Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13751 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2011, 12:32:47 AM »
Tried it out tonight. Went Rooks as there was a fight and they were low numbers.   Fight soon died.  Tried to start one with no luck.  Couldn't switch.  Ended up logging for the night.

So it goes.  Guess we'll see how it all plays out.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2011, 12:54:16 AM »
Tried it out tonight. Went Rooks as there was a fight and they were low numbers.   Fight soon died.  Tried to start one with no luck.  Couldn't switch.  Ended up logging for the night.

So it goes.  Guess we'll see how it all plays out.

went bish and had fights for maybe 15 minutes, ended up 1v1ing with sfox as it was the O N L Y  thing goin on  :( 

all squadies left earlier than normal. a couple were quite disgusted.

There must be another way than this!

JUGgler

Army of Muppets

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2011, 01:42:34 AM »
Am I right??? Am I hearing grown men cry???  Is that what I am hearing?????  Over the inability to flip flop teams only a day??? Seriously???      :headscratch:

:bhead

I say good move, HTC.   :salute
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2011, 01:45:16 AM »

I'm intrigued - why do you think its a good idea? :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2011, 01:47:43 AM »
Am I right??? Am I hearing grown men cry???  Is that what I am hearing?????  Over the inability to flip flop teams only a day??? Seriously???      :headscratch:

:bhead

You must enjoy long periods of ENY :huh

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2011, 01:48:40 AM »
It stops the gaming the game ppl, which is great!
it stops also the spys alert and discussion on 200 which is also great, so where is the deal to whine about it?

:aok

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2011, 01:49:36 AM »
it stops also the spys alert and discussion on 200 which is also great, so where is the deal to whine about it?

Really it doesn't stop anything, only delays it.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2011, 01:51:27 AM »

Try again.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2011, 01:54:12 AM »
IMO this doesn't really fix the spy problem, and only serves to further anger those in the community that still actually care.

15$ isn't that much money to a lot of the players here I would wager (I'm not included in this), particularly the old hands who really REALLY care about their score and points etc.  Having a couple extra accounts would be no big deal to these guys, and having another cheap PC or laptop nearby equals 100% intelligence gathered on the other side.  

edit: Disregard entire post, Grizzbot beat me to it with an entire thread dedicated to this.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:56:57 AM by Gman »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2011, 01:58:14 AM »
went bish and had fights for maybe 15 minutes, ended up 1v1ing with sfox as it was the O N L Y  thing goin on  :(  

all squadies left earlier than normal. a couple were quite disgusted.

There must be another way than this!

JUGgler

lol dont you complain about this everynight, even before the change.  here's some picture as proof that "nothing is going on".  second picture didnt capture the blinking bases but 4 or 5 of them had a fight going on.  so this nothing is going on is bs.

semp
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:09:27 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2011, 01:59:49 AM »
  With the single arena these days, I've YET to be hit with an ENY problem since the change, so any arguments
for or against the 12 hour limit based on ENY complaints is a non-starter.
  There's more than a few "side switchers" who do it just to hunt Rook C47s or spoil a raid
just because they can, so from that perspective, I'm all for the 12 hour thing.
  Is it gonna fix things? No. The spying will still go on, and the "spoiler" crews will still
swap, but at least they'll be thinking twice before doing it.
  I know Rooks who've been around for years and who folks think are straight
shooters that go over to the "other side" and then report on NME fleet locations,
missions being worked up, etc... I've been "PM"d by 'em numerous times in the
past. I just PM 'em back sayin' I'm not interested and shrug my head in disgust.
And these are grown-ups; not kids.
  Like the man says in an "AvA" arena push; there's no side switching limit there, so
join in the fun there. :)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2011, 02:17:30 AM »

I agree with your first two points. I think the "Gaming the Game"  guys and the "Spyz" guys are very minimal in number. It seems many feel when their mission doesn't go right or something that they see seems fishy, they automatically assume the problem is rampant. The people I know who switch, do it to find fights. This generally means changing to the low number country. This has two positive effects for all sides. It eliminates or reduces ENY and creates more and better fights. You are loyal to a chess piece and that's fine. I understand that. I would even say I support it. But country numbers often get skewed by large margins. The result is one or maybe even two countries suffering ENY. Nothing new there, but generally the reason it doesn't last long is that people are willing to switch, which balances numbers. Otherwise ENY is going to last considerably longer, and on some maps decrease the number of fights.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:19:18 AM by Bear76 »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2011, 02:27:45 AM »
 With the single arena these days, I've YET to be hit with an ENY problem since the change, so any arguments
for or against the 12 hour limit based on ENY complaints is a non-starter.
  There's more than a few "side switchers" who do it just to hunt Rook C47s or spoil a raid
just because they can, so from that perspective, I'm all for the 12 hour thing.
  Is it gonna fix things? No. The spying will still go on, and the "spoiler" crews will still
swap, but at least they'll be thinking twice before doing it.
  I know Rooks who've been around for years and who folks think are straight
shooters that go over to the "other side" and then report on NME fleet locations,
missions being worked up, etc... I've been "PM"d by 'em numerous times in the
past. I just PM 'em back sayin' I'm not interested and shrug my head in disgust.
And these are grown-ups; not kids.
  Like the man says in an "AvA" arena push; there's no side switching limit there, so
join in the fun there. :)

There are always going to be some who need to cheat. This won't stop that. Create a shade and park him in another country and they'll still do it Odd. As far as ENY goes, you don't see it that much because several people make an effort to balance the numbers and find some good fights. If anything ENY will increase and countries will have to wait until the red guys log or more friendlies log on.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2011, 02:31:27 AM »
Babs, more popcorn. I'm drinking Trader Joe's 2 buck chuck from the bottel next to my keyboard as this is so, so, dramatic. Aces High history is happening as we enjoy the show.

I cannot remember the muppets as a squad ever loosing it like forum drama queens over anything until now. They have always put forth such a unified front of AH conduct and maturity. One would think HiTech has personaly chosen to pierce their hearts and cast them aside as the Aces High squaderon Gold Standard.

Still, no representative from HTC has officialy posted the purpose of the time change. Such high drama in the face of absolutly no definitive facts. I guess Brutus pulls his drawers on one leg at a time like the rest of us lowley cannon fodder.

Babs, please raise the beach umbrella. It's raining the mighty in a steady deluge today........e tu so the bard spake. As so Brutus must be contemplating the end of the second battel of Philippi by now.

Muppets, it's not advisable to make water on superman's cape so to say.

All eyes are on the mighty and how they prevail or wither to this travail Against the HiTech Master of the AH Universe.

Babs, more popcorn. I'm enraptured with all this dramatic prose of richous ire to HiTech from the furry critters. It stirrs my vigor and holds me captive to the contestants yet flameing end. 

e tu furry ones, e tu....... all moths burn the brightest closest to the flame at the end.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2011, 02:34:20 AM »
Babs, more popcorn. I'm drinking Trader Joe's 2 buck chuck from the bottel next to my keyboard as this is so, so, dramatic. Aces High history is happening as we enjoy the show.

I cannot remember the muppets as a squad ever loosing it like forum drama queens over anything until now. They have always put forth such a unified front of AH conduct and maturity. One would think HiTech has personaly chosen to pierce their hearts and cast them aside as the Aces High squaderon Gold Standard.

Still, no representative from HTC has officialy posted the purpose of the time change. Such high drama in the face of absolutly no definitive facts. I guess Brutus pulls his drawers on one leg at a time like the rest of us lowley cannon fodder.

Babs, please raise the beach umbrella. It's raining the mighty in a steady deluge today........e tu so the bard spake. As so Brutus must be contemplating the end of the second battel of Philippi by now.

Muppets, it's not advisable to make water on superman's cape so to say.

All eyes are on the mighty and how they prevail or wither to this travail Against the HiTech Master of the AH Universe.

Babs, more popcorn. I'm enraptured with all this dramatic prose of richous ire to HiTech from the furry critters. It stirrs my vigor and holds me captive to the contestants yet flameing end. 

e tu furry ones, e tu....... all moths burn the brightest closest to the flame at the end.

E tu bustr E tu
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."