Author Topic: 200 Chatter  (Read 2645 times)

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
Re: 200 Chatter
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 02:21:38 PM »
oh quit sulking and fly your toon plane and talk your bs and crap on 200 all yas want...
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 02:26:27 PM »
I have never tuned to 200.  Wonder what I'm missing.

You are not missing anything of value on 200, unless you want your text-buffer filled with moronic chatter by a few people who likely halve the average intelligence in any room they enter.  

I have tuned 200 only a handful of times to ask a question or to identify an opponent I had a particularly good tangle with.  It took only a short while to learn that 200 is the home of an element of the “community”  :rolleyes: that is not worth associating with.  Now I will preemptively squelch people like DMGod and RedDevil, two of the worst offenders during my play hours, before I ever tune in 200.  

It is one thing to trade barbs in jest, but the standards of conduct on 200 are quite low.  It’s too bad, as this likely sets bad examples for newer players who think this level of conduct and being a “200-text-warrior” is part of the game.  

Flame away, but this is not intended as a whine – simply feedback based on my experience.

<S>
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:24:41 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »
I turn 200 back on now and then and maybe for couple of minutes. Then I turn it back off. Country chat is just as interesting as times though.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 02:52:12 PM »
You are not missing anything of value on 200, unless you want your text-buffer filled with moronic chatter by a few people who likely halve the average intelligence of any room they enter.  

I have tuned 200 only a handful of times to ask a question or to identify an opponent I had a particularly good tangle with.  It took only a short while to learn that 200 is the home of an element of the “community”  :rolleyes: that is not worth associating with.  Now I will preemptively squelch people like DMGod and RedDevil, two of the worst offenders during my play hours, before I ever tune in 200.  

It is one thing to trade barbs in jest, but the standards of conduct on 200 are quite low.  It’s too bad, as this likely sets bad examples for newer players who think this level of conduct and being a “200-text-warrior” is part of the game.  

Flame away, but this is not intended as a whine – simply feedback based on my experience.

<S>

I can confirm that he is not on 200.  Instead he uses PMs to explain to you how you suck and never get any better after his failed pick lead to his death  :rofl 

Yeah, 200 bothers you eh?  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 02:57:11 PM »
I can confirm that he is not on 200.  Instead he uses PMs to explain to you how you suck and never get any better after his failed pick lead to his death  :rofl  

Yeah, 200 bothers you eh?  :rofl

Pure fiction.  If that is your in-game name, I'm fairly certain I've never had a PM exchange with you.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:26:11 PM by Kingpin »
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »
Pure fiction.  If that is your in-game name, I'm fairly certain I've never had a PM exchange with you.

Whats your in-came id?

Is it kingpen?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:06:16 PM by dedalos »

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 03:08:59 PM »
Whats your in-came id?

Is it kingpen?

No, Kingpin.  I can spell, you see.   :)  ( :salute Kingpen)  Common mistake, actually...

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 03:12:45 PM »
No, Kingpin.  I can spell, you see.   :)  ( :salute Kingpen)  Common mistake, actually...

Ahhh, my bad then.  I thought it was Kingpen.  Would you please tell me what game you play as Kingpin?  I cant find a scores but I am sure I am doing it wrong.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 03:19:09 PM »
Ahhh, my bad then.  I thought it was Kingpen.  Would you please tell me what game you play as Kingpin?  I cant find a scores but I am sure I am doing it wrong.

Sorry, it's vKINGPIN since I joined the Devil's Brigade a.k.a. the vTARDS.  If you feel compelled to look up my mediocre stats, you can find them there.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 03:49:25 PM »
Sorry, it's vKINGPIN since I joined the Devil's Brigade a.k.a. the vTARDS.  If you feel compelled to look up my mediocre stats, you can find them there.

Haha, what was that spelling comment you made?  :neener:  No need for stats, just wanted to see if you were kingpen cause he was really nice and tried to help me. :lol

Sorry for the confusion <S>

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 04:01:12 PM »
Haha, what was that spelling comment you made?  :neener:  No need for stats, just wanted to see if you were kingpen cause he was really nice and tried to help me. :lol

Sorry for the confusion <S>

Kingpen and I have PM'd back and forth a few times, usually a "you again?" or "good shot" or something, all in good fun.  I joke that I'm the one who spelled it right.    :)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
I'll tune 200 for a couple minutes then one of the many aholes that think their a real ace remind me why to detune it.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 04:08:58 PM »
Outside of the usual suspects getting into purse fights, or politics, 200 seems fine to me.  Always good to BS with the folks I'm flying with and against.  I just can't get that worked up about it.  I'd say the positive interactions on 200 far exceed anything bad about it.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »
I'll tune 200 for a couple minutes then one of the many aholes that think their a real ace remind me why to detune it.

Have tuned to 200 channel exactly twice in the better part of five years.  Both times, it was back off inside of two minutes.  Nothing but bragging, taunting, whining, sycophantic attaboys and conversations best not seen while trying to enjoy my game time.  I can get all that on country channel and the text bar moves at a much nicer pace with 200 off.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 04:58:12 PM »
You are not missing anything of value on 200, unless you want your text-buffer filled with moronic chatter by a few people who likely halve the average intelligence in any room they enter.  

<S>

wow,  someone hurt his feelings   :lol
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.