Author Topic: Ryan Dunn  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ryan Dunn
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 05:16:24 PM »
I saw the headline on Yahoo news about a "star" from the jackas$ movies had died. If that was the pinacle of his career achievements I won't miss him. I especially don't have any sympathy if he took himself out driving drunk or high. It's a shame he had to take someone else with him while gaining his darwin award.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 06:27:43 PM »
I saw the headline on Yahoo news about a "star" from the jackas$ movies had died. If that was the pinacle of his career achievements I won't miss him. I especially don't have any sympathy if he took himself out driving drunk or high. It's a shame he had to take someone else with him while gaining his darwin award.
That's just how I feel about the whole mess.  :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »
No sympathy here, happy he only murdered someone that decided to be with him in the car, rather than some innocent bystander/driver. :( probably going to be mourned like a hero by the MTV crowd.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »
No sympathy here, happy he only murdered someone that decided to be with him in the car, rather than some innocent bystander/driver. :( probably going to be mourned like a hero by the MTV crowd.

140 mph+ driving a Porsche GT3 drunk...  Jack-ass is a fair sobriquet.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:00:29 PM by ebfd11 »
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 08:47:40 PM »
Where I am from you don't speak poorly of the dead.

He was someones friend and son.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »

+1, took the words out of my mouth.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline 5anders

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 08:58:36 PM »

+2 Everyone has their own faults...
In game: sanders

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 09:16:17 PM »
+2 Everyone has their own faults...
+1.

some just have more faults then others...
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 09:24:57 PM »
His body was burned to the point of them having to identify him by some tatoos.

If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 09:33:20 PM »
I have no idea who this guy was, or anything about him but..

I've always found this notion to be completely ridiculous, if someone was a jerk, their dying doesn't change that fact.  Does this saintly notion apply to Hitler, Stalin and Mao?  They are all dead.   Hitler, Stalin and Mao where evil monsters...  see I just did it.  (speak poorly of the dead that is.)  This idea implies that it's alright to say anything you want about them when they're alive, but as soon as they die, every fallacy and sin they had must be forgotten.

If someone asks, I'll speak my mind, I don't care whether the person I speak of is dead or alive.  From what I've just learned about this Dunn guy -that he starred in a show call jacka--, and drove drunk-  I don't think very highly of his character, his being dead does nothing to change his character, his character and integrity are defined by what he did while living.   He doesn't get a clean slate just because he is dead.  Why should he, maybe his friends and family can learn from his mistakes and flaws now, and perhaps his death will save them from doing something equally stupid.  

Of course all his relatives and friends will sugar-coat things at his memorial/funeral, they have to, it helps them to cope, focusing on the good, and overlooking the bad for a little while, and that's fine as long as it's only for a little while, we all do it when someone close dies.  But it doesn't mean the rest of us have to put blinders on just because they are dead.  

We all have fallacies, foibles and problems in our life and our character, whitewashing all that away when we die is a disservice to us and those close to us.  I want to be remembered for all that I am, and all that I did, not just the good parts.  I also want to be forgiven for all those things, but forgiveness does not equal forgetting.   I want my failings an mistakes to be remembered too, so that perhaps others may learn from them.

*BTW the novel Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card is a great philosophical read that deals with very subject.*
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:39:32 PM by saggs »

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »

Would you still feel the same if he would have lost control of his car way way over the speed limit while drunk AND plow right into your wife and kid's car driving back from soccer practice? Murderers are someone's friend and son indeed, they have no regards for the lives they take, why do you have regards for his? Because he's a goofy guy who made you laugh on tv?
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 09:42:07 PM »
I have no idea who this guy was, or anything about him but..

I've always found this notion to be completely ridiculous, if someone was a jerk, their dying doesn't change that fact.  Does this saintly notion apply to Hitler, Stalin and Mao?  They are all dead.   Hitler, Stalin and Mao where evil monsters...  see I just did it.  (speak poorly of the dead that is.)  This idea implies that it's alright to say anything you want about them when as long as there alive, but as soon as they die, every fallacy and sin they had must be forgotten.

If someone asks, I'll speak my mind, I don't care whether the person I speak of is dead or alive.  From what I've just learned about this Dunn guy -that he starred in a show call jacka--, and drove drunk-  I don't think very highly of his character, his being dead does nothing to change his character, his character and integrity are defined by what he did while living.   He doesn't get a clean slate just because he is dead.  Why should he, maybe his friends and family can learn from his mistakes and flaws now, and perhaps his death will save them from doing something equally stupid.  

Of course all his relatives and friends will sugar-coat things at his memorial/funeral, they have to, it helps them to cope, focusing on the good, and overlooking the bad for a little while, and that's fine as long as it's only for a little while, we all do it when someone close dies.  But it doesn't mean the rest of us have to put blinders on just because they are dead.  

We all have fallacies, foibles and problems in our life and our character, whitewashing all that away when we die is a disservice to us and those close to us.  I want to be remembered for all that I am, and all that I did, not just the good parts.  I also want to be forgiven for all those things, but forgiveness does not equal forgetting.   I want my failings an mistakes to be remembered too, so that perhaps others may learn from them.

*BTW the novel Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card is a great philosophical read that deals with very subject.*

Well thats great no one said anything about how great the guy was. There is no point in saying it was not smart to drink and drive and speed its obvious. The dude paid the ultimate price for a bad choice. Its a matter of respect.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 09:43:56 PM »
Would you still feel the same if he would have lost control of his car way way over the speed limit while drunk AND plow right into your wife and kid's car driving back from soccer practice? Murderers are someone's friend and son indeed, they have no regards for the lives they take, why do you have regards for his? Because he's a goofy guy who made you laugh on tv?

Yeah and nothing is gained by trashing someone who is dead. If anything it makes the person doing the trashing look bad.

Now a question for you. What if you came here and said one of your kids died of an overdose and someone responded well good riddancedruggies are the scum of the earth.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:45:36 PM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 09:45:28 PM »
Karma is a MOFO...
What comes around goes around.

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear