Author Topic: late war arena cap  (Read 3657 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: late war arena cap
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 10:58:51 PM »
:ultimatefacepalm
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 11:07:33 PM »
Why don't they just get rid of the whiners who just can't deal with HTC being a company run by humans that make mistakes now and then.

Getting rid of the other arenas will not help you people...why do you think it would?

Maybe they should get rid of the naive people who think it was a mistake and not done on purpose. What part of "cutback" do you not understand? Surely you know that these arenas run on different servers and it costs money to do that. Thus the kickback to one MA. Since that is what 98% of the people like to fly in and now some can't, then changing to 2 MA arenas and not having a limited Early and Mid War arenas which hardly anyone flies in (as well as the WW1 failure), would correct the situation. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they thought that if there was too many they could just fly in EWA, MWA, training or dueling.  

:ultimatesheep

Not worried. Plenty of room after World of Warplanes comes out.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:09:37 PM by viking73 »
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 11:37:40 PM »
Maybe they should get rid of the naive people who think it was a mistake and not done on purpose. What part of "cutback" do you not understand? Surely you know that these arenas run on different servers and it costs money to do that.

Um... we don't have less servers. We just have one arena less.  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 12:35:49 AM »
They make em real suspicious in Illinois don't they. Can't say as I blame em though look what their tax rates are now :O
The resulting numbers in AH latewar arena since switching back to 1 arena prove a point I tried to make years ago. But no one would listen that mattered.
Anyhow I agree with Grizz. A Simple oversight? Hello? Alot of simple oversights going on as of late. Lets get this act back together. :salute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 12:49:38 AM »
The resulting numbers in AH latewar arena since switching back to 1 arena prove a point I tried to make years ago.

They do? I'm keeping track of the numbers on a daily base, and so far I see no significant change  in average numbers online or in kills (heck, it's only been 5 days anyway).  :headscratch:

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 01:14:12 AM »
need orange and blue arena's again ....no more off hours arena plzzz :aok

flak

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 01:24:16 AM »
They do? I'm keeping track of the numbers on a daily base, and so far I see no significant change  in average numbers online or in kills (heck, it's only been 5 days anyway).  :headscratch:

It's the same if you total both arenas together, sure! My point was you can put everyone in 1 arena (the way it used to be) without upsetting the balance of peeps.
Numbers (even though they were capped at 450) were pretty evenly spread out across all 3 countries tonight. ENY is still in place to restrict them somewhat from
wanting to switch sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 01:39:45 AM »
It's the same if you total both arenas together, sure!

You can be sure I'm doing that. I track every MA arena, and yes, i also track total numbers :)

My point was you can put everyone in 1 arena (the way it used to be) without upsetting the balance of peeps.
Numbers (even though they were capped at 450) were pretty evenly spread out across all 3 countries tonight. ENY is still in place to restrict them somewhat from
wanting to switch sides.

Yup. Since we got back to one arena, there had been almost no ENY restrictions for any country at all. Before that you would often find in both LW arenas one or even two countries ENY'd from 5-20.

And on a personal note: In the last few days have played so many hours linke I didn't do for a looooong time. This was the first night since... can't even remember, where I played from dusk to dawn and beyond... must be online for 16 hours now  :x

And finally I see a lot of bigger bomber missions at altitude again!  :rock
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 01:46:33 AM by Lusche »

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 01:48:06 AM »
Well i'm not saying i LIKE 2 arenas as it's been seen now that one provides more action. Just saying if they don't up the cap, that could be a solution. It was a little high tonight on the Rooks side 157-133 at one point. But it was different tonight to see almost all Bish hitting Rooks, Rooks hitting Knights and Knights hitting Bish.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 02:09:13 AM »
Same thing happened to me, 453/450     :DOH
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 04:15:26 AM »
Must be time to go back to two arenas...   :bolt:

same map with 500 people in it isnt very fun.
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 07:40:53 AM »
same map with 500 people in it isnt very fun.

So speaks the voice of experience  :lol
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 07:51:12 AM »
Maybe they should get rid of the naive people who think it was a mistake and not done on purpose. What part of "cutback" do you not understand? Surely you know that these arenas run on different servers and it costs money to do that. Thus the kickback to one MA. Since that is what 98% of the people like to fly in and now some can't, then changing to 2 MA arenas and not having a limited Early and Mid War arenas which hardly anyone flies in (as well as the WW1 failure), would correct the situation. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they thought that if there was too many they could just fly in EWA, MWA, training or dueling.  

Facepalm. 
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 08:03:04 AM »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 09:36:14 AM »

Paranoid much?  geezz! Had it been a "cut back" as your fear crippled mind seems to think, they would have closed the other arenas seeing as the game is spread across 3 server addresses. Even if they cut back to a single address they still could have run ALL of the arenas out of one server seeing as the ones they have don't run over 10% capacity.

The cap was a mistake, human error. They opened a single arena, that normally they don't allow to go over 450 so that is the default setting. They forgot to switch the numbers up to 850 like the TT arena. They will I'm sure bump that number up once they notice it.