LW arena on the weekends" crowd.  We just don't have the numbers to support two balanced arenas right now.  

Rant over, we'll now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

:salute
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Re: Frustration...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:03:15 PM »
Right behind you buddy. I just logged off  for the same reason.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:09:06 PM »

On the other hand, rooks have perk bonus 1.43 in blue... but no fights either ;)

This just boosts my belief that at the current level two capped arenas aren't really necessary at the moment anymore. Add the two arena populations together and a large map is still not being particularly "overcrowded" ;)

Remember, for a long time after the split we did have those combined numbers in each of the LW arenas...  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:11:37 PM »
I saw blue was full so i logged into orange tonight, flew around shot at a couple planes and then the mini fight died.  Map was completely dry so I went and tried to get into blue for about 10 minutes.  I gave up and logged off.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »
On the other hand, rooks have perk bonus 1.43 in blue... but no fights either ;)

This just boosts my belief that at the current level two capped arenas aren't really necessary at the moment anymore. Add the two arena populations together and a large map is still not being particularly "overcrowded" ;)

Remember, for a long time after the split we did have those combined numbers in each of the LW arenas...  :old:

Yes lusche, but splitting arenas creates more subscriptions! End of story <plugs ears> LALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU. 

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 08:26:53 PM »
Yes lusche, but splitting arenas creates more subscriptions! End of story <plugs ears> LALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU. 

:rofl
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 08:29:55 PM »

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 10:14:10 PM »

Blue- 200/200

It's been like this for about an hour now.  I know I could switch countries to solve the eny issue, but due to low numbers, there really isn't much at all going on in Orange.  I upped Lancs to burn some time until more people logged on, but after about an hour flying over enemy territory and only seeing 3 planes, I bombed some stuff, got shot down, and logged off.  I'm betting that alot of folks log on, see these types of numbers and just log off again.  In this situation, it'll take most of the evening to populate Orange to the point that Blue will open up.  I've been seeing alot more of this situation as of late, and have finally come to the point where I agree with the "one LW arena on the weekends" crowd.  We just don't have the numbers to support two balanced arenas right now.  

Rant over, we'll now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Yep. Same here
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 10:35:48 PM »
I saw blue was full so i logged into orange tonight, flew around shot at a couple planes and then the mini fight died.  Map was completely dry so I went and tried to get into blue for about 10 minutes.  I gave up and logged off.

At this point I don't care either way, but I'm wondering if it went to one arena would there be a way to balance it so it doesn't become one sided as it seems both LW arenas seem to become.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 10:39:55 PM »
If both arenas never went below ###/300 we'd rarely have a problem.

Just saying.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 10:40:51 PM »
At this point I don't care either way, but I'm wondering if it went to one arena would there be a way to balance it so it doesn't become one sided as it seems both LW arenas seem to become.

Much of the imbalances do come from the fact that with two arenas one is is often dominated by one country and the other by a second one. For example rooks had been utterly dominating LWO tonight (by numbers), while being greatly outnumbered in LWB.  This leads to very extreme situations and ENY restrictions. They do happen much less on Titanic Tuesdays (or in the past with a single arena)

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 11:41:51 PM »
I'm all for keeping any part of this game that makes Grizz cry.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 01:07:11 AM »

Much of the imbalances do come from the fact that with two arenas one is is often dominated by one country and the other by a second one. For example rooks had been utterly dominating LWO tonight (by numbers), while being greatly outnumbered in LWB.  This leads to very extreme situations and ENY restrictions. They do happen much less on Titanic Tuesdays (or in the past with a single arena)

So would the crowd live with some sort of side balancing?  Say you can come into the arena but you might have to wait to up if the percentages get too far off?  You can then BS with your squaddies waiting for things to change, since that seems to be the biggest beef.  Do away with ENY then too which seems to be the other big complaint?  Folks willing to live with the trade off so they can all be together?

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 01:08:30 AM »

Remember, for a long time after the split we did have those combined numbers in each of the LW arenas...  :old:

Yep.

I hope nobody takes my statement as an attack on HTC policies, as I believe that they do their best to make good decisions for the game overall.

I truly miss the days of intense fights and all sorts of different situations that were an everyday thing a few years back (which got me hooked in the first place).  AH has and will continue to be one of my favorite pastimes, but at this point the split arena numbers just don't work as they're intended to.

Side note:  The arenas didn't balance out until about 10 PM Central.  That's just about 4 1/2 hours of one arena being locked down.  Nobody wants to see that sort of thing.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:10:36 AM by AAJagerX »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 01:41:48 AM »
You might get your wish in a back handed sort of way...  School is out and we may soon have the numbers to fill two arenas....