Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13443 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2011, 09:51:10 AM »
Im not saying anything bad about your squads flying Dyran, but fun for your guys is flying for an hour or two for one sorties and rtbin with your your wingman and a kill or two. To these guys who switch for a fight they may have 10 sorties in that same amount of time. If the side they are stuck on only has a horde attacking a single base they are out of luck to find a fight. Sure they could try and start one, but not often do people up to defend, and once they know that these guys are there only for the fight they will leave knowing their base is safe

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2011, 10:00:12 AM »
lol dont you complain about this everynight, even before the change.  here's some picture as proof that "nothing is going on".  second picture didnt capture the blinking bases but 4 or 5 of them had a fight going on.  so this nothing is going on is bs.

(Image removed from quote.)

semp

Hmm, looking at your snapshots I believe you validate my point. I said I was bish, your 1st photo shows a bit of action at 201 , but alas the action is "green hordy". The following 2 pictures shows a dead arena for bish, but if I'm patient for another 10.5 hours I might choose the correct country and have something to do. TY for validating my point  :salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: July 20, 2011, 10:03:03 AM »
Yes I find it funny when folks fail at discussion and just call anything they diagree with a whine.

Genius!

OMG did I just say that?  :huh   :headscratch:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #183 on: July 20, 2011, 10:29:49 AM »
Now that I've had time to think this change over a bit I thought I'd chime in for what it's worth (the answer to that question is precisely a little less than zero :)). 

Right off the bat I'll just say that the increased time limit puts a rather large crimp in my style, I enjoyed switching sides once, twice, sometimes three times a night on the longer AH-sessions.  There are folks that I like to fly with on all three countries and as people logged on or off, or as the fight moved I like to be more or less free to follow it.

I have to assume that something over time has changed, while HTC makes changes, some of them very dramatic changes I don't for a minute believe that they make knee-jerk or arrive at a decision without thought and debate on the subject, remember the stakes for them are a lot higher than anyone else here. 

I'm also aware that not too long ago some OTHER  changes were made that I for the most part agreed with.  For the record I liked the split arenas, ENY, etc.  Then there was also much gnashing of teeth, and I remember what my response was to that contingent of players at the time.  It also seems that their posts sound a lot like some of the posts in this thread, so while I don't like it I plan to sit back see how things play out and do my best to find the fun.

OK I'm done rambling (for now). :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #184 on: July 20, 2011, 10:39:33 AM »
Just so there is no mistake, some people were stating it was 12 hours game time. It is simple 12 hours real time, doesn't matter if you are playing or not.

HiTech

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »
Aside from the gnashing of teeth by those who hate the change and the trolling by those who remain unaffected by it... what problem is this change meant to correct?  I just ask out of curiosity without any agenda.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2011, 10:46:28 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:52:15 AM by hitech »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2011, 10:46:56 AM »
Just so there is no mistake, some people were stating it was 12 hours game time. It is simple 12 hours real time, doesn't matter if you are playing or not.

HiTech

Does time count more on Feb 29th during leap year?  :D

How about if you're on the other side of the International Date Line from the HTC server's clock? Do you need to make up 24 hours, or does it add 24 hours allowing 2 12-hour time delay side-switches instantly?

:P :banana:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2011, 10:47:56 AM »
Spys side switchers, while I'm sure this happens I can bet it doesn't happen anywhere near as much as some people think. The real problem is that its an easy scapegoat for said paranoid player sucking at this game.

QFT.  I really hope it wasn't an anti-spy measure, or a measure to appear to be doing something about teh spiez, because the only thing it's going to do effectively is shut down people who switch sides for numbers.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #189 on: July 20, 2011, 11:02:04 AM »
worst idea ever.

This is the AH version of jumping the shark if you are a furballer who switches sides to find a fight

:salute
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:04:25 AM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2011, 11:11:49 AM »
Yes I find it funny when folks fail at discussion and just call anything they diagree with a whine.

It is about as effective as the computer tech who went to fix a customers computer. The customer complained the windows ME machine kept getting blue screens. The tech fixed it by changing the color to green.

Funny what you consider a whine.  I simply asked if I am truly seeing all these grown men kicking and screaming like 2 years olds over this change.  I dont care if HTC has a 12 hour or 12 min timer on switching sides, I could care less as it doesnt effect me as I dont need to dive in to a 50 man circle-jerk furball, I dont need a 5/10/15 ENY plane, and I dont have to have 100's of enemy players to enjoy AH.  It isnt the end of the world.     
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2011, 11:12:44 AM »
Re tard ed. There goes my AH career. Now what does he expect us to do when we wanna have a good fight not a freakin vulchfest everywhere? The Many will love it, I however do not.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »
Does time count more on Feb 29th during leap year?  :D

How about if you're on the other side of the International Date Line from the HTC server's clock? Do you need to make up 24 hours, or does it add 24 hours allowing 2 12-hour time delay side-switches instantly?

:P :banana:

I'm normally not a fan of Krusty's humor but this is pretty funny kudos.

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #193 on: July 20, 2011, 11:14:46 AM »
Strange , it has been 12 hours for more years then the previous setting.

HiTech

Strange as it may be, after reading ALL 13 pages of responses seems to me 95% of the responses are negative.  As a business owner myself, if I were to get that kind of a response to my service offered it would be time to reconsider my approach.

Just saying.

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: July 20, 2011, 11:15:48 AM »
QFT.  I really hope it wasn't an anti-spy measure, or a measure to appear to be doing something about teh spiez, because the only thing it's going to do effectively is shut down people who switch sides for numbers.

Wiley.

Spies, are you kidding me? Who cares about spies. I get called a spy all the time. I switch to find a fight or to kill the horde. Even if ppl spy, do u think this will stop them? And also, guess what, there were spies in WW2 and HTC doesn't even have to program anything.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com