Author Topic: Range Squelch  (Read 1595 times)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
Re: Range Squelch
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 01:40:27 PM »
OK, Question: I assume you can only use Vox or Teamspeak. So how do you comm with others in the game? I need my check 6 from random folks, as well as giving them out. You can;t use both at teh same time, in a practical way, can you?
thats what u get for assuming u can still use both nice part is u can turn down range to almost nothing
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 01:42:40 PM »
OK, Question: I assume you can only use Vox or Teamspeak. So how do you comm with others in the game? I need my check 6 from random folks, as well as giving them out. You can;t use both at teh same time, in a practical way, can you?

You run Vent/TS in the background while you play AH. You can still use your Range and Channel buttons, but you also have a button for your 3rd party program.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 01:45:11 PM »
You run Vent/TS in the background while you play AH. You can still use your Range and Channel buttons, but you also have a button for your 3rd party program.

Ahhh. Thanks Gnucks
Who is John Galt?

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 05:00:05 PM »
Choice to squelch Range channel has been asked for multiple times on the wishlist page for 10+ years...you will not get it.

You also will not get:

Zoom settings to remember like our standard set plane views  do

Proper dawn/dusk colors like in AH1. Sunsets used to be so nice in AH1 but Dark sucked

Three uncapturable bases in TT & FT ( place the red square on them give the Gv'ers a guaranteed place to fight)

Rockets choice to fire 1st then bombs using backspace

Auto boot of tower sitters after 45 min to 1 hour like AOL 1995 and other games

Hills and trees to be impenetrable by tank rounds when hiding behind them...could be fixed, not sure

To be able to land safely when firmly planted in the yellow arrow of tank spawns instead of getting ditch or crash most of the time

Re-Arm pad at V bases...no air fuel or wait 2 min

Increase ammo hardness as it is a protective bunker not above ground fuel or radar.

Red outs when your burning to simulate heat. HTC Fixed by reducing the time a plane can burn before exploding

A fire Sound to let you know you are burning and should get out b4 your plane explodes would be nice

Release New maps...maaybe or  maybe not otw. I know there are many player mades but for two countries.

Korean war jet arena...who plays WWl???

I'm sure i missed a fewh

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 01:27:23 AM »
Korean war jet arena...who plays WWl???

Korean war would soon be equally dead as WWI. Years ago I played warbirds (Hitech was there then I believe) and on special occasions the F86 showed up. A nice novelty. The novelty soon wore off though as the reality of speeds and engagement ranges reared its' head. It's just annoying to try to manuever against a dot subtitled with type and range but at such a distance that you don't know the aircraft's orientation. Split second later that dot has closed, blown by, and is a dot again that you once again have no idea how it is maneuvering. The fun is quickly lost.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 06:06:48 AM »
He gave you a home, where the buffalo roamed...

And the deer and the cantaloupe played.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 06:20:58 AM »
I just wish there was a setting to decide whether range or channel had priority. The you would not need to squelch range.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 07:55:27 AM »
I just wish there was a setting to decide whether range or channel had priority. The you would not need to squelch range.

+1  :aok
AH Supporter Since Tour 35