Author Topic: panther vs king tiger  (Read 2739 times)

Offline whopper2

• Zinc Member
Re: panther vs king tiger
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 12:24:46 PM »
It would be extremely nice to be able to test different scenerios in the game but they will rarely happen.

Why?

The winners from now on are:  bombs.
GONE

Offline prowl3r

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 10:34:27 PM »
no. Never

wrong may take several hits but panther can do it
in peace sons bury thier fathers, in war fathers bury thier sons

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 11:33:21 AM »
wrong may take several hits but panther can do it

Why would it take several hits?   Flank it and put one into the side armor

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 03:18:21 PM »
Real question is, wouldn't the KT get bombed long before the panther can get to it?  :lol
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 03:47:16 PM »
Real question is, wouldn't the KT get bombed long before the panther can get to it?  :lol
I've been offering myself up as a target the last few days and the only GV I've lost to aircraft were two or three M8s.  I did see another aircraft when I was in a T-34, but in general, thus far, GVs seem to be the main killers of GVs.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 03:54:05 PM »
Probably true due their both tank's fondness for 'friendly' concrete.

Complete hogwash...

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »
Complete hogwash...
Sadly, not.  There are people who sit on friendly concrete and tower out the moment they hear bombs or take a hit.  Sure, sometimes they'll die to the first hit, but it certainly protects their perks.

Of course there are also people who use them offensively and aggressively, but the ratio is not as favorable as it is for the free or ultra cheap perk tanks.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 04:07:37 PM »
Complete hogwash...

Absolutely not. High perk tanks are very reluctantly used offensively, be it tactically (base defense) or "strategic", in attacking other bases. Tigers & Panthers are far less used to attack other bases than in base defense, as the perks are basically lost the moment you spawn in.
Keep in mind, the average player, spending about hours each month in tanks with meager success, does not have the abundance of perks available the very few high-profile players have. (Even the one perk price on the M4(76) cut the usage back to almost 60%)

40 perks is a lot to them, and they understandably try to minimize the risk of losing them. That's why it's more likely for a Tiger to stay on concrete in the same way as a B-29 is much more likely to fly at very high altitudes.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:09:51 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 07:12:30 PM »
will panther gun defeat frontal armor of KT?

Not the turret or the glacis plate.

It could defeat the lower nose armor at 1000yds or so (assuming he isn't shooting 'down' at it, and therby increasing the slope for that particular section of armor.)

Kingtiger had 180mm turret armor, ~180mm armor on the glacis plate, and ~135mm on the lower nose.

Only 5 tanks will be physicly capable of killint it from the front, assuming a level hit "Tiger, Panther, firefly (lower nose), T-34/85 and the Tiger II.

IMO, KT is gonna mop the floor with the panther. Yeah the panther is faster, but its not fast enough to swing around the sides and make a kill before the KT backs up behind cover and turns to face the panther. M3 probably has a better chance against the KT than the panther, assuming a flanking manuver.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 11:32:02 AM »
King tiger.

The speed advantage is over rated. Tank victories always come down to acuracy, firepower, and lastly Armor.

The bigger gun on the Tiger gives it a better chance to shoot through a panther at distance. It's thinker armor makes it more likely to survive a panther hit at distance. at 3k a K Tiger could survive 3[?] hits from a Panther. How many hits could a Panther Survive at 3K from a KT? Fire rate is similar? I think so. That one or two more hits that KT can take over his opponent makes him a winner.

Who is John Galt?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »
Vinkman, the Panther is physicly incapable of penetrating any part of the KT's frontal armor beyond 1800yds or so. While the KT's gun would rip the turret off of the panther from 2500yds out, if not further.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »
Vinkman, the Panther is physicly incapable of penetrating any part of the KT's frontal armor beyond 1800yds or so. While the KT's gun would rip the turret off of the panther from 2500yds out, if not further.

You put the specifics on my point.  :salute
Speed and manueverability only matters against really really bad shots, or if your within 50 yrds. Anyone here think they could get within 50 yrds of DR7 if he was parked somewhere in KT?  :lol
Who is John Galt?

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »
A Tiger has stripes, that makes him badass, he will definitely beat a sissy non-stripey Panther.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline WYOKIDIII

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 02:14:34 PM »
A Tiger has stripes, that makes him badass, he will definitely beat a sissy non-stripey Panther.

I read this and picture it being said by Hobbes the Tiger
Sooo....What , are those guys here to kill you because God forgot too ?

Hank Venture

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »
^ :lol