Author Topic: To all the GV haters  (Read 1529 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: To all the GV haters
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 10:34:35 AM »
All that stuff to remember while in the heat of a battle hmmmm that sounds so much easier than just selecting the gear you want (old way) and use your throttle to move and adjust your speed (old way) in 28 years i never did see WASD keys while operating equipment.  man i could go on about Heavy Equipment that's my passion,  My grandfather owned a Military surplus/ Heavy Equipment yard it was amazing growing up as a Kid there  :)

Whats the difference between

W
A                   D
          S

and

Forward Stick

Left Stick     Right Stick

Back Stick

?

Can't you map analog commands on your stick now?

Map A to full left deflection, D to full right etc? Would that work?

Did you actually use your stick to adjust your speed the old way? Didn't you just pick a gear and push the stick forward until you were going full speed in the gear you were in?

The only reason to downshift the old way was so you could actually move going up hill. The new way. you just hit Shift + W and go as fast as possible up hill. Shifting up and down is annoying but you are still going "full speed".

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 10:46:13 AM »
I could maneuver through town or woods easier with the joystick method. Otherwise it's ok

Offline SNIPER30

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 01:07:31 PM »
+1 Rondar  :aok :salute
THUNDER MOB
R.I.P. 11Bravo

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 01:31:26 PM »
Whats the difference between

W
A                   D
          S

and

Forward Stick

Left Stick     Right Stick

Back Stick

?

There are 65,534 differences. The stick is analog: there are 65,536 positions available for fine control.  A keyboard key has two positions. If you don't see the difference then we can just fly our airplanes with WADS right?  And you can tear out the steering wheel in your car and replace it with two pushbuttons: L and R.  And remove the brake and accelerator and just use your cruise control.  Right?

Offline Flayed

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 01:33:32 PM »
   I don't use the keyboard at all and everything works great in my GV's.  I see no problem.
Bringing peace to the MA's 1 explody thingy at a time! :)

Pork em Pork em all!!!
  And the best quote EVERRRRR!!!
"All I can say is wow,some people are really stuck on stupid."
HiTech

Offline Monkie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 01:45:40 PM »
No problem with the keyboard driving controls here, I've been using that system with tread sims for years.

The only "issue" that I'd like to see discussed is the T-34's performance on hills. The other day I was spawning onto the side of hills where the 34 was truly stuck from the start. Forwards or backwards there wasn't anything over 1mph or a slow turn in place. Everyone else passing me up in Panzer's, wondering why I'm sitting there and mocking me on VOX asking if I have a good book to read. Exit... Ditch, respawn with a OST, same hills no problems, climbs great. Killed, respawn with a 34, stuck. Ditch... respawn M4, climbs well, back into the slaughter.

Any others see similar results with the 34? Any historical reason the tank might have issues with grades and that is the reason it's being modeled?

M.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »
There are 65,534 differences. The stick is analog: there are 65,536 positions available for fine control.  A keyboard key has two positions. If you don't see the difference then we can just fly our airplanes with WADS right?  And you can tear out the steering wheel in your car and replace it with two pushbuttons: L and R.  And remove the brake and accelerator and just use your cruise control.  Right?

Have you tried tapping the buttons?

We're not talking 3-D here. Only Left, Right, Faster and Slower.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay