Author Topic: A Korean war arena  (Read 2241 times)

Offline matt

• Silver Member
Re: A Korean war arena
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2011, 08:31:33 AM »
 :aok

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2011, 12:50:16 PM »
Back in the old AW Korea arena the 86s and Migs seemed to be about even.  We had a good Korea Scenario at one point too.  Was great fun leading the 18th FBW F51Ds.  Even more fun watching the Migs auger trying to dive and turn with us on the deck :)

Ahh those shark mouthed F51Ds...... :aok

I seem to remember a majority of MiGs because the climbed and turned better.

If you are doing Korea right, it's not going to be just 86s and Mig 15s.   Think Sea Fury, Banshee, F9F Panther, F80, F84, F4U-4, F51D, Skyraiders, Seafire 47, A26s, La9, IL10, Yak 9 etc. 

...B-29, Tu-2, F-82, PO-2, F7F, Meteor.

The biggest problem I can see is the disparity in numbers of types of planes vis a vis Allied versus Communist.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »
NO, just, Nooo...... I love aces high as it is, a WWII combat sim. I don't want them losing there roots. If you want a Korean war go play a different game.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2011, 06:42:28 PM »
Back in AW when I did venture into the Korean arena I always upped a Mig.  I think they are one of the coolest looking fighter planes ever built.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2011, 04:45:24 AM »
NO, just, Nooo...... I love aces high as it is, a WWII combat sim. I don't want them losing there roots. If you want a Korean war go play a different game.
What game?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2011, 10:24:16 AM »
I'm sure it's been said before. It would be a gigantic hit. I've heard a lot of people say they want it. Keep all the current environment. And just model the F-86 Sabre and Mig-15 and have a dogfight arena. Similiar to the WWI arena, except people would be playing it. I even think Hi Tech would drag him in a few more paying customers with that one.

Respectfully
Le Pig

i don't seem to recall the korean war arenas in air warrior being too popular.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2011, 10:55:41 AM »
i don't seem to recall the korean war arenas in air warrior being too popular.......

They weren't but there were usually 5-10 people in there.  But in AW there were usually 20 or so in the WWI arena all the time too.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2011, 07:15:59 PM »
I remember trying to promote the KA in AW after I got some flak for supporting a pac arena (hoping cross support for both would help). It was a fun place, I thought. But I gotta say that I'm looking forward to coming back to play some of the additions HT and co have added in my absence from the game (F4UA1, I-15s, etc). And, of course, more players tends to pay for more toys. So I may tack on a couple of more accounts for the step-sons (or their friends - if they can behave like decent folk), whether I can pry them from COD:Black Ops to play AH or not.