Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13447 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2011, 06:58:50 PM »
HTC,

Are you planning to introduce a new game mechanic to encourage balanced sided now that switching has been greatly limited?
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2011, 07:12:24 PM »
HTC,

Are you planning to introduce a new game mechanic to encourage balanced sided now that switching has been greatly limited?

Yeah, choose your 1 side switch per night carefully. :t
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline whopper2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS.
GONE

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2011, 07:30:55 PM »

:rofl

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2011, 07:35:11 PM »
Bear... you're the most special Muppet that will always have a most special place within my heart.   :banana:   :cheers: (<- tounge in cheek)

Bar, careful, don't get dragged in (<- seriously) or next they'll pull their weight around here to get HTC to yank the M-18 off "the list" (<- joke).  :D  :aok   :bolt: 

What perturbs me is the nature of how drastic the change is.  A 1200% increase in the time in which you cannot switch sides for.  A 1200% increase in any setting is excessively large.  And that is all the more I'm going to say on the subject matter before Hitech turns me into a powdery dust and blows my ashes off the Cliffs of Moher.

Now, that I agree, it is drastic and nobody will argue 1200% is anything but heavy-handed.  But most do not see it as a gameplay-crippling impedement (and the fact it is for you and your squad is of great amusement to many), most are glad HTC is just trying something different (and if we go look at the vast majority of you and other member's in your squad's post history, so should you... but instead it's to the contrary and again to many people's amusement).  The question I have is the same as yours in that respect: why.  There has to be more logic/reason behind it than simpley "it's an old standard we've overlooked the last few months", although the reasoning for why it was introduced way back then could be the same for why it is being done exactly the same way now.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:40:04 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2011, 07:36:08 PM »
the very first thing I do when I log on is look at the map and look for the biggest red dar from there I proceed to switch to the country that is being hoarded and roll from a base near where they are upping from...the nme that is...and have a blast fighting the hoard....if the tide changes which it does often I switch back and will be fighting along side the guys that were just red.....

I can no longer do this.....yet I have been doing that since I started and what I find fun.

its not a whine as some of you guys are trying to say.....it is a fact that I have to deal with, and I am stating my opinion of it.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2011, 07:36:57 PM »
The rational for changing it to 1 hour when we went to 2 arenas was because the 2 arena format caused an almost constant imbalance between countries and the need arose to be able to change countries when you changed arenas. Now that we are back to one 1 arena , we have gone back to 12 hours, it was only an oversight that it was not done at the same time we changed to 1 arena.

HiTech

So have you seen any improvement in side balancing in the MA yet? What about for those people who like to switch sides to even the fights out as the arena numbers fluctuate throughout the day? Now they can't really do that anymore. Essentially they can only switch sides once in one evening. The odds of finding an even fight are probably more slim now.

Good fights = better gameplay

No fights = bad gameplay

It's your sandbox.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2011, 07:37:36 PM »
Bar, careful, don't get dragged in (<- seriously) or next they'll pull their weight around here to get HTC to yank the M-18 off "the list" (<- joke).  :D  :aok   :bolt:  
:confused: :cry :bolt: :ahand
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2011, 08:02:59 PM »
Bear... you're the most special Muppet that will always have a most special place within my heart.   :banana:   :cheers: (<- tounge in cheek)

Bar, careful, don't get dragged in (<- seriously) or next they'll pull their weight around here to get HTC to yank the M-18 off "the list" (<- joke).  :D  :aok   :bolt: 

Now, that I agree, it is drastic and nobody will argue 1200% is anything but heavy-handed.  But most do not see it as a gameplay-crippling impedement (and the fact it is for you and your squad is of great amusement to many), most are glad HTC is just trying something different (and if we go look at the vast majority of you and other member's in your squad's post history, so should you... but instead it's to the contrary and again to many people's amusement).  The question I have is the same as yours in that respect: why.  There has to be more logic/reason behind it than simpley "it's an old standard we've overlooked the last few months", although the reasoning for why it was introduced way back then could be the same for why it is being done exactly the same way now.

Are you related to a guy named Storch by any chance?

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #294 on: July 20, 2011, 08:24:02 PM »
After 20 pages we have the true reason of the change...

Just Cause it was that way before..  :aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #295 on: July 20, 2011, 08:44:33 PM »
it is a fact that I have to deal with, and I am stating my opinion of it.
That's not allowed. The change didn't effect POTW so shut your Muppet crybaby mouth.

Nothing personal :aok

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #296 on: July 20, 2011, 08:54:49 PM »
Ok Babs, a few asprin now and please move the umbrella a tad to the right. I fell asleep a few pages back.

HiTech,

The one hour limit makes sense now in light of the two LWMA arena explanation. Thank you for responding on that.

How was the 12 hour limit found to be the solution for a single arena based on your experience? What was it accomplishing in the past that a lesser amount of time wasn't? It must produce a result you value. With the return to a single arena you have kept that time over other choices. It would seem the real argument then is your reason for 12 hours based on experience is at odds to the emmidiate emotional desires of a small but, loudly vocal faction of the player base.

On the other hand you may want to ignor my question. I suspect if you answer, it will generate some loud and unhappy cape watering forays at your Bastille.

Ahh, Paris 1789...very loud and vocal mobs running amok. Times change, mobs don't.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #297 on: July 20, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
Ok Babs, a few asprin now and please move the umbrella a tad to the right. I fell asleep a few pages back.

HiTech,

The one hour limit makes sense now in light of the two LWMA arena explanation. Thank you for responding on that.

How was the 12 hour limit found to be the solution for a single arena based on your experience? What was it accomplishing in the past that a lesser amount of time wasn't? It must produce a result you value. With the return to a single arena you have kept that time over other choices. It would seem the real argument then is your reason for 12 hours based on experience is at odds to the emmidiate emotional desires of a small but, loudly vocal faction of the player base.

On the other hand you may want to ignor my question. I suspect if you answer, it will generate some loud and unhappy cape watering forays at your Bastille.

Ahh, Paris 1789...very loud and vocal mobs running amok. Times change, mobs don't.

Well Hitech responded let them eat cake.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #298 on: July 20, 2011, 09:39:27 PM »
Its not that bad. You can still change country's. Just pick carefully for the day. When you cant find a fight, then make one.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline dev41

• Zinc Member
« Reply #299 on: July 20, 2011, 09:59:47 PM »
Well, this is a most interesting thread. Put me in the camp that really doesn't care one way or the other, but I can also see where some people might be affected by the change. Is it a drastic change? For some people I am sure it is (obviously the muppets think that it is). I think Grizz makes a valid point, however, that it appears from a game players point of view that sometimes it seems like the changes are capricious and seem to be rather drastic. I am not saying they are capricious, because I am sure that there is logic behind them, but to people such as us that play the game it can appear that way when we do not understand that rationale. I would personally appreciate, as a paying customer, an explanation as to why Hi Tech views the twelve hour change as beneficial to the game. I understand that it was this way prior to the two arena switch (although I was not around at the time) and that Hi Tech is simply adjusting back to the way it was before. But, I can't help wondering why it was that way before and how this change now is beneficial from Hi Tech's point of view. I suppose that even if we get an answer that there will be many on here who find fault with it, so I am not exactly expecting an explanation, but it would be nice.

However, my interest is more that I would hate for a large change to drive some of the more experienced players from the game. While the small squad I belong too (JG77 Herz-As) barely makes a dent in the game at all, we do seek to improve and get better. We would prefer that the better pilots and squads stay active in the game so that we can put our (inferior for now) skills to the test from time to time and be constantly challenged to get better. I think it would be nice if we as a community received explanations for large changes so we could at least understand why they are implemented even if we do not like them.

I do not say this as a demand, but as a request. Certainly this game is Hi Tech's, et al, so it is clearly up to them what they choose to relay, but it would be nice. It would also be nice if the players could respond in mature fashion and allow the changes a chance to succeed or fail prior to making judgements. I can see that there are strong feelings on this, but surely Hi-Tech will do what is right if this change appears not to work as intended. Or, if it does, then we shall all be better for it I would think (hope).
Weta
Jagdgeschwader 77 HERZ-AS