Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13435 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2011, 02:39:21 AM »
By the way who read Julius Caesar recently and started throwing quotes around?
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2011, 02:44:12 AM »
Babs, more popcorn. I'm drinking Trader Joe's 2 buck chuck from the bottel next to my keyboard as this is so, so, dramatic. Aces High history is happening as we enjoy the show.

I cannot remember the muppets as a squad ever loosing it like forum drama queens over anything until now. They have always put forth such a unified front of AH conduct and maturity. One would think HiTech has personaly chosen to pierce their hearts and cast them aside as the Aces High squaderon Gold Standard.

Still, no representative from HTC has officialy posted the purpose of the time change. Such high drama in the face of absolutly no definitive facts. I guess Brutus pulls his drawers on one leg at a time like the rest of us lowley cannon fodder.

Babs, please raise the beach umbrella. It's raining the mighty in a steady deluge today........e tu so the bard spake. As so Brutus must be contemplating the end of the second battel of Philippi by now.

Muppets, it's not advisable to make water on superman's cape so to say.

All eyes are on the mighty and how they prevail or wither to this travail Against the HiTech Master of the AH Universe.

Babs, more popcorn. I'm enraptured with all this dramatic prose of richous ire to HiTech from the furry critters. It stirrs my vigor and holds me captive to the contestants yet flameing end. 

e tu furry ones, e tu....... all moths burn the brightest closest to the flame at the end.

Not as bad as the 48 page Pig meltdown awhile back. That was real maturity. So you're confirming your objection to all this is solely directed at Muppets. IN teresting  :lol

Offline Fujita

• Zinc Member
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2011, 02:51:06 AM »
Sorry, I think this is a bad decision for game play in general  :confused:
~Aces of the Rising Sun~

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2011, 02:59:05 AM »
When the 1337 of 1337 in this game start insulting HiTech as a group in his own house as though they Are The Gold Standard of the game en total. Well...e tu, Brutus, e tu. Cape watering is risky at it's best.

HTC still hasen't put out an official reason for his action and you furry critters are still making deals with wisps of speculation and threats of nebulous actions the last I read in this posting. I'm not sure you critters will get Caesar, err, HiTech to buy into this. Or the rest of the beach chair gallery.

Babs, more popcorn. Sukov you want Babs to freashen up that beer? Anyone else want to pull your beach chairs in closer and watch the fun? We can send out for pizza. Only HiTech can comment on the mystry of why he changed the time span. So the best we can do until there is real data. Babs, pass the popcorn.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2011, 03:20:12 AM »
By the way who read Julius Caesar recently and started throwing quotes around?

Aw common Sukov. You didn't study under the 100 great works and had to discuss Caesars commentaires to pass your sophmore year? Though, I could be mistaken and Bear only skimmed Clausewitz and believes the "fog of war" and "friction" are screen plays from Steven Hirsch.

But, Then I'm not shouting at windmills thinking they will respond because of who I am.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2011, 03:27:35 AM »
Devil's advocate here...

How can a fight devellop if every one keeps switching side looking for the said fight, and not actually flying, building the darbars?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2011, 03:33:21 AM »
Not as bad as the 48 page Pig meltdown awhile back. That was real maturity. So you're confirming your objection to all this is solely directed at Muppets. IN teresting  :lol
Some pent up anger on the cheerleader sqaud.

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2011, 05:46:51 AM »
Aw common Sukov. You didn't study under the 100 great works and had to discuss Caesars commentaires to pass your sophmore year? Though, I could be mistaken and Bear only skimmed Clausewitz and believes the "fog of war" and "friction" are screen plays from Steven Hirsch.

But, Then I'm not shouting at windmills thinking they will respond because of who I am.

You must be penguin's older sister.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2011, 05:56:15 AM »
12 hours, it's not exactly that long to wait. Just pick your side switches carefully? I mean sometimes I think people should wait a little while before jumping ship, see how the numbers pan out. On the possitive side it stops the oppertunists jumping country to up a 262 against a mission they just saw rolling, or those who switch sides to fly the cheapest perk planes constantly. 12 hours is not that bad, unless you play the game 24/7 without a break.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2011, 05:58:48 AM »
No, not really.  Just retarded paranoid horde monkeys have been crying about it for years.

and you have been here for YEARS???......how many post can you find about people crying about this?? :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2011, 05:58:58 AM »
It stops the gaming the game ppl, which is great!
it stops also the spys alert and discussion on 200 which is also great, so where is the deal to whine about it?

It will stop nothing of it. Even when we had 12h limits, about each sunk CV and each failed mission was explained and attributed to "spies".  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2011, 06:07:54 AM »

It will stop nothing of it. Even when we had 12h limits, about each sunk CV and each failed mission was explained and attributed to "spies".  ;)

well, who cares about failed missions?
I just don't see whats the real big deal with 12 hours as limit?

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2011, 06:14:43 AM »
well, who cares about failed missions?
I just don't see whats the real big deal with 12 hours as limit?

What's the big deal about 1 hour if you "don't care about failed missions " ?

Because I don't like to be stuck on a side with no real combat options, which does happens frequently. When I do see one side totally ganged and outnumbered I like to hop there instead of being one of the gangers. With 12 hours, I won't be able to help balancing anything.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2011, 06:15:30 AM »
and you have been here for YEARS???......how many post can you find about people crying about this?? :salute

Plenty, that is if the forum search actually worked.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2011, 06:36:29 AM »
I suggest that the fundamental difference between those who object to raising the time limit to changing and those who don't, boils down to the difference between the finding a fight, and picking a fight.  Whether ENY crippled, or grossly outnumbered, I have never had a problem finding or picking a fight.  If you can't find a fight, all you need to do is give someone a reason to fight you. If you can't find a fight, and you aren't giving your opponent a reason to fight you... Well duh, it's because you aren't worth the fight.

Try taking something from them that they deem worth defending, like maybe a base.  In my experience, this typically generates a pretty good fight.  On the other hand, I suppose you could come here to the forums to look for a fight, and cry about nobody delivering a fight to you.

Bottom line, if nobody's fighting you, it isn't your country's fault, it's not your countryman's fault, or even your opponent's fault, it's simply that nobody considers you worth fighting.  

If you build it, they will come.
vNucks