Author Topic: Small group of experten  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
Small group of experten
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:21:23 AM »
Just putting out a feeler to see if there are a few dedicated 190 guys that might want to form a loose squadron of equals to wing up and fly in the Ma, FSO's or the occasional event.

I have flown AH on and off since about 2001. Not interested in a structured squad with ranks.

I would like to see 3 or 4 pilots that wing well together without a lot of radio chatter being necessary. Interest in aviation history and the ability to fly formation is a plus. Being able to go down range, put steel on target, and return with your wingman is a plus as well. 

Anyway, I know this is a long shot, but if you are a 190 pilot (jet guys accepted on a probationary program  :devil ) and like to wing up, see me.

-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Fujita

• Zinc Member
Re: Small group of experten
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 02:02:26 AM »
Good luck  :aok
~Aces of the Rising Sun~

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »
Sounds like a little squad I put together  :D Viel gl?ck
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 12:30:24 PM »
If you see me online shoot me a PM.  I only get to play weekend evenings/late nights though.  I'm always a Bish but would switch over for a while depending on the balance.  It would be nice to wing up occasionally.  I've been playing mostly as a loner the past ten years but had a small, unstructured 7 man squad of equals for about a year.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »
will do BaldEagl

-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 08:45:36 PM »
Tentative name selected: Edelweiss

-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 12:42:06 AM »
 :salute Zeagle.  Fun flying with you today.  That first attack was sweet.  Wish I would have been filming.

Overall I think we need to work on staying together and coordinating a little better.  You flying high cap while I played in the mud worked ok as did the split left/right on the P-38's.

If you didn't notice I don't really care about living and dying much.  If we keep this up you'll have your hands full.   :D
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 07:32:03 AM »
Ja, formation pass and shootdown of two P-40's who were themselves in formation...priceless.  I saluted those guys...SA is your friend  :devil

As far as living and dying goes, I prefer to live or at least TRY to make it back. A typical night's flying for me involves several re-arms until logging off. This, to me at least, makes my flight time more fun. It is a challenge sometimes just to get back in one piece, not to mention landing any kills. And I dont mind starting a sector back or so in order to get up on the perch. (Gives me time to get a handle on the battle ahead, get a beverage, and let the staffel hunds outside too :)

I think we got separated in that furball. That was my fault as I rolled in to help a friendly. My wingman is always designated so I can find him on radar. So we joined back up quickly enough. Overall...good sortie in my book.

This band of experten will be a Luftwaffe only organization when winging together. I know this whittles down my pool of applicants from like 1 or 2 to zero. But there it is. I do not like seeing Jg's landing kills in Allied birds, or vice versa....

All members will have recruitment rights. Any prospective new member will be required to fly with the schwarm before invites offered. All members will have to approve said applicant before he or she is invited. The goal here is not a large organization, but a small group of experten.
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 09:29:28 AM »
Another tentative name :  something with "Eagle" in it ...but with German spelling of course.
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 09:56:23 AM »
Another tentative name :  something with "Eagle" in it ...but with German spelling of course.
Schwarm, Rotte and Kette

A Staffel was divided into three Schw?rme (Plural; Singular German: der Schwarm, literally "the swarm") (or flights) consisting of four to six aircraft.

A fighter Schwarm was divided into two Rotten (Plural; Singular German: die Rotte) which was a pair of aircraft. The Rotte was the basic fighting unit, consisting of a leader and a wingman.

A bomber Schwarm was divided into a Kette (die, Singular, lit. "chain", Plural German: Ketten) of three aircraft flying in a "V" formation.[29][30]
[edit] Air Combat Tactics "Finger-four" formation
Main article: Finger-four
Pattern depicting Finger Four formation technique of the Luftwaffe.
Finger-four formation adopted by the Luftwaffe. Note the color coded flights.

During the Spanish Civil War, Luftwaffe aces Werner M?lders and G?nther L?tzow created a new formation strategy for fighter wings (German: Jagdgeschwadern). It had two aircraft flying in a loose pair called a 'Pack' (German: Rotte). Two pairs constituted a flight (German: Schwarm). The four aircraft were flown in what was called the "Finger-four" formation. These aircraft were spread apart so that each pilot was offered maximum visibility. This arrangement was so successful that Soviet pilots in the Spanish Civil War followed the same technique. However, on returning home, they had to revert to the standard "V" formation. Douglas Bader, the British p
ilot, was the first RAF leader to adopt the "Finger four" formation in 1940. Japan also adopted[citation needed] the "Finger four" in World War II.

In this formation, where each aircraft flew in positions similar to the fingers of an open hand (hence the name), the leader (German: Rottenf?hrer) was at the front, while on his left wingtip was his partner from the Rotte. The other Rotte was on the right wingtip of the leader. The partner in the second Rotte being on the right wingtip of his partner. The Rotte fighting pair also added to its flexibility, as a Schwarm could easily break into two Rotte pairs without losing its fighting ability. The Rottenf?hrer could attack enemy aircraft, leaving his wingman to watch for the enemy. It was much more flexible than the rigid three-aircraft "Vic" formation the RAF used at the start of the war. In the Schwarm the aircraft had plenty of space to maneuver, so they were free to scan the horizon for enemy aircraft rather than focusing on maintaining a close formation. This flexibility became apparent to the RAF during the Battle of Britain.
so -> Adlerrotte
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:00:43 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 10:21:08 AM »
Adler is Eagle in German.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 10:37:09 AM »
thanks purdue3 and dhyran.

Looks like there is an AVA squad named KG-51 Edelwiess, so I don't want to confuse anything with them.

Still kicking around names.

Edelweiss for now

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:36:10 PM by Zeagle »
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 07:12:10 AM »
name amended to "Sonderkommando Edelweiss" (Skdo. Edelweiss in game)

If this conflicts with any other squad, please let me know.

If you like to fly hi-alt buff hunting missions in 190's (air-to-mud occasionally too), hit targets of opportunity on the way back, and re-arm...see me.
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 03:12:17 PM »
Another fellow luftwannabe squadron...
<S> sir, best wishes
Btw. lovely name choice    i almost see the "KG-51 Jägermeisters"  :aok
AoM
City of ice