Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13875 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2011, 10:03:50 PM »
Well Hitech responded let them eat cake.

Sukov, we both know  Jean-Jacques Rousseau wrote "let them eat cake" in his autobiograpy named  "Confessions" in 1765, when Marie Antoinette was only 9. She was still in Austria and France was far from the revolution.

The context of Rousseau's account was his desire for bread, to accompany some wine he had stolen; however, in feeling he was too elegantly dressed to go into an ordinary bakery, he thus recollected the words of a "great princess":

Rousseau - Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the peasants had no bread, and who responded: "Let them eat brioche."

"Let them eat cake" is the traditional translation of the French phrase "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche". Since brioche was enriched, as opposed to normal bread, the quote supposedly would reflect the princess's obliviousness to the condition of the people.

Sukov, Marie Antoinette asked god to forgive her murderers while they manipulated her son to accuse her of a crime against nature to justify beheading her. Much like mobs through out history. They only cared about what they wanted at that moment.

Well Sukov I guess we have to return control of our telvision channel to the mob howling for HiTech's head......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2011, 10:08:33 PM »
OK I've been doing some thinking on how to help all those involved, pardon my fast paint shop example picture...

Hi tech is it possible to code this into the Arena Selection Clipboard, i feel it would greatly improve the current situation. When you get to the Arena Selection Menu can it be possible for a person to highlight the Arena they want to enter and get the country status for that Arena,( like you do in game by right clicking the clipboard map) That way you can go to the country with the lowest numbers if that's how you play, and you would still have your 1 country switch left, as it is now when you log into the Arena your already in the country you were in the previous time you played, if the country you log into is overpopulated then you have to use your 1 switch right away, then yea it seems a bit harse for those who help balance sides.

My idea just gives the side balancing people a choice before they get into the LW MA  just right-click and highlight the country on the Left side to enter the Arena for that Country... Here's the Pic sorry for the poor interface but i think you get what I'm meaning  :salute....   For the people who fly for the same country all the time this interface would mean nothing or affect their game play.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:37:18 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »
Sukov, we both know  Jean-Jacques Rousseau wrote "let them eat cake" in his autobiograpy named  "Confessions" in 1765, when Marie Antoinette was only 9. She was still in Austria and France was far from the revolution.

The context of Rousseau's account was his desire for bread, to accompany some wine he had stolen; however, in feeling he was too elegantly dressed to go into an ordinary bakery, he thus recollected the words of a "great princess":

Rousseau - Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the peasants had no bread, and who responded: "Let them eat brioche."

"Let them eat cake" is the traditional translation of the French phrase "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche". Since brioche was enriched, as opposed to normal bread, the quote supposedly would reflect the princess's obliviousness to the condition of the people.

Sukov, Marie Antoinette asked god to forgive her murderers while they manipulated her son to accuse her of a crime against nature to justify beheading her. Much like mobs through out history. They only cared about what they wanted at that moment.

Well Sukov I guess we have to return control of our television channel to the mob howling for HiTech's head......

Yeah most likely never said by her. Sad really, she was used throughout her time as a scapegoat for the mob. Always thought the "let them eat cake" quote was very funny.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #303 on: July 21, 2011, 12:29:38 AM »
 Actually, come to think of it, AoM has soo many exPOTW members that have no sincere hate or hostility twords us,

I whole heartedly disagree with this statement. I am exPOTW and I hate the living toejam out of all of you. In fact I hate everyone in this game now .....  :rock

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #304 on: July 21, 2011, 12:36:37 AM »

I whole heartedly disagree with this statement. I am exPOTW and I hate the living toejam out of all of you. In fact I hate everyone in this game now .....  :rock

I'd suggest one size up on the leather Lederhosen then.  Must be too tight :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #305 on: July 21, 2011, 12:58:46 AM »
I won't be country loyal, but I will be anti horde loyal.

Don't see how it will be any decision other than staying knit or going rook.

Either way I am coming at bishes to make em do my dishes.
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #306 on: July 21, 2011, 01:12:25 AM »
Day 2,  logged on for 1 hour 15 minutes, 1 single fight just one, could not switch to find another!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2011, 01:30:00 AM »
Day 2,  logged on for 1 hour 15 minutes, 1 single fight just one, could not switch to find another!

JUGgler

I really think that late night is going to be the biggest issue. Seems like if the numbers drop to a certain point, that the switch time should drop, in particular on larger maps.  Way too easy to avoid a fight then.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #308 on: July 21, 2011, 01:41:47 AM »
OK I've been doing some thinking on how to help all those involved, pardon my fast paint shop example picture...

Hi tech is it possible to code this into the Arena Selection Clipboard, i feel it would greatly improve the current situation. When you get to the Arena Selection Menu can it be possible for a person to highlight the Arena they want to enter and get the country status for that Arena,( like you do in game by right clicking the clipboard map) That way you can go to the country with the lowest numbers if that's how you play, and you would still have your 1 country switch left, as it is now when you log into the Arena your already in the country you were in the previous time you played, if the country you log into is overpopulated then you have to use your 1 switch right away, then yea it seems a bit harse for those who help balance sides.

My idea just gives the side balancing people a choice before they get into the LW MA  just right-click and highlight the country on the Left side to enter the Arena for that Country... Here's the Pic sorry for the poor interface but i think you get what I'm meaning  :salute....   For the people who fly for the same country all the time this interface would mean nothing or affect their game play.

(Image removed from quote.)

Well thought out idea :salute

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #309 on: July 21, 2011, 01:47:46 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I dig it  :salute
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2011, 01:48:29 AM »
I really think that late night is going to be the biggest issue. Seems like if the numbers drop to a certain point, that the switch time should drop, in particular on larger maps.  Way too easy to avoid a fight then.
gunna screw the pooch for us Aussies when numbers are low and the few people on are sneaking around avoiding combat. If Steely, Tongs and Forkit aren't on we don't have much to fight.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #311 on: July 21, 2011, 01:53:43 AM »
gunna screw the pooch for us Aussies when numbers are low and the few people on are sneaking around avoiding combat. If Steely, Tongs and Forkit aren't on we don't have much to fight.
:aok :aok very true.. hey don't forget me
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #312 on: July 21, 2011, 02:34:22 AM »
I blame skyryder

:D

HL
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #313 on: July 21, 2011, 02:53:55 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:25:03 AM by hitech »

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #314 on: July 21, 2011, 03:04:32 AM »
For rule #4 quote