Author Topic: USA Falls to Japan at Women's World Cup  (Read 1357 times)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
Re: USA Falls to Japan at Women's World Cup
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »
Running up and down a field for 120 minutes....that isn't as hard as people make it out to be. I referee high school and college lacrosse games and that sport is constant up and down sprints with very little jogging at all.

Foolishness on your analysis. I watched Lacross several times and it is interesting.  there is NO comparison for the sprinting between both sports.  Soccer is much more faster sprints than LaCrosse.  You have no idea what your talking about.  

I played Football, Ice Hockey and Soccer much of my life and only Ice Hockey is on par with the physical requirements of soccer.  Football is conditioning and 'dexterity' IMO to be top notch athlete.

* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »
Congrats to Japan a well needed morale booster. Also congrats to team USA for barely getting in the tournament and almost going all the way. Last congrats to Hope Solo, for putting sexy back into goalkeeping. It's not just for fat kids anymore. :D
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 08:26:33 PM »
Foolishness on your analysis. I watched Lacross several times and it is interesting.  there is NO comparison for the sprinting between both sports.  Soccer is much more faster sprints than LaCrosse.  You have no idea what your talking about.  

I played Football, Ice Hockey and Soccer much of my life and only Ice Hockey is on par with the physical requirements of soccer.  Football is conditioning and 'dexterity' IMO to be top notch athlete.

Yeah I played hockey and that was one of the most intensive of any sports I played in middle school/highchool. Football seemed to be a bit more of a balance between bulking up and cardio. The pads do make a big difference lugging them around really gets your shoulders and neck a lot bigger.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 09:46:28 PM »
Playing football, I never felt any weight difference, it could be attributed to the adrenaline rush that I always got wearing pads.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 12:40:16 AM »
Finally some laundry and dishes will get done now that they're back home.

Make me a sammich, Wambach.
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 12:34:28 PM »

I'd put hockey, American football, and rugby as a toss up for most physically demanding sport.  I'd say rugby probably has the edge, but then again hockey's speed leads to (IMO) more spectacular collisions, and of course getting blindsided by a 300lb football player can't be much fun, either.  All three sports have their moments, I suppose.  The point is, athletes in these sports must routinely endure much more than burning lungs.

Soccer really doesn't compare to these three.  It belongs in a conversation about sports like cycling and track and field.   
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 01:54:51 PM »
Soccer really doesn't compare to these three.  It belongs in a conversation about sports like cycling and track and field.   

I agree with that.  Soccer is a athletically demanding sport, but different dynamics than the other.  It should not be part of the same conversation.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 06:30:31 PM »
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB