Author Topic: Gv air support  (Read 1540 times)

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
Re: Gv air support
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:29 AM »
What do people have against cheese ? caldera...too funny.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:44 AM »
zack wears rubber underpants  :old:

Vinkman is right - this is not war, this is a game, and if the game allows people to dive bomb you in Lancs or to do other 'unrealistic' things that make your blood boil, then you have to either counter that (air support?) or suck it up and take your beating like a man

expecting hundreds of random people on the internet to play in 'historical context' is hilariously misguided  :rofl

I hope you don't think I meant that folks should "play in an historical context."

I mean your statement about not upping a gv without air support is a plan for not having a game. A person can't control whether they have air support because they can't control "hundreds random people on the internet" to provide that support any more than can to stop bomb tards. The answer to bomb****ing is not to bring you own plane. It's to make bombing harder. The reason it's called bomb"tarding" is because it's so easy a "tard" can do it. It's free kills for the fighter pilot with an egg.

If folks follow your solution, there won't be any GV fights as soon as a plane shows up. That will be fun for everyone won't it?  :rolleyes:

It's a computer game. Anything is possible. Instead of the answer being "don't play." Perhaps a small change would make the game fun for everyone so play would expand.  :aok

Easy peazy bomb tarding by fighters, and Camping GV spawns are serious game-play flaws in the game design. They should be addressed. Until then, folks point out these ducks-in-a-barrel scenarios in the hope that people will learn to respect their opponents, and play in a style that promotes fun for everyone.

But there are simply too many people who think irritating people is the fun.

Which is why these things need to be fixed in the code.  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 10:23:14 AM »
I hope you don't think I meant that folks should "play in an historical context."

No sir, that was directed to the post before yours.  :salute

there are simply too many people who think irritating people is the fun.

Which is why these things need to be fixed in the code.  :salute

Which is why these issues should be kept to Wishlist threads  :old:  instead of people constantly whining about 'bomb tards' , 'no honour' etc*

Until things change (if they ever do), GV fans are forced to work within the framework of the game that we've got and think pro-actively about how to combat the 'bomb tards'  :rolleyes:  

*disclaimer: i've dropped 1 (one) bomb on a tank in my entire AH career
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 10:36:53 AM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 10:41:33 AM »
 :rofl 6 nil to me :banana:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 10:56:08 AM »
Zack is a bott.....loves sheep....and is a general lay about....

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 02:12:54 PM »
"..there are simply too many people who think irritating people is the
 fun. Which is why these things need to be fixed in the code.  "

Amen. 

If a cadre of  slowest-common-denominator players are only "irritated"
and  not "infuriated" then HTC has changes to make indeed.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »
Did the Allies not pound German tank formations in Normandy and beyond in Bombers?

Not really. Most Tiger I's, Tiger II's, and Panthers were abandoned or destroyed by their crews. Oh sure, aircraft caused a fair percentage of tank casualties, but its not the total carnage you seem to think.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 02:44:12 PM »
7 - 0  :rofl

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 07:47:44 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Shuffler, did you ketch dem' feeshies all by your lonesome?  You look mighty happy.  :D
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 09:36:42 AM »
Shuffler, did you ketch dem' feeshies all by your lonesome?  You look mighty happy.  :D

lol that is not me.... just off the net. I was complimenting the OP on his linesmanship. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BTHayze

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 09:38:53 AM »
lol that is not me.... just off the net. I was complimenting the OP on his linesmanship. :D

I was up all night trying to figure out the context of the image you posted.  :huh

With my mind at ease, I can once again sleep.  :salute  :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 09:39:19 AM »
I was up all night trying to figure out the context of the image you posted.  :huh

With my mind at ease, I can once again sleep.  :salute  :aok

:rofl

:neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »
Not really. Most Tiger I's, Tiger II's, and Panthers were abandoned or destroyed by their crews. Oh sure, aircraft caused a fair percentage of tank casualties, but its not the total carnage you seem to think.

The Allies did commit a large Operation to disrupting the Normandy country side, mainly to stop reinforcements as well as Train yards - most Tactical air support was done by Planes like the Typhoon and B-26, carpet bombing was even done by B17's on areas where there was a troop concentration.

Tanks were generally kept well hidden, however supply convoys on open roads were decimated by low flying aircrafts.
JG 52

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 09:52:43 AM »
I for one have been guilty in calling nearby acft to bomb the living heck out of Butchers panther as he puts these ugly gaping holes into my M4's ..  :old: :neener: :lol
Ground Pounders ...